Gold Rope Chain - Ventura

Bav

My wife wants to buy a gold chain on board (ventura) They sell gold on a roll.

Can anybody tell me if it is 9ct ? rolled gold ? and how much does it cost per

cm or inches ?

Thankyou

Its 'layered' gold!

From the website:

Inch of Gold Ltd is the wholesale supplier of 18ct gold and silver layered chain, both ranges are 'nickel free' complying to EU standards and are coated with 'Acryseal', our exclusive acrylic finish, assuring maximum durability.

Don't bother buying. I purchased a chain last October when I asked what quality of gold it was I was told it wasn't solid gold. After around 2 months my neck was itching and I took a look at my neck and it was greeny brown. I took the necklace off and had to scrubb my neck clean. I also cleaned the necklace as per the instructions, put the necklace back on, but a day or so after the neck was again green.

The stuff they sell is just tat, I get sick of the same old rubbish. Having said this I was on a cruise on Arcadia a couple of years ago and they had some real jewellers onboard selling some lovely hand made jewellery - never seen it on any cruise from that day to this [emoji53]

I should add that there is a jewellery quarter in Birmingham, they produce 40% of the jewellery sold in the UK and many manufacturers are open to the public. It is cheaper than going to a retailer https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery_Quarter if you ever visit, you must look at the catacombs in the graveyard, they are amazing.

Edited by Florry

• 1 month later...

My husband bought a long ''gold'' chain in December and was told that if the colour came off he could get it replaced. Surprise surprise the colour is starting to change but there is nothing on the receipt about changing it or in fact where you can complain. Why are P+O allowed to sell this stuff if they know their customers are going to be disappointed?

You could try:

http://www.inchofgold.co.uk/

I would put it down to experience. Most of the goods we have bought on board cruise ships can be found ashore for similar prices, we found that the cross channel ferries price was less than the cruise lines.

When I was a retailer one of the lines we sold was gold rimmed porcelain, and it was being sold much cheaper by a chain store. It turned out to be a 'special line' and the gold plate was thinner and wore off quicker than the ones we were selling. There are lots of tricks like that, its buyer beware!

My husband bought a long ''gold'' chain in December and was told that if the colour came off he could get it replaced. Surprise surprise the colour is starting to change but there is nothing on the receipt about changing it or in fact where you can complain. Why are P+O allowed to sell this stuff if they know their customers are going to be disappointed?

do local jewellers sell GOLD chain from reels ?

its not sold by P&O but by a franchise.

Years ago both me and my pal bought chains.

Now wear them on ever cruise and never had a problem with them.

So they must have reduced with quality.

Great buy, and the do look like gold.

Soz can't remember what ship. Maybe Princess.

Kezz

I'll try and put a pic up later.

Toodle

Try Harding Bros who run the onboard shops. They didn't quibble when I returned a watch with a damaged clasp, as long as you have the receipt.

Because people will buy any sort of overpriced #### when they have been at sea for a day or so.

Quite amazing isn't it? Cheap evening bags that you can get at any market stall and ladies are scrambling for them. Amongst other tat of course.

Edited by amajaa

I have bought some inch of gold....knowing that it is only gold plated for that price! .....have just worn occasionally as costume jewellery and it has lasted for years without going green or wearing off. Good way of using up on board spends!! :)

Why DO people want to shop on a cruise? I suspect they know they are being rippe........sorry "manipulated" but like lemmings walking off the cliff they really can't help themselves.

David.

I did buy a pair of "fit flops" last year and saved a few quid...but most of the stiff isnt worth buying. Was also eyeing up a Radley bag this year on Oriana saving the tax/duty (about £20) ...decided against it in the end , and have now bought it at home in the sale...and saved £100.....:D

Why DO people want to shop on a cruise? I suspect they know they are being rippe........sorry "manipulated" but like lemmings walking off the cliff they really can't help themselves.

David.

P&O sell tat because tat sells, I suspect this is because people are bored, on holiday and aren't prepared to spend big bucks.

My question is: on longer cruises do they change the tat, or still wheel the same tat out every night with different *tantalising* offers? [emoji23]

Edited by Florry

Because people will buy any sort of overpriced #### when they have been at sea for a day or so.

Lots of people were buying on Ventura 3 weeks ago!!! They must be mad:confused::eek: