Booked a "pack n go" rate but have a problem

Vitamin_Sea

Hi...

We booked a pack n go on the Sunshine- departing 6/25.

Thought all was fine until I found today that my DD has an important college exam in the middle of the cruise and cannot go.

Apparently, there are no make up test

No travel insurance at all

I'm aware that pack n go is non refundable. Were willing to do another cruise if its offered- so far no.

Does anyone have any tactics they use to try to get CCL to give in?

thanks

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

I teach college and don't allow make ups, either.

However, if students know they have a conflict with a test, I do allow them to take the exam ahead of time.

I have had many students take me up on these offers and it usually works out OK for them. It can't hurt to ask the professor.

I teach college and don't allow make ups, either.

However, if students know they have a conflict with a test, I do allow them to take the exam ahead of time.

I have had many students take me up on these offers and it usually works out OK for them. It can't hurt to ask the professor.

Thanks.. We will definitely try that.

A CCL staff person also gave me an email address to write a letter.

They review all cases and may make an exception

Thanks.. We will definitely try that.

A CCL staff person also gave me an email address to write a letter.

They review all cases and may make an exception

I really hope your daughter is able to take the exam early because Carnival should not make an exception. Sorry but that's what comes with the fare you booked.

I hope she can take it early. I know a few college students that have been able to do early exams due to vacations or other conflicts.

Where do you see the pack and go cruises at?

Well, I kept on checking the cruise price for this sailing and pack n go was a lower rate.

So, we were able to switch into it - saving 150 total

At worst, kid can stay home and take the test.

Parents left me twice while I was at our local university. First was when the Buono cousins were terrorizing LA, then again when Richard Ramirez was on his rampage.

Edited by SadieN

I really hope your daughter is able to take the exam early because Carnival should not make an exception. Sorry but that's what comes with the fare you booked.

As cruel as it sounds, I have to agree. It's absolutely nothing personal. But why do we spend money on insurance or book higher, less restrictive rates if Carnival will make exceptions for those who don't and know (or at least should) full well the risk of booking certain types of fares? They want the best deal possible yet don't want to have to pay the piper when things go wrong.

Again, nothing against OP as I'm sure they are a nice person. I'm just getting tired of so many people having "emergencies" and them making exceptions. If you don't think it's worth protecting your own money, why should the company? And don't even say it's to make the customer happy. Because let me tell you, it makes me very unhappy as a loyal customer to see them breaking their own rules. If you don't intend to stick to them, then get rid of them and let it be a free for all. Why should one person be more special than the next? Where do you draw the line? If you do for one then you should do for all. Or none. Pick one and stick with it.

I fully understand it all and will try all we can- nothing to lose by trying.

If she's not allowed to take her exam early and there are no name changes with pack and go, your choices are to sail without her or cancel the whole thing and eat the penalty.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. [emoji853]

At worst, kid can stay home and take the test.

Parents left me twice while I was at our local university. First was when the Buono cousins were terrorizing LA, then again when Richard Ramirez was on his rampage.

haha... The thing is, Its only me and the kid going!:)

So, I'm not going alone plus they charge 500 for name change. :eek:

If she's not allowed to take her exam early and there are no name changes with pack and go, your choices are to sail without her or cancel the whole thing and eat the penalty.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. [emoji853]

thanks... I'm hoping for the early test. She should have more details as to that decision soon.

My kid received an email from the professor. She will definitely be able to take the test early. Was no problem at all.

Bottom line is were going on cruise.

Thanks for the assistance everyone

Just saw this thread now. Glad everything worked out for you. Have a great cruise and tell her we said Hi! :)

My kid received an email from the professor. She will definitely be able to take the test early. Was no problem at all.

Bottom line is were going on cruise.

Thanks for the assistance everyone

I was hoping that would be the case.

Have a great time!

Glad you can go. But for next time, note that such an event (exams) would not be a Covered Reason to cancel under a trip insurance policy.

Hi,,, I didn't think it would be covered. We never get insurance anyway.

thanks!

Hi,,, I didn't think it would be covered. We never get insurance anyway.

thanks!

Hopefully you will look into it for the future so you don't have to worry if things come up. Not only to cover the cost of your cruise and travel arrangements, but also for medical. It's easy to think you'll never need it and you might be right. But if you do it's well worth the few extra bucks. Cancel For Any Reason options are also available. It won't refund you the total amount (usually 70-75%), but it's better than losing it all.

Thankfully this time it all worked out. Have a great cruise!

Hi...

We booked a pack n go on the Sunshine- departing 6/25.

Thought all was fine until I found today that my DD has an important college exam in the middle of the cruise and cannot go.

Apparently, there are no make up test

No travel insurance at all

I'm aware that pack n go is non refundable. Were willing to do another cruise if its offered- so far no.

Does anyone have any tactics they use to try to get CCL to give in?

thanks

really :confused: :mad:

Yay glad it worked out for you.

Also yes if you purchase cancel for any reason insurance, exams are definitely covered, any reason is covered, hence the name cancel for any reason lol

Edited by poobears