Bahia Mar Development Update!

BlueHerons

For now, it looks like it is dead in the water.

Several of the VERY wealthy neighborhoods including Idlewyld and Habor Beach have hired heavy duty attorneys to fight this. These people have almost unlimited resources to fight this.

No locals want this.

It is a horrible idea for the neighborhood and would cause 24/7 traffic gridlock on A1A.

I suspect something will happen but it will not be two high rise condos and a high rise hotel.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/bahia-mar-developers-withdraw-application-7857620

The Bahia Cabana expansion has also stalled. These two are tied in with each other concerning developing that area.

Edited by BlueHerons

Several of the VERY wealthy neighborhoods including Idlewyld and Habor Beach have hired heavy duty attorneys to fight this. These people have almost unlimited resources to fight this.

No locals want this.

It is a horrible idea for the neighborhood and would cause 24/7 traffic gridlock on A1A.

I suspect something will happen but it will not be two high rise condos and a high rise hotel.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/bahia-mar-developers-withdraw-application-7857620

The Bahia Cabana expansion has also stalled. These two are tied in with each other concerning developing that area.

Blue Herons - thanks for keeping us updated on this proposed project! I dreaded the traffic implications of the original plan so I'm glad cooler heads prevailed. Change is inevitable but this project was overkill.

No locals want this.

I was very happy to read about this as well!

Edited by brunello22

No locals want this.

When I read this morning's Sun Sentinel news that the developers had withdrawn their plans, I heard the collective sigh of relief. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I read this morning's Sun Sentinel news that the developers had withdrawn their plans, I heard the collective sigh of relief. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Yes you did!