Recent AOS Diamond Club cruisers: Question...

Hi guys- I was on the Adventure Of The Seas last Nov, and may go again Nov. 2017 ( I am booked 11/25 but that may change)..My wife & I hung out in the Diamond Lounge a lot..question for Diamond Clubbers: What is happening with allowing people who are NOT Diamond coming in with you? RCI used to be pretty lenient with this policy,and often another couple, who is NOT DL could walk in right behind you, but last 3-4 years they have started to crack down on letting NON DL passengers go in..I may be traveling with my sister-in-law & hubby next year and RCI not letting them go in would be a problem ...she's coming all the way from Peru, and if she's not allowed in..well, you can imagine the doghouse I'd be in, lol....

Big Al

The DL is for Diamond level and above and you would put the concierge, bar servers, and yourself in an awkward position by bringing in those who are not eligible.

You will have 3 drink vouchers per evening you could use at any bar, where you can spend time with your guests without someone coming by and asking them to leave.

Hi guys- I was on the Adventure Of The Seas last Nov, and may go again Nov. 2017 ( I am booked 11/25 but that may change)..My wife & I hung out in the Diamond Lounge a lot..question for Diamond Clubbers: What is happening with allowing people who are NOT Diamond coming in with you? RCI used to be pretty lenient with this policy,and often another couple, who is NOT DL could walk in right behind you, but last 3-4 years they have started to crack down on letting NON DL passengers go in..I may be traveling with my sister-in-law & hubby next year and RCI not letting them go in would be a problem ...she's coming all the way from Peru, and if she's not allowed in..well, you can imagine the doghouse I'd be in, lol....

Big Al

The Diamond Lounge is mobbed most all the time. Maybe because they let in friends and family that are not diamond ruining for those that are

Due to the sheer volume of D's on board now, there are lots of complaints that people entitled to access cannot get in and get seats. As Bob stated, the DL and its free drinks are only for those D and above. You have your drinks vouchers if you chose to have your drinks elsewhere.

By November 2017 the situation may be much worse. It would be interesting to see the projected number of Diamonds for then. By that stage the DL may be only for D+'s if some of the rumors on other threads come true, as they are turning most CL's into SL's with no access for D +.

Edited by Spurschick

I am happy that RCI is strict in allowing only those who have earned the perks of the D and CL (or Suite) lounges access. Diamond lounges are generally too crowded as it is. You and your traveling companions should plan on meeting at a lounge or bar elsewhere on the ship where you will be comfortable and you can use your nightly drink vouchers.

...I may be traveling with my sister-in-law & hubby next year and RCI not letting them go in would be a problem ...she's coming all the way from Peru, and if she's not allowed in..well, you can imagine the doghouse I'd be in, lol....

Big Al

One option for avoiding the doghouse would be to treat your guests to an unlimited beverage package.

Big Al

Unfortunately, the Diamond Lounge on all Voyager class ships (like Adventure) is just not big enough to accommodate all the D, D+, and Pinnacle members who legitimately have DL privileges. So...the answer will be NO if you ask to bring non-eligible guests with you to the lounge. This has been true for several years now.

The only time I ever saw an exception made was once on Navigator in 2014. There were two ladies traveling together and sharing a cabin. One was a D+ already. The second one would qualify for D after one night on that very cruise. Though ordinarily you have to wait until your next cruise after you earn your D level to have DL privileges, the Diamond Concierge allowed her to come into the DL with her friend/cabin mate after night 1. I've seen people ask to bring non-eligible friends to the DL on just about every cruise, but that was the only YES answer I've ever seen.

Ahh...but now we need to figure out how to keep you out of the doghouse!;) As others have suggested, you can have drinks with your non-Diamond friends in any bar on the ship instead of the DL. You will be able to use your vouchers (already on your Sea Pass) to get 3 free drinks during the cocktail hour period each evening. That's probably the best way to use your D benefits and still enjoy the cocktail hour with your friends.

Judy

One option for avoiding the doghouse would be to treat your guests to an unlimited beverage package.

Unfortunately, the Diamond Lounge on all Voyager class ships (like Adventure) is just not big enough to accommodate all the D, D+, and Pinnacle members who legitimately have DL privileges. So...the answer will be NO if you ask to bring non-eligible guests with you to the lounge. This has been true for several years now.

The only time I ever saw an exception made was once on Navigator in 2014. There were two ladies traveling together and sharing a cabin. One was a D+ already. The second one would qualify for D after one night on that very cruise. Though ordinarily you have to wait until your next cruise after you earn your D level to have DL privileges, the Diamond Concierge allowed her to come into the DL with her friend/cabin mate after night 1. I've seen people ask to bring non-eligible friends to the DL on just about every cruise, but that was the only YES answer I've ever seen.

Ahh...but now we need to figure out how to keep you out of the doghouse!;) As others have suggested, you can have drinks with your non-Diamond friends in any bar on the ship instead of the DL. You will be able to use your vouchers (already on your Sea Pass) to get 3 free drinks during the cocktail hour period each evening. That's probably the best way to use your D benefits and still enjoy the cocktail hour with your friends.

Judy

I never said I was going to try & sneak them in- Just asking what was the latest trend was..I think I might try that drink package idea, Clarea, thanks...I am not going to leave my latin SIL out by herself w/ hubby while we enjoy the DL..I have learned valuable lessons about that side of the family,lol...

Big Al

P.S. - We were all on the Oasis in 2010, and the concierge let us all in every night..

They have gotten very strict on this - because they've had too. Many ships now have 75-200D+ and 100-300 Diamond Members trying to fit into a lounge that holds 70. The Concierge Lounge on that class of ship has no windows and is quite small so almost all D+ and PC members go upstairs to the Diamond Lounge.

The paperwork delivered to rooms on all ships now explains quite clearly that no guests that aren't Diamond or above can come into the lounge and quite often they are checking cards as people walk in or the Concierges are walking around with the manifest. 5 or 10 years ago, the crowds were much less and they were allowed to make exceptions, but now days it is not the case when people who have earned the status can't even find seats.

I would suggest using your 3 free drinks you can get anywhere on the ship (except dining areas) and meeting them at one of the bars on board for cocktails.