Latest offer

Grandma Cruising

The new offer of buy one, get 2nd passenger at 50% looks a good offer, BUT the cruises included are different in the UK and US - a lot fewer on offer in the UK.

We are interested in the Athens to Dubai cruise on the Journey at the end of October 2017. It's not included on the UK site.

Today Azamara tweeted a link to the promotion, which I followed. I didn't realise I was on the US site, so was delighted to see that cruise on the list of cruises eligible for the promotion. I followed the link through, saw the price in GBP and started to book, but realised when I saw the final price that no 50% showed.

Going back through the site I realised what had happened, the Twitter link was to the US site, but the booking page for the cruise was on the UK site.

Rang the booking number to query this, but got nowhere - told to ring back on Monday when a supervisor would be available.

Seems to me to be very unfair for this promotion to be applied to different cruises in different counties.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The new offer of buy one, get 2nd passenger at 50% looks a good offer, BUT the cruises included are different in the UK and US - a lot fewer on offer in the UK.

We are interested in the Athens to Dubai cruise on the Journey at the end of October 2017. It's not included on the UK site.

Today Azamara tweeted a link to the promotion, which I followed. I didn't realise I was on the US site, so was delighted to see that cruise on the list of cruises eligible for the promotion. I followed the link through, saw the price in GBP and started to book, but realised when I saw the final price that no 50% showed.

Going back through the site I realised what had happened, the Twitter link was to the US site, but the booking page for the cruise was on the UK site.

Rang the booking number to query this, but got nowhere - told to ring back on Monday when a supervisor would be available.

Seems to me to be very unfair for this promotion to be applied to different cruises in different counties.

Why not book with a US travel agent?

We have our eye on a Feb 2017 cruise but it is a bit pricey. Ok, very pricey so we have been watching for a BOGOHO sale. Was so excited when I saw the email announcing the sale. We contacted our TA and very, very disappointed. Gee, the price has suddenly increased so that the BOGOHO sale only saves us a very small amount over the price of a week ago. I'm assuming this cruise, in the category we are interested in, is selling well because the price of the cruise that we have booked with our earned free nights later in the year did not increase and the BOGOHO sale would be a nice saving. I'm going to have a hard time convincing DH to continue to look at Azamara. He has been so frustrated with Miami on so many issues but we do so love our onboard experience.

I had booked a cruise months ago which was eligible for this promo. I was able to upgrade from a V2 to an N2 and still saved hundreds of dollars. My only gripe is that I found out about this while checking Azamara's website for deals. I have repeatedly signed up for emails from Azamara, yet never receive them. While I'm extremely excited and happy to have the upgrade, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to advertise to those who are begging to know about their specials.

We have our eye on a Feb 2017 cruise but it is a bit pricey. Ok, very pricey so we have been watching for a BOGOHO sale. Was so excited when I saw the email announcing the sale. We contacted our TA and very, very disappointed. Gee, the price has suddenly increased so that the BOGOHO sale only saves us a very small amount over the price of a week ago. I'm assuming this cruise, in the category we are interested in, is selling well because the price of the cruise that we have booked with our earned free nights later in the year did not increase and the BOGOHO sale would be a nice saving. I'm going to have a hard time convincing DH to continue to look at Azamara. He has been so frustrated with Miami on so many issues but we do so love our onboard experience.

Beware that the price one week ago was the Stateroom upgrade offer and the price now is the BOGOHO offer. If the price now is only slightly less than a week ago it is still cheaper than the last offer they were running.

This happened when they started the Stateroom upgrade offer as well. Just wait a bit and I think it will sort itself out. At least your TA should make it happen.

Checked the offer and that cruise is available in Norwegian as well,- IMO it is just an error in Azamara web pages.

Edited by oddjob16

Beware that the price one week ago was the Stateroom upgrade offer and the price now is the BOGOHO offer. If the price now is only slightly less than a week ago it is still cheaper than the last offer they were running.

We have been watching a Club Continent Suite which was not covered in the previous sale so price definitely jumped.

We have worked out for us here in Australia that the double upgrade offers represent about an 18% savings, where as the BOGOHO ones offer at 25% saving. We've just reserved Panama Canal for February 2017 as availability is becoming an issue. The offers we get here in Australia are often different to others, but we're glad to say it was still cheaper than booking onboard.

This happened when they started the Stateroom upgrade offer as well. Just wait a bit and I think it will sort itself out. At least your TA should make it happen.

Checked the offer and that cruise is available in Norwegian as well,- IMO it is just an error in Azamara web pages.

Just checked all the different country sites - the offer is available everywhere in Europe except UK and Ireland! I think I will email Richard Twynham about it.

We saved $2450 on our cruise next May on Quest.

Did you really? We booked an AZ Journey cruise for April 2017 a few weeks ago. It's now on offer at 50% off for the second passenger. :mad:

But guess what - they put up the price for the "first passenger" so much, it works out we got a better bargain. We still paid less for two than #1 + 50% off #2! :D

Just checked all the different country sites - the offer is available everywhere in Europe except UK and Ireland! I think I will email Richard Twynham about it.

I'm afraid you'll get the same answer I got when I complained in March or April (can't remember) about a similar matter: A cruise I was interested in had a much better offer for the UK - I could have booked a balcony for less than I had to pay for an oceanview and oceanviews in the UK were less than an inside in the rest of Europe.

Finally - still grumbling - I bit the bullet and booked the cruise anyway. And when I entered the ship everything was forgotten and we enjoyed ourselves immensely!

By the way, the answer I got from both the German and the Miami headquarters is the most unconvincing I have ever heard: " Different promotions for different countries are usual". A bit later the statement proved to be true when the cruises following ours were offered at special prices plus free flights included.... :eek: Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

We certainly lost money but we won new friends and had another amazing Azamara experience!