Cheers and Half Moon Cay

kimma11

If we are going on a 5 day cruise to include Half Moon Cay what does the following off Carnival site mean:

(FROM CARNIVAL FAQ)

CHEERS! is not offered on the following:

2-day cruises

Charter cruises

Ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend)

Beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas

If you purchase Cheers, you can't use it at Half Moon Cay. You'll have to pay for your drinks. Also, just as an FYI... you can buy a bucket of beer, but it is the same cost as buying them separate. If you buy a bucket on the ship you save $2, but not in HMC.

If you purchase Cheers, you can't use it at Half Moon Cay. You'll have to pay for your drinks. Also, just as an FYI... you can buy a bucket of beer, but it is the same cost as buying them separate. If you buy a bucket on the ship you save $2, but not in HMC.

So Cheers will work on the island of Grand Turk and Nassua? I assumed we would have to pay for drinks on the islands. We may stay on the boat at Half Moon Cay. We can still use Cheers on the boat though?

So Cheers will work on the island of Grand Turk and Nassua? I assumed we would have to pay for drinks on the islands. We may stay on the boat at Half Moon Cay. We can still use Cheers on the boat though?

No, Cheers is used on the ship only, you cannot use it on Nassau or Grand Turk. The only reason HMC is mentioned is that it is a Carnival private island and some people may assume you can use it there. As long as you are on the ship you can use Cheers anytime up to the 15 daily alcoholic drink limit.

Have you been to Half Moon Cay before? Just my opinion, but I would never stay on the ship there. It is a beautiful place! The lunch that Carnival provides there is excellent. Always a fun place to spend a few hours!

We may stay on the boat at Half Moon Cay.

wait what????

OMG........HMC is the most beautiful beach ever, never thought I'd see the day someone said they would stay on ship while there.

Wow!

I would never stay on the ship at HMC, beautiful beach

Have you been to Half Moon Cay before? Just my opinion, but I would never stay on the ship there. It is a beautiful place! The lunch that Carnival provides there is excellent. Always a fun place to spend a few hours!

Totally agree except on one thing. When we were there (granted this was a few years ago now) when you got lunch, they only offered these teeny tiny cups for the lemonade, tea, etc. I mean TINY. Like less than 8 oz and you had to hike all the way back to where the food and drinks were from where you'd leave your food to sit down because you couldn't carry more than one tiny little cup and a plate of food at once (at least..I couldn't). It was kind of crazypants.

• 1 month later...
No ports honor the cheers program, once you set foot off the ship you have to pay to drink. HMC does include food though unlike most other ports because it's a Carnival island.

Last February we went to Labadee on Celebrity. we had the drink package and all drinks were included there. I am shocked and disappointed we can't use Cheers at HMC. Makes me want to grumble...........

Last February we went to Labadee on Celebrity. we had the drink package and all drinks were included there. I am shocked and disappointed we can't use Cheers at HMC. Makes me want to grumble...........

Yes it is disappointing . You can use the beverage program on NCL for their private island also.

flip answers don't really soothe my soul. I know it is Carnival's rules and I will abide by them. I guess I'm asking WHY the drink packages are not available on their private island. I'm paying per day for the package and I don't think I should have to buy or smuggle a bottle for use on the island. it's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm looking for compassion, not snarkiness

flip answers don't really soothe my soul. I know it is Carnival's rules and I will abide by them. I guess I'm asking WHY the drink packages are not available on their private island. I'm paying per day for the package and I don't think I should have to buy or smuggle a bottle for use on the island. it's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm looking for compassion, not snarkiness

I believe it has something to do with the purchasing system on HMC not being fully integrated/linked to the ship's system. They can't track in real time your drink purchases on HMC. Anyways, I agree with you. It is a cheap cop out. They could figure out a way to do it if they wanted to.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

My last trip to HMC (3 years ago), I took beer off the ship in my Carnival cooler. Was I not allowed to? I didn't try to sneak it and no one even looked in my cooler. Planning on doing that again next month. :eek:

I believe it has something to do with the purchasing system on HMC not being fully integrated/linked to the ship's system. They can't track in real time your drink purchases on HMC. Anyways, I agree with you. It is a cheap cop out. They could figure out a way to do it if they wanted to.

True, that is the "explanation" they give. It loses credibility when at least three other mass market lines have been able to do so for some time.

True, that is the "explanation" they give. It loses credibility when at least three other mass market lines have been able to do so for some time.

I wonder if it's because Carnival has a limit of drinks per day while the others are unlimited?