Lost Bag-No eDocs-What to do??

nrthrngal

Hi All,

We sail today (yay!) on the Escape and have hit a snag! The bag with our edocs and luggage tags didn't make it to Miami from Toronto and I can't access them online to reprint....anyone know what to do? Huge thanks in advance.

Hi All,

We sail today (yay!) on the Escape and have hit a snag! The bag with our edocs and luggage tags didn't make it to Miami from Toronto and I can't access them online to reprint....anyone know what to do? Huge thanks in advance.

The security at the door of the terminal will direct you to the security desk right inside for verification of your reservation. No problem.

Lost bag and 2 sea days before your next port is problematic.

The security at the door of the terminal will direct you to the security desk right inside for verification of your reservation. No problem.

Lost bag and 2 sea days before your next port is problematic.

Thank you! Luckily it was just a smaller bag but of course had the paperwork in it. It was the luggage tags that really worried me since I've always just dropped the bags off ASAP.

Thank you! Luckily it was just a smaller bag but of course had the paperwork in it. It was the luggage tags that really worried me since I've always just dropped the bags off ASAP.

And the dock porters will put luggage tags on for you.

Reassurance: I always wait to get the luggage tags from the porters - because I worry that my paper luggage tag is not as robust as the ones that the porters have. You will have to be able to tell them your cabin number. If not you will have to wait until you have checked with security as BirdTravels told you.

I hope that your bag is located and that you manage to catch up with it somehow.

Have a lovely cruise.

If you have smartphone access to your email, provide the NCL Confirmation # (ours was 8 digits) to those at the pier check-in/security - it was a PDF file (we always keep an offline copy just in case email access is not possible).

With that and positive government ID/passport, they should allow you to proceed thru security screening and then the same CN # is all the check-in agent at the counters need to do the rest.

As others said, porter have tags & will hand-write your stateroom #'s - the NCL EDocs or PDF will have your stateroom #.

Getting reunited with your lost bag is a bit more challenging, usually airlines can trace & inform you the airport/whereabouts and how it's getting routed to your destination airport ... and typically deliver to the hotel/address you give them. Forwarding to a foreign port, that would be a bit more ... challenging & might be at your expenses, unless they/partner carrier have flights to the ports.

Otherwise, ask if the airline to provide you with an allowance for any essentials (toiletry items ... sometimes, they will give you their F/J traveler's kit instead & even PJ's) and/or buy them before boarding the ship ("gift" shop onboard these days don't stock much, if anything) & keep your receipts - even if have travel insurance to make your claims.

Good luck !

Edited by mking8288

Hope you get the lost bag soon.

Let it be a lesson learned: do not put paperwork in checked luggage. Put it in the carry-on. Always, especially if the paperwork contain hotel ressies, eTickets, cruise eDocs, car rental, excursion tickets, etc. When lost you don't know or remember the ressie #s, pick-up dates/times and where, hotel address, etc.

We travel a lot and would be LOST if we put the paperwork in checked bag and it gets lost.

Hopefully you are able to get by without the paperwork.

ENJOY! We wish we're on the Escape now!

One more thing, I type out our itinerary in Word Doc - flights, hotels, ship, ship itinerary, contact email addresses and numbers, etc. We print out several copies and insert one in side pocket of each bag. On my PC there is a folder holding all the itineraries from the last 15 years and it's fun for us to go thru them and think of the wonderful times we have had.

Edited by bluesea777

Hi All,

Not an issue. You really do not need to ever bring them, it just makes it a little easier.

We cruised 5/21-5/28 on MSC. Jet Blue lost one of our suitcases from Boston to FLL. They promised it would meet us in Nassau the next day. However, it did not make it to the ship until Tuesday evening in San Juan. They told us to buy what we needed, even clothes for formal night, but there wasn't 1 thing on that ship appropriate for a 70 and 63 year old! Waiting for Jet Blue to get back to us regarding our claim:(