Serious Question: Advice appreciated...

GrabMyWrist

We are doing a B2B sailing on the Escape at the end of July. If the opportunity presented itself, would you give up a Deck 9 Aft Balcony for an upgrade/upsell to The Haven? We've never stayed in The Haven before but we do in fact love the Aft balcony view. Currently, there are no Haven Aft cabins available but there are plenty of other Haven cabins available. TIA for any advice, insight or opinions.

We are doing a B2B sailing on the Escape at the end of July. If the opportunity presented itself, would you give up a Deck 9 Aft Balcony for an upgrade/upsell to The Haven? We've never stayed in The Haven before but we do in fact love the Aft balcony view. Currently, there are no Haven Aft cabins available but there are plenty of other Haven cabins available. TIA for any advice, insight or opinions.

I would have appreciated if you would have listed this as a haven question.:)

I fully appreciate your preference for the aft view.

I also understand your desire to experience the Haven.

I had both on Escape 2 weeks ago (Deck 12 H6).

Which Haven stateroom (specific stateroom number) are they offering? how much?

Given an either/or, I'd take the Haven as long as it wasn't a H7 on deck 14. Shoot for any other Haven (or Spa Haven) that you can get. If they are asking too much for the up-sell, give them an offer to see if they'll come down.

Take into consideration that the Haven has a higher DSC and that the butler and concierge aren't included in that DSC. (B2B doubles the usual)

For the improved service, lack of chaos (Haven pool/sun decks/priority boarding, etc.) and the Haven restaurant plus the aforementioned butler and concierge and all that goes with it, the Haven is worth it.

I'm going back on Escape in the Haven next year, fwiw.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I fully appreciate your preference for the aft view.

I also understand your desire to experience the Haven.

I had both on Escape 2 weeks ago (Deck 12 H6).

Which Haven stateroom (specific stateroom number) are they offering? how much?

Given an either/or, I'd take the Haven as long as it wasn't a H7 on deck 14. Shoot for any other Haven (or Spa Haven) that you can get. If they are asking too much for the up-sell, give them an offer to see if they'll come down.

Take into consideration that the Haven has a higher DSC and that the butler and concierge aren't included in that DSC. (B2B doubles the usual)

For the improved service, lack of chaos (Haven pool/sun decks/priority boarding, etc.) and the Haven restaurant plus the aforementioned butler and concierge and all that goes with it, the Haven is worth it.

I'm going back on Escape in the Haven next year, fwiw.

Thank you. I read your review and really enjoyed your experience, particularly with regards to The Haven. It's still too early for me to call but they do have quite a few Spa and H5 suites on deck 17 and 18.

Thank you. I read your review and really enjoyed your experience, particularly with regards to The Haven. It's still too early for me to call but they do have quite a few Spa and H5 suites on deck 17 and 18.

If you do decide on an H5, take one on deck 17. Often the cabins on deck 18 experience the deck chairs above being scraped and moved around early in the morning. If you're a light sleeper, that will definitely bother you.

Tracy

I would take the Havens room. We were in an H7 two weeks ago and had a wonderful time.

One of our favorite suites. I love the H7. No way would I take a spa suite or H5 over this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Zabetty

I felt the same way. If I'd known it was a question about the Haven, i would not have clicked on the thread.

Yet you took the time to post a comment in a thread that you "would not have clicked on" :confused::rolleyes::confused: