Video of our H3 Owner's Suite 9004 NCL Jewel

kdzkatz

Thanks for the video. You mentioned prior to the cruise that you would also shoot a video of 9002. Did you happen to do that? I've been calling to try and get an Upsell for Deck 9 or 10 Owners Suite but nothing has opened up. :( Also, satisfied with the service the Butler provided along with the Room Steward and Concierge?

Edited by hawgwildterry

Thanks! That was fun. I have been on the Jewel twice. Last year in an aft PH. So, after a few aft PHs we booked a fwd PH on the Jade, which was cancelled. So now, booked aft PH on Epic.

Your 2 balconies look great. One sunny and windy and one secluded??? How were they? Would you choose this room or 2 bdrm in Haven? For my niece's college grad trip. Just us. She loved the concierge and butler last year.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the video. You mentioned prior to the cruise that you would also shoot a video of 9002. Did you happen to do that? I've been calling to try and get an Upsell for Deck 9 or 10 Owners Suite but nothing has opened up. :( Also, satisfied with the service the Butler provided along with the Room Steward and Concierge?

Before I could get over there my parents were all unpacked and settled in. I didn't want to invade their Nirvana so I am sorry I was not able to get a video of the room. The video online of 9502 on the Jewel is a great example of the mirror image of the room. I will see if there are any pics I can get up of the room and/or the balcony.

The room steward Christopher was great! He was always very much on his game and whatever we asked of him he did quickly and with a smile. Bruno took amazing care of my parents in 9002. We did not utilize him much but he was very available and I am very happy with how well he took care of my parents with anything they needed. Putu was our butler and he is very friendly and made sure our vacation was special. We also had a chance to say hello to Roland who was our butler a couple years ago. He was on deck 10 but came down a couple times including our last evening to say goodbye and chat for a bit.

There is an incredible waiteress Emilia who has been on our last 3 cruises. She was working in Le Bistro this last week. If you have an opportunity to have her as your waitress she is very fun.

We also felt the HD Steven Jacobsen very much wanted your cruise to be special. They really do value feedback from CC members. If you attend your Meet & Greet I think you will find it informative and a great way to maybe meet others with similar interests.

Thanks! That was fun. I have been on the Jewel twice. Last year in an aft PH. So, after a few aft PHs we booked a fwd PH on the Jade, which was cancelled. So now, booked aft PH on Epic.

Your 2 balconies look great. One sunny and windy and one secluded??? How were they? Would you choose this room or 2 bdrm in Haven? For my niece's college grad trip. Just us. She loved the concierge and butler last year.

Thanks for sharing.

Our front balcony was a little windy this year but only because the weather was windy and not because of the location. It was very nice having the second balcony on the side as it was very secluded.

The bathroom was great and we really liked the shower.

As far as the OS vs the 2 bdrm it would depend. If there is more than 2 of us traveling together we would definitely rather have the 2 bdrm. If there are other friends and family cruising with you but not in the same room and they are not in a Haven room then I would take the OS as there is a bunch of room in there. We went to the Haven several times and we did not find the distance away to be much of an inconvenience but others may.

If your cruise is to Alaska I think the OS beats out the 2 bdrm as we feel the front of the ship is the best view on the ship. If your cruise is a less scenic itinerary then I think the 2 bdrm may beat out the OS as the Haven is so convenient. There are pros and cons with either room but they are both incredible.

Being a Haven guest is amazing. We feel fortunate to be able to experience it.

Thank you for replying to my question. I think I have a pretty good idea what to expect with 9002. Still going to bug NCL about that H3 Upsell and hope one becomes available but time is running out quickly. Your stateroom looked amazing. :D

We do not have reservations for Le Bistro as my wife did not see anything on the menu that interested her. We do have reservations for Teppanyaki, Cagney's, La Cucina, and Moderno.

Next Saturday's weather looks decent for our departure and hope we hit a good patch during our time in Alaska. I've yet to do a whale excursion out of Juneau that had decent weather so that would really be a bonus for me.

I have two friends who are officers with HAL and another friend who is a retired HAL Hotel Director. We have been loyal HAL cruisers since 1996 with a Princess cruise thrown in along the way. This will be a precursor cruise for a planned extended family Panama Canal Cruise in the Fall of 2017. It has been well over 20yrs since we last cruised with NCL and the family members who want to put together the cruise will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary...and they love NCL.

