Fort Lauderdale Hotels--Embassy Suites or Renaissance

shipgal

Sailing on Allure this summer and trying to choose between the Embassy Suites 17th St. or the Renaissance 17th Street for 1 night pre-cruise. Prices are about the same factoring in breakfasts so cost is not a factor. Would appreciate opinions on which would be a better property to stay in. I've read where the ES has gotten run down but everyone has different opinions.

Having stayed at both, I would choose the Renaissance. The rooms have been remodeled recently and the rooms at ES are getting a bit run down and the hotel generally is just more crowded, with very long waits for the elevators being reported. The Renaissance felt more intimate to me, and it was directly across from one of the port entrances, too. The ES is a little more convenient to shopping for those last-minute items you might need to buy since it is by a large shopping center, but there is a CVS or Walgreens right across from the Renaissance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would choose the are Renaissance also. We stayed at the Embassy in January for 4 nights & was disappointed. We are not picky but room cleaning was mediocre. The nightly cocktail event was so overrun with kids in dripping bathing suits, it was actually kinda dangerous on those slick floors. No free events at Renaissance but....pool is great & rooms at every nice.

The Renaissance is a more elegant hotel but the pool at ES has more character. If you like Atrium hotels you'll prefer ES but some find them loud or gaudy.

We are starting to look at hotels for our December cruise as we feel we probably should get one booked now. I've stayed at the Embassy many years ago and enjoyed it but want to try something new. The prices at the Renaissance are about 200 a night which is within our budget. Would you consider this hotel in a good location, safe, and clean?

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in February. We can not recommend. The biggest issue is the elevator. So many cruisers with luggage and not enough elevators. It took 15 minutes to get an elevator.

There were so many folks for the evening cocktails we did not participate. Same for the breakfast. There were no tables open. Vending machines were sold out of water and diet coke.

The room was nice, clean, and we'll appointed. Taxis are available for transport to terminal.

Just my opinion.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in February. We can not recommend. The biggest issue is the elevator. So many cruisers with luggage and not enough elevators. It took 15 minutes to get an elevator.

There were so many folks for the evening cocktails we did not participate. Same for the breakfast. There were no tables open. Vending machines were sold out of water and diet coke.

The room was nice, clean, and we'll appointed. Taxis are available for transport to terminal.

Just my opinion.