AIBP pricing.

We're on the Sun at the moment.

Prior to boarding the cruise personaliser had the price listed at $73. I purchased mine onboard for $59.

Just thought I'd share this info.

G'day Bof

Hmmm that is interesting mine atm is showing AU$64.90 per person, per day. :confused:

Cheers r

:cool:

I wish Princess would fix that bug in their online software. I'm not exactly sure what it tries to do, I think it tries to apply the US exchange rate to the AU price.

Rabbitoh_777, did you book your cruise some time last year? At that time Princess were offering a exchange rate of .90 AUD to USD, and that's pretty much what $59 would come to with that exchange rate applied to it.

The exchange rate for the online price Bofman mentioned looks like it's .80, the current rate from Princess.

Apparently Princess do refund the difference when you board.

It also affects the OBC price. My personalizer is offering OBC at $125 - but I'm doing an AUD cruise. Although it doesn't show how much OBC that buys, typically it's $100 in the currency used onboard your cruise. So do they want me to pay AU $125 for AU $100 OBC? :confused::confused::eek:

OK, it's not an issue for me as I don't bother buying OBC on AUD cruises, but apparently there is a similar problem for someone in the UK who wants to buy AU OBC for a couple of cruises s/he is doing, and they can't get a straight answer from Princess.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I wish Princess would fix that bug in their online software. I'm not exactly sure what it tries to do, I think it tries to apply the US exchange rate to the AU price.

Rabbitoh_777, did you book your cruise some time last year? At that time Princess were offering a exchange rate of .90 AUD to USD, and that's pretty much what $59 would come to with that exchange rate applied to it.

The exchange rate for the online price Bofman mentioned looks like it's .80, the current rate from Princess.

Apparently Princess do refund the difference when you board.

It also affects the OBC price. My personalizer is offering OBC at $125 - but I'm doing an AUD cruise. Although it doesn't show how much OBC that buys, typically it's $100 in the currency used onboard your cruise. So do they want me to pay AU $125 for AU $100 OBC? :confused: :eek:

OK, it's not an issue for me as I don't bother buying OBC on AUD cruises, but apparently there is a similar problem for someone in the UK who wants to buy AU OBC for a couple of cruises s/he is doing, and they can't get a straight answer from Princess.

G'day OzKiwiJJ

Ah ok... although it was booked back in Oct. 2014 when our Aussie dollar was on or near $1.07 USD from memory :confused:

God knows what Princess were offering rate wise then, that is a confuzzlement! :D

Typical Sea - Witch shenanigans, I guess. :mad:

Thanks anyway.

Cheers r

G'day OzKiwiJJ

Ah ok... although it was booked back in Oct. 2014 when our Aussie dollar was on or near $1.07 USD from memory :confused:

God knows what Princess were offering rate wise then, that is a confuzzlement! :D

Typical Sea - Witch shenanigans, I guess. :mad:

Thanks anyway.

Cheers r

According to the graph on my currency app the AUD was dropping then so the .90 rate may be right. Just out of curiousity what do you see OBC at?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

According to the graph on my currency app the AUD was dropping then so the .90 rate may be right.

Just out of curiousity what do you see OBC at?

Yes you're right my mistake, got that timing mixed up with yet another previous cruise.

OBC are $1,700.00

Cheers r

Yes you're right my mistake, got that timing mixed up with yet another previous cruise.

OBC are $1,700.00

Cheers r

I meant what price does it show to buy OBC. There are usually three amounts - the bottom one should be either $125 or $110.

I meant what price does it show to buy OBC. There are usually three amounts - the bottom one should be either $125 or $110.

Doh, Lol... :D $110.00

The other two amounts are AU$27.50 & AU$55.00.

Cheers r

We're on the Sun at the moment. Prior to boarding the cruise personaliser had the price listed at $73. I purchased mine onboard for $59. Just thought I'd share this info.

Cheers, I wonder what it will be for the Golden in November.?

Doh, Lol... :D $110.00

The other two amounts are AU$27.50 & AU$55.00.

Cheers r

So you qualify for the amazing .90 exchange rate, which is totally irrelevant if you are doing a AUD cruise. However it was very useful for our recent cruise which was USD onboard. ;)

From what I've gleaned from various posts here, Princess set the exchange rate once a year, sometime in November possibly. If you booked your cruise before the change you get the previous exchange rate, otherwise you get the new exchange rate, and so on. I guess sometimes you win (like we did) and maybe sometimes you lose, if the AUD decides to take a leap upwards.

$59, I suspect.

It's been $59 ever since they introduced it.

Is that AUD59 seeing as the Golden is in AUD?

Yes we have been on the Golden before but didn't bother with the drinks package, just wanted clarification.

Edited by MargoK

The $64.90 price is if you buy it from your personaliser and it includes GST!

Buy it onboard and it is GST free, or if pre purchased you get refuded the GST.

There's only been a million posts on this subject but many people aren't familiar with the search function of a forum, so I suppose they will continue.

There's only been a million posts on this subject but many people aren't familiar with the search function of a forum, so I suppose they will continue.

Cheers. I suppose you are right.:D

Except I don't think it is GST, Russell21. The price varies too much. It looked like GST at the time Princess were offering the .90 exchange rate for USD OBC - essentially it's the same conversion. However both Bofman and I are seeing $73.75 which is way too high for GST, but fits in with Princess' current exchange rate of .80 for USD OBC. That's why I think their software thinks the base price is USD (instead of AUD) and is "converting" it to AUD. I really, really wish they'd fix that bug! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by OzKiwiJJ