Size of Public Health Form ?

janetcbl

Really silly question! I try to do things ahead of time and decided to print off the health forms. I know they can only be filled in three days before sailing. What side are the forms? The one I printed off is 5 1/4" by 8 1/4" ( half the size of a pice of computer paper. After you finish laughing at the crazy question, if you know the answer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!🤔

Yes, it is only 1/2 of a regular sheet of paper. They will hand them out as you arrive at the port while you stand in line.

I agree, just fill it out when you arrive. Do bring a writing implement as many times, there are not very many available to use.

Happy cruising!

The point of filling it out at the port is to verify that at the time of boarding, you are not sick. You sign it and it's handed in. In San Pedro, a rep is at the table where passengers are filling it out, reviews it and puts a mark that it was filled out and signed there.

Edited by Pam in CA

I agree with filling them out BEFORE you get to the port. It difficult enough wheeling a suitcase in one hand, juggling passports & boarding passes while trying to fill out a form that 99% of the people will lie about anyway if they were actually sick.

No one says that the form must be filled out while standing in line. It's just that they don't make them readily available to download at home. If you happen to have a copy at home why not make thing easy on your self?

The form states "Must be completed by ALL persons age 18 and above prior to boarding or visiting the ship. One form per adult."

btw- the size is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.

When our Caribbean Princess cruise was delayed by 24 hours, we were given the forms on the day before check in--they day we should have been checking in --and were told to complete them and bring them back the next day as it would be one less thing we'd have to do then. Of course, on the actual embarkation day they were handing out additional copies.

It takes maybe 1 minute to fill out the form at the pier. They have tables where you can do it. Is there any reason at all to fill it out in advance? Makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

DON

People are spending more time getting the form in advance and then arguing than it takes to fill it out at the pier.

It takes maybe 1 minute to fill out the form at the pier. They have tables where you can do it. Is there any reason at all to fill it out in advance? Makes absolutely no sense at all to me.DON

Gee, 3300 people boarding the ship, two 3' round tables, and they start the day with 10 pens. Do the math, DON, if 5 people can actually get up to each of the tables and write, AND nobody walks off with the pens, and it takes a minute to fill out, it would take 330 minutes for everyone to do it on the spot, or 5.5 hours. No thanks, I'll fill it out in advance.

To me, it's really simple: I came prepared with a form filled out as I was a few days earlier when I took the time to fill it out. If my answers change on embarkation day, I discard the form I prepared and wait in line to fill out a new one. Otherwise, get out of my way, slackers, I'm going on a cruise!

Gee, 3300 people boarding the ship, two 3' round tables, and they start the day with 10 pens. Do the math, DON, if 5 people can actually get up to each of the tables and write, AND nobody walks off with the pens, and it takes a minute to fill out, it would take 330 minutes for everyone to do it on the spot, or 5.5 hours. No thanks, I'll fill it out in advance.

To me, it's really simple: I came prepared with a form filled out as I was a few days earlier when I took the time to fill it out. If my answers change on embarkation day, I discard the form I prepared and wait in line to fill out a new one. Otherwise, get out of my way, slackers, I'm going on a cruise!

I don't think that I have ever been delayed more than 5 minutes by the need to fill out the form even with the only 2 tables and the 10 pens. My cruise time is not that tight that the loss of 5 minutes will have a major impact on my cruise.

However, whatever makes you happy and does not impact me is OK with me.

DON

We filled ours out the morning of the cruise, at the hotel, and took them with us. The forms we had were huge, and