what side of the ship?

denny514

Hi

we are booking a transpacific cruise from Honolulu to Sydney Australia....I was asked what side of the ship I'd like to be on.

I wasn't sure what to say.....is one side better?? its a one way cruise......left me wondering.........

Doesn't matter. At sea, there is water all around. In ports, the Captain will try to give each side equal time, if possible , facing the dock. Sometimes, the harbor view is better than the dock view!

Hi there

I guess ( without having been there ) on one side of the ship you would be able to see a sunrise and on the other a sunset from your cabin. Of course if you have an inside cabin the question would be inane. :)

have a great cruise

Doesn't matter. At sea, there is water all around. In ports, the Captain will try to give each side equal time, if possible , facing the dock. Sometimes, the harbor view is better than the dock view!

Thank you!!

I thought the same water is water......but then thought of ports of call and wondered if we were missing something. We have always had a balcony and never been asked which side of the ship did we want to be on.

Take care

Hi

we are booking a transpacific cruise from Honolulu to Sydney Australia....I was asked what side of the ship I'd like to be on.

I wasn't sure what to say.....is one side better?? its a one way cruise......left me wondering.........

What side of the ship.....

The inside.

Seriously won't make much difference at all.

Most ships Port will give you a nice view of the Opera house when you get to Sydney.

When you have an interior, it doesn't matter. If you have a balcony, sunrises (or sunsets) are gorgeous in a bathrobe with room service coffee!

I agree!! I would love to have a big enough balcony to have a lounger on it❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe it's because of smoking since some levels allow smoking on port and some on starboard people like to book their balconies on the opposite side of the ship from those public areas. Maybe that agent had a lot of people specify a certain side because of that.

Maybe it's because of smoking since some levels allow smoking on port and some on starboard people like to book their balconies on the opposite side of the ship from those public areas. Maybe that agent had a lot of people specify a certain side because of that.

Omg we don't smoke so I would never have thought of that. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Get an aft wrap around balcony. Issue resolved. Legs stop being pulled :D