New itinerary, which do you prefer?

We are currently deciding on either a Western Caribbean on Liberty out of Galveston going to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel vs an Eastern Caribbean on Oasis out of Port Canaveral going to Nassau, St Thomas, and St Maarten.

We have never been to Roatan/Belize or Nassau/St Thomas, which do you prefer between these ports and why?

Edited by Cam Dizzle

Can you mention what you like to do on excursions?

For example, I liked Belize. We took a tour of Altun Ha [Mayan ruin]. We are history buffs so this was a bucket list tour for us. Others may not be interested in this at all. . . . It is a tender port and I do not like to tender because it takes some of my port time.

I have been to Nassau and St Thomas too many times to get excited about that anymore. . . . but, we like to go to St John from St Thomas.

If you will go to the ports of call message boards you can read many reviews of these ports.

Have a good cruise!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

We are currently deciding on either a Western Caribbean on Liberty out of Galveston going to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel vs an Eastern Caribbean on Oasis out of Port Canaveral going to Nassau, St Thomas, and St Maarten.

We have never been to Roatan/Belize or Nassau/St Thomas, which do you prefer between these ports and why?

I would choose The Oasis if the price is comparable to Liberty.

I would choose the western for two reasons. One, I've never been to Rotan so I would like to see it. Two, we enjoyed both Belize and Cozumel when we were there. Okay three reasons, I have no interest in sailing on the Behemoth (Oasis) of the Seas.

We will be 2 adults and 2 children (1.5 and 4 years old). Currently on Liberty we have connection rooms with the wife's family for ease of naps and getting ready, but on Oasis that room setup would not be possible since there are no quad-trips or quad-quads available.

Edited by Cam Dizzle

If you are history buffs you might want to go to Cozumel Mexico and take the Tulum Mayan Ruins Excursion which I thought was fantastic. A 6.5 hour tour and $109 pp, but well worth it in my opinon

Any itinerary which ends on two sea days instead of begins on two sea days we prefer.

It's good to have the sea days to wind down.

Neither itinerary ends with consecutive sea days....that would be nice!

Which is which?

St Thomas itinerary for nice beaches.....The other would be for history. Been to Cozumel many times. Belize we did the Altun Ha/River Wallace...We couldn't dock in Roatan because the water was too rough...even though we saw others did :mad:

When we go to St Thomas, we usually like to go over to St John via catamaran or other type of boat transportation. Such beautiful beaches! You can also stay with nice ones as well. St Maarten we love to sail there.

We did the Oasis a yr ago and did that same itinerary. Getting ready to go on the Allure since we loved that class so much. I personally would rather go out of PC.

Our next cruise is eastern because for one St Martin is a must for my husband but also the ports have some nice excursions that can include my two special needs kids 6&9 at time of sailing. Or ones that I know would keep their interest for more than 30 minutes.