Email for Luggage Tags

graciekelli

Thanks for the reply Bonnie. No, I am certainly using a great TA and only asking questions of you when I see conflicting information on CC. Know I will get documents from my TA but, the luggage tags stories on CC have been extremely confusing and conflicting depending on peoples location.

Have been reading this board for almost two years since we booked our Norwegian Fjords cruise and until this thread the only mention of luggage tags was from UK residents who described a link becoming available on the Azamara website where they could order the tags and then that while they could order tags, they were no longer available.

Thought this was over and above anything my TA would send and recently was looking for that link on my Azamara account. Then this thread popped up with comments that the OP had received a direct e-mail from Azamara to order their luggage tags and information about ticking a box on line like the UK people do as well as information regarding documents, etc. Lots of conflicting posts from different people, some of which without home locations and have contacted my TA who confirmed that it seems that every Azamara booking seems to have final documents processed differently.

Simply thought that you being a direct link between Azamara and CC may people as well a myself would benefit from a posting from you describing the document and luggage tag process as it works in different countries so they can be aware of what to expect as they get close to their cruise as there appears to be nothing on the Azamara website covering this. Did go to your link and it was basically a phone customer service in Guatemala and reports have been less than satisfactory by phoning that number.

Very much looking forward to our cruise and should nothing arrive, still have my printed Xpress passes and can get tags where we drop off our luggage.

Thanks,

Well said, Dave. I await the process later this summer. I presume after I've "checked in" and stuff like that. I've been told by my TA's office that we should just print our own, although having them sent by mail would be good, since presumably they are printed on cardboard instead of paper. I'm not going out and buying special card stock for my printer.

-----presumably they are printed on cardboard instead of paper.

You peel a protective paper off, then fold and stick both sections to each other- they are tacky backed. I Never feel they are indestructible, I don't put mine on the luggage until we are ready to leave for the ship.

Thanks for the reply Bonnie. No, I am certainly using a great TA and only asking questions of you when I see conflicting information on CC. Know I will get documents from my TA but, the luggage tags stories on CC have been extremely confusing and conflicting depending on peoples location.

Have been reading this board for almost two years since we booked our Norwegian Fjords cruise and until this thread the only mention of luggage tags was from UK residents who described a link becoming available on the Azamara website where they could order the tags and then that while they could order tags, they were no longer available.

Thought this was over and above anything my TA would send and recently was looking for that link on my Azamara account. Then this thread popped up with comments that the OP had received a direct e-mail from Azamara to order their luggage tags and information about ticking a box on line like the UK people do as well as information regarding documents, etc. Lots of conflicting posts from different people, some of which without home locations and have contacted my TA who confirmed that it seems that every Azamara booking seems to have final documents processed differently.

Simply thought that you being a direct link between Azamara and CC may people as well a myself would benefit from a posting from you describing the document and luggage tag process as it works in different countries so they can be aware of what to expect as they get close to their cruise as there appears to be nothing on the Azamara website covering this. Did go to your link and it was basically a phone customer service in Guatemala and reports have been less than satisfactory by phoning that number.

Very much looking forward to our cruise and should nothing arrive, still have my printed Xpress passes and can get tags where we drop off our luggage.

Thanks,

To the best of my knowledge the US is the only market still mailing out luggage tags, and I believe only if requested. All others are digital. I will do a bit of research and see what I can find out about the intl markets.

As for e-luggage tags, most travel professionals will print them out for their clients, or at least to my way of thinking they should. Final documents represent one of those 'touch points' where they should be answering all your questions, and finalizing any remaining elements of your trip that may be pending, such as tours, show tickets, dinner reservations ashore...or whatever will make your vacation perfect.

This is why I assumed you were not using a travel agent and sent you our customer service contact information; who are excellent IMO.

To the best of my knowledge the US is the only market still mailing out luggage tags, and I believe only if requested. All others are digital. I will do a bit of research and see what I can find out about the intl markets.

As for e-luggage tags, most travel professionals will print them out for their clients, or at least to my way of thinking they should. Final documents represent one of those 'touch points' where they should be answering all your questions, and finalizing any remaining elements of your trip that may be pending, such as tours, show tickets, dinner reservations ashore...or whatever will make your vacation perfect.

This is why I assumed you were not using a travel agent and sent you our customer service contact information; who are excellent IMO.

UK travel professionals generally deliver a different service to those elsewhere and would not see it in their role to print out labels.

U think that is why most UK guests are realising its DIY which works well. Just need to get the website to stop the unwary believing if you click on a button tags will still be mailed to you

• 2 weeks later...

As macmax points out, the Canadian market also provides this service.

I would suggest if Bonnie takes on board the suggestion to publish the guidance information about documents being asked for on the other thread that the confused position in some countries re labels is included in that

I know I am printing my own in the UK , I have no problem with that, I have had my Amazon see through holders for a year now and they have worked perfectly.