Another RC diamond tries MSC

tigercruiser

If they are "one and done" then what difference would it make to you? It opens up MSC to a whole different set of potential $$ paying customers, many of which would not have considered sailing with them.

We were status matched and hope, after our Sept cruise, that we are repeat customers...we'll see.

I really would love to see what would happen on Celebrity board if X would do same. :p

I really would love to see what would happen on Celebrity board if X would do same. :p

I remember when they first matched status with Royal Caribbean. I expected howls of protest .... but there really wasn't any bad feedback.

Have to agree with you GOLDEN!!!! We don't sail MSC for the Voyager Club perks,,we sail MSC because it's the cruise line that we have always enjoyed sailing. Like so many other MSC loyalists,,we weren't happy with the status match program and as a result some great posters have left this board and the MSC brand all together because of it. I would love to see how many status match pax actually book a 2nd sailing onboard an MSC ship after their first sailing,,,I'll have to say very low,,,most are one and done,,and now you have to ask yourself,,was the status match worth alienating your most loyal passengers?? :rolleyes:

Well said, Mike!

Cruise Lines aren't interested in the loyal passengers any longer,,,they want the new pax who will spend money on pictures,,excursions,,specialty dining,,drink packages,,etc.,that's why there is such an emphasis on trying to attract the millennials.

Exactly! Not only will millennial buy more, they are more likely to live longer to cruise more. HAL invented carnival to capture the younger generations of cruisers becAuse their clientele was aging. It's all cyclical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk