Excursions sold out on day 1

Wendy - just saw your post from a while ago........ we are on the Lisbon to Miami crossing as well as the Rome to Miami and Miami to Barcelona crossings on the Explorer. The pricing on these crossings was lower than most Regent cruises and we have been to just about everywhere on our bucket list and enjoy being on the ship.

Chatkat - Glad that you found another cruise line since Regent obviously wasn't "doing it" for you. It is far better to find a cruise line that you enjoy rather than complaining and/or being upset with Regent.

TC, unfortunately that particular crossing is not in the cards for us. We've recently booked another PG trip in that timeframe. And until we have done our January Mariner trip, we're not going whole-hog back to Regent. Then perhaps we'll consider an Explorer trip.

And yes, it's great the Kathy has found another cruise line she likes. As I said, I doubt I could drag David back on another Oceania cuise--the ambience was so different, can't explain it. We're kind of hoping we'll find a new home on Azamara, although their itineraries are pretty limited. But then mostly we cruise for the ships, or to get somewhere, not for the ports. For in-depth travel, we'd rather do it another way.

flossie, don't remember Regent ever having an on line waitlist option, at least in the US. Seem to remember people had to phone Regent to be waitlisted.

The facility, for us in the UK, was certainly available in the 'My Account' section of the website up to May 2015

Now we have to call the Regent office if an excursion is sold-out

We have waitlisted online many times. The only thing that you can't do online is cancel an excursion. There has been a lot of work going on with the website lately. It will be interesting to see how it is when they are done. I would like to have the ability to cancel and/or change excursions online - the same as you can do with dining reservations.

• 2 weeks later...
flossie, don't remember Regent ever having an on line waitlist option, at least in the US. Seem to remember people had to phone Regent to be waitlisted.

I used to be able to wait list on the web page but not this time. And Cabo is still full????? If it was Acapulco I'd understand that perhaps they were not going to stop, but Cabo?

TC, unfortunately that particular crossing is not in the cards for us. We've recently booked another PG trip in that timeframe. And until we have done our January Mariner trip, we're not going whole-hog back to Regent. Then perhaps we'll consider an Explorer trip.

And yes, it's great the Kathy has found another cruise line she likes. As I said, I doubt I could drag David back on another Oceania cuise--the ambience was so different, can't explain it. We're kind of hoping we'll find a new home on Azamara, although their itineraries are pretty limited. But then mostly we cruise for the ships, or to get somewhere, not for the ports. For in-depth travel, we'd rather do it another way.

I read this and the person you quoted.. i am a top loyal AZ person and trying Oceania and Regent again for the first time in 5 years as far as booking out ahead. I am finding the ports are getting to much of the same. oceania is Tahiti to sydney just Tahiti. Regent all of S America. . i see more going from hotel to hotel but i do get sick of packing or unpacking and come home more tired.