Cpap

TVMet

So if no water is allowed now, how do I bring distilled water onboard? Have a smaller bottle of sealed distilled water I found. Leaving from Canaveral on Magic on Saturday. :)

I think you are supposed to call a week or more in advance, but you can go ahead and call Carnival Special Needs department and request distilled water and an extension cord. https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

"If you need general information about accessibility before you cruise, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70025 or email specialneeds@carnival.com"

We have done this several times and the supplies were waiting in our cabin when we arrived.

My wife has used a Cpap machine during the last several cruises using the water on the ship with no ill effects. Note that the ship produces it's own water while at sea and it is a distilling process so that water is distilled. They may purchase water while in port which may not be distilled and that water might be mixed with the distilled processed water. Again, there should be no problems using the ship's water for a week or two. When we return home, my wife reverts back to the distilled water for the Cpap machine.

What everyone says is true; however, if you insist on carrying on distilled water (rather than the options above), you can. I, personally, don't see it worth the trouble to save $2.

From Carnival's website:

Distilled Water

Guests may bring on board distilled water for use with a CPAP machine or nursery water for families with babies and packed in carry-on luggage.Distilled water may also be purchased onboard at $3.00 USD per gallon by contacting Room Service. The CPAP machine must be packed in carry-on luggage.