Constellation Aquaclass Balconies - Insights?

Mgb2hyd

Hello,

We are interested in a cruise on Constellation next May to France, Italy and Adriatic. We'd like to try an Aquaclass cabin and are looking at the ones on deck 9. However, looking at photos and the deck plan, there is quite a large overhang from the pool deck above, making the balcony look quite enclosed. We would probably want to sit out there quite a bit in the afternoons and evenings, although not bothered about having full sun, as long as it's warm.

Does anyone have any experience of these cabins? I'm wondering whether you noticed the overhang - did it affect the view or feel enclosed? And also things like noise and smells from the deck above (smoking? cooking?). Are the regular balconies lower down the same?

This will be our 3rd cruise, and 2nd with a balcony. The first was to Norway, so a warm weather cruise with the ability to actually sit out without a woolly hat on will be a novelty indeed.

Any insights to help me make a decision would be appreciated. Especially by my husband who wants me to JUST MAKE A DECISION!! [emoji3]

We had one of these Aqua cabins with an overhang last year on the Constellation and the overhang did not bother us at all. However, we are always going to head for shade rather than full sun so it suited us well. You will find others who dislike these cabins! The support also did not bother us.

No smells but slight noise occasionally from the moving of chairs above the balcony - we were in 9056. I have sharp hearing and it didn't bother me. We loved having Blu as our dining room and have several others booked in Aqua for this reason.

We did a B2B and the second week we were in a regular balcony cabin on deck 6 and dined in the MDR - did not enjoy that experience nearly as much, although mostly to do with the dining and not to do with the cabin; that was fine.

Thanks mrsgoggins, that's really helpful information.

I really like the sound of Blu and having an additional dining option is appealing - otherwise I'd just go for a normal balcony lower down. I know it's down to personal preference.

Decisions, decisions!

My husband and I have been booking the Aqua cabins on deck 11 on both the Summit and Infinity (as well as an upcoming trip in 2017 on the Millennium). Have not been on the Connie yet. We especially like the aft cabins on deck 11 - a little more veranda space and interesting views. Even with the new terrace space above us - noise was not an issue - furniture does not move around up there. Only noise we heard was during the day on the Summit when a movie was playing up there - only heard the movie on our veranda not in the room.

Just came off the Infinity in AQ deck 11 cabin. If you are noise sensitive I would not book these cabins. I spend a lot of time on my balcony and either movies or music could be heard most of the day. Did not hear any noise late at night.

We stayed in 9060 aboard Connie. Didn't mind the overhang. Noisy though. There is a service door nearby.

We stayed in 1141 on Infinity and loved it. Yes, there is some noise from Rooftop Terrace and Oceanview Bar but we didn't care. The huge veranda and amazing views by far outweigh the noise during the day. No noise at night. Deck 11 aft-facing cabins are the only way to go for us.

We were in 9100 last November. Loved the location did not experience any noise from the deck above. The balcony is angled at one end (by the Celebrity Suite next door) and this makes it a bit smaller on that end - not a problem for us. We would book this location again.

i have stayed in AQ on deck 9. I liked the overhang, and we dii get some sun very late afternoon on sea days. Still the same view from all side balcony cabins. No noise from pool deck above as we could tell. It was near the internet/technology room.

I did like the cabins perks. Eating in Blue was fine. Like the smaller venue, but the food was not much better than MDR in my opinion.

Will have a C1 aft cabin with huge balcony when I am on the Contellation in July.

Loved our C3 Deck 9 cabin with covered balcony. Never had covered balcony before but my cabinmate sat out there all the time with her ipad.

Now I always get covered balcony!!!!! Find it more useable.

Thank you all for your replies, and cabin numbers, very helpful.

I'm wondering - does the Constellation have an outdoor movie screen? Is that what some of you were referring to? I don't recall seeing mention of it.

We were in 9104 a month ago. The overhang did not bother us at all. We did hear a noise like banging pipes intermittently throughout the day but not at night. This was on Millennium.

We just got off Infinity in AQ cabin 9116. Infinity is a sistership to Connie with exactly the same layout. We have been on Connie twice.

We loved our cabin with overhang. It is not claustrophobic. It was silent, no noise from deck above and no inside cabin or service doors across the hallway. It was close to both aft and midships elevator stacks, We will definitely book an AQ cabin in that general area again!

Blu is fabulous! In our opinion the food is significantly better than the MDR (which is actually quite good). But what really stands out is the service. We are hooked on Blu! In the MDR we always had early seating and felt our service was always rushed to make room for the late seating. Not so in Blu. The table you have is yours until Blu closes down. We closed Blu down a couple of times after losing track of time in conversations with new found friends at the table next to us!