Wow Bands on the Oasis

Will be going out on the August 13th cruise aboard the Oasis. I've been seeing much in regards to the Wow Bands that RCI has.

Are these bands available on all their ships, or just certain ones? Do they have them on the Oasis?

Will someone please explain "wow" bands? Will be going on HOTS in Nov. and have no clue what these are and what their use is.

Essentially it is your sea pass card in the form of a band. It can open your stateroom, you make charges with it, and do everything your Seapass card can do. The WOW bands are $5 per band, unless you are staying in a suite where they are complimentary.

Edited by tnblomdahl

Essentially it is your sea pass card in the form of a band. It can open your stateroom, you make charges with it, and do everything your Seapass card can do. The WOW bands are $5 per band, unless you are staying in a suite where they are complimentary.

Except get you off the ship at the ports. You still need your Seapass card for that.

So, if I understand correctly, you can pay $5 for a band that does almost(but not quite) the same thing your seapass card does. Why?

So you can wear your card on your wrist and not a lanyard.

I think that for kids and those adults that are into certain activities where wearing this is easier than carrying a Seapass on board then it's great, for a lot of people maybe there is no advantage.

Will be going out on the August 13th cruise aboard the Oasis. I've been seeing much in regards to the Wow Bands that RCI has.

Are these bands available on all their ships, or just certain ones? Do they have them on the Oasis?

Great question! I was wondering too! And I am traveling on the same trip as you! Good to know which ships have them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only Quantum Class ships and Harmony of the Seas do have RFID to open your cabin door, purchase something onboard, check-in/out. Also for shows and muster drill.

The SeaPass card has a RFID chip built in so does the WOW-Band. The WOW-Band can be worn like a watch on your arm. It´s pretty convenient for activities where you don´t know where to put your card - like at the pool or in the fitness center. Also for kids it´s easier to wear and harder to lose.

Nice gadget but not a must. Reports are that you can reprogram an old WOW-band which you received/purchased on another ship at guest services. JS and up do receive them for free. All others have to buy them for 4.99 USD.

steamboats

Reports are that you can reprogram an old WOW-band which you received/purchased on another ship at guest services.

More likely they will exchange for a new one since your muster station (the only thing printed on it) on your old WOW band is not correct for your current sailing.

Biker, who perhaps should have held onto those WOW bands from Quantum (when everyone got them free).

So, if I understand correctly, you can pay $5 for a band that does almost(but not quite) the same thing your seapass card does. Why?

They were complimentary to PC Members on Anthem when we did our cruises in April.

Convenience.

Edited by cruisenfever

More likely they will exchange for a new one since your muster station (the only thing printed on it) on your old WOW band is not correct for your current sailing.

Biker, who perhaps should have held onto those WOW bands from Quantum (when everyone got them free).

I don´t mind if they exchange them for new ones :D! But I don´t want the yellow or blue ones. Got two black and two white. The ones from Quantum have the muster station printed on, the ones from Anthem don´t have anything printed on.

steamboats

I wonder if you can pay for things using your wow band too.

Yes, though in some cases it's a bit awkward. Like at a bar your wrist with the WOW band needs to reach the point of sale machine or you have to take it off and give it to the bartender.

Patti, thanks for the info. I can't wear bracelets or watches because my arms bruise so easily. So I probably won't use a wrist band regardless if it is complimentary. But I guess my husband might. No lanyards for us: pockets work just fine. I can see these bands would be great for kids, however.