Edited by hawgwildterry

Our front balcony was a little windy this year but only because the weather was windy and not because of the location. It was very nice having the second balcony on the side as it was very secluded.

The bathroom was great and we really liked the shower.

As far as the OS vs the 2 bdrm it would depend. If there is more than 2 of us traveling together we would definitely rather have the 2 bdrm. If there are other friends and family cruising with you but not in the same room and they are not in a Haven room then I would take the OS as there is a bunch of room in there. We went to the Haven several times and we did not find the distance away to be much of an inconvenience but others may.

If your cruise is to Alaska I think the OS beats out the 2 bdrm as we feel the front of the ship is the best view on the ship. If your cruise is a less scenic itinerary then I think the 2 bdrm may beat out the OS as the Haven is so convenient. There are pros and cons with either room but they are both incredible.

Being a Haven guest is amazing. We feel fortunate to be able to experience it.

Thanks. Great info to think about.

Will be Haven guest in Feb on Epic. But want to go back to Jewel class for the grad cruise. She prob won't pick Alaska.

Thanks again.

Welcome back, hope you had a good time.

So did they end up having the new menus? Between the bedroom and living room, they only have a curtain or do they have a curtain and drape? I think only the Star/Dawn OS have both and on Jewel class they just have the curtain.

Welcome back, hope you had a good time.

So did they end up having the new menus? Between the bedroom and living room, they only have a curtain or do they have a curtain and drape? I think only the Star/Dawn OS have both and on Jewel class they just have the curtain.

We had a great time and really enjoyed the room. They did not have the new menus but there were improvements in the food IMO.

In the suite restaurant for breakfast and lunch: The french dip uses a new roll and the meat is thin sliced. The hamburger is better and the steak we had for breakfast was great all week long. In the past it seemed like the quality of the steak in the morning dropped off. The brownie at lunch was amazing, much better than we remember.

The creme brûlée in Le Bistro was much much better than we remember. The chicken pot pie in O'Sheehan's was much bigger and very good and we did not feel there was a drop off in quality as the week progressed. If you get the apple pie in O'Sheehan's you need to ask for it to be warm if that is how you want it (we got it A la mode and warm...yum!)

Darn it on not showing the curtain i better detail. :o I wish I would have put the in the video as I was trying to show things other videos seemed to miss. It is a heavy curtain that you pull shut from both sides. It would work wonderful for keeping out light but not nearly as well with sound. This is one reason, if we were traveling in a group of more than just my DW and me that we would opt for the 2 bedroom.

Calling tomorrow if the shore side Concierge is open and changing our Monderno reservation to Le Bistro. Lots of positive feedback on Le Bistro and not so many on Monderno.

Glad to hear that from your perspective the food quality has improved.

Calling tomorrow if the shore side Concierge is open and changing our Monderno reservation to Le Bistro. Lots of positive feedback on Le Bistro and not so many on Monderno.

Glad to hear that from your perspective the food quality has improved.

Request to be in Emilia's area. They are all great wait staff but she is our favorite. If you get her tell her Katie & Mark say hi (we gave here a wall magnet with the Jewel on it a couple days ago at the end of our cruise, that might remind her of who you are talking about as they all work with so many passengers) My parents, DW and myself had dinner in Le Bistro on Friday night and she definitely impressed my parents (we were already impressed with her :D )

P.S. if you are torn on what dessert to try, ask her for one of each. My DW joked about it to her the first time we ate there and we weren't even in her station, lo and behold, that was what we got, one of each dessert. It was great :D

Request to be in Emilia's area. They are all great wait staff but she is our favorite. If you get her tell her Katie & Mark say hi (we gave here a wall magnet with the Jewel on it a couple days ago at the end of our cruise, that might remind her of who you are talking about as they all work with so many passengers) My parents, DW and myself had dinner in Le Bistro on Friday night and she definitely impressed my parents (we were already impressed with her :D )

P.S. if you are torn on what dessert to try, ask her for one of each. My DW joked about it to her the first time we ate there and we weren't even in her station, lo and behold, that was what we got, one of each dessert. It was great :D

Thanks Mark, I will put in my request for Emilia when I talk to Shore Side and if that does not work then have the Concierge take care of it once we are aboard. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the video and info! We are in that same room on the July 30th sailing from Seattle. CANNOT wait! Our kids are just down the way in 9502. That seems quite close based on what I can see of the deck plan.