Disembarkation tips

Anything special I need to know about disembarkation? We are in no hurry to get off for a flight or anything. I think I have read we will need to be off by by 9. Planned on grabbing breakfast before we get off.

You will get a flyer entitled "As You Depart" the day before you leave the ship with all the details about disembarkation. It will tell you the hours and venues for breakfast, and the public lounge you should wait in until your luggage tag is called. It would be good to be out of your stateroom by 8:30am so the stateroom people can get it ready for the next cruise.

You will get a flyer entitled "As You Depart" the day before you leave the ship with all the details about disembarkation. It will tell you the hours and venues for breakfast, and the public lounge you should wait in until your luggage tag is called. It would be good to be out of your stateroom by 8:30am so the stateroom people can get it ready for the next cruise.

Just what I needed to know. Thanks!

Planned on grabbing breakfast before we get off.

Yes, breakfast is available except for Room Service. You can head to the Windjammer buffet (which will be very crowded because many passengers bring their luggage with them to the table), or go to the dining room (we did this once on a back-to-back and it was quite leisurely and nice, actually). Check the printed Cruise Compass for breakfast hours because venues close earlier than they did during your cruise.

Have fun. :)

Do you get the tag number depending on your departing flight time?

Our experience is that this does not always happen all the time. I would visit Guest Services mid-cruise and request tags for a specific time if you need that.

Anything special I need to know about disembarkation? We are in no hurry to get off for a flight or anything. I think I have read we will need to be off by by 9. Planned on grabbing breakfast before we get off.

Here's what I do: Pack everything up the morning we are leaving. Grab all the bags. Try to head off the ship as soon as we can (based on the time they give you). The end.

Self assist is the way to go.

• 2 months later...
Here is a link to the Oasis 'As You Depart' brochure from last month.

http://scfloaters.info/20160430Oasis/CompassPlanner/AsYouDepart.pdf

I just want to clarify something. If we want to "self disembark," then we would not put our bags outside our room the night before we dock. We would just keep our bags in our room, then take all our luggage with us when we leave and get through customs.

Do I understand that correctly?

In the past we have put our bags outside our room and then found them in the customs area, etc.

But we are going to be on the Oasis in December and the day we dock we are going to WDW. So I would like to get off the boat as early as possible, get through customs, and get to the auto rental desk so we can drive to Orlando straight away.

I just want to make sure we do the right thing the night before.

Thank you.

I just want to clarify something. If we want to "self disembark," then we would not put our bags outside our room the night before we dock. We would just keep our bags in our room, then take all our luggage with us when we leave and get through customs.

Do I understand that correctly?...

Yes, you've got it right.

Do I understand that correctly?

In the past we have put our bags outside our room and then found them in the customs area, etc.

But we are going to be on the Oasis in December and the day we dock we are going to WDW. So I would like to get off the boat as early as possible, get through customs, and get to the auto rental desk so we can drive to Orlando straight away.

I just want to make sure we do the right thing the night before.

Thank you.

Yep!

Look at the time the MDR is open on the final day; go there for a nice final breakfast, then find a place to sit out of the way; usually the pool deck is nice. You can walk off between 9:30 - 10:00 without being in any lines or long waits, but not so late that they are looking for you. We do the same thing since we aren't rushing for a flight and don't need to fight the lines.

Once you get your luggage tags with the departure time, you can go to Guest Services and ask for later ones, they usually are available. That can be helpful. On our last Oasis cruise we didn't bother to that, but we were in a situation where we had a later flight (2pm), but it wasn't late enough to do any official post cruise excursions. We kept our original luggage tags, but got off the ship with one of the later groups. It caused us a minor inconvenience there as they routed people to where that group's luggage was supposed to be and it was across the building from where ours was. They were really effiecient, but we messed up the process a little (no big deal, the terminal people were use to it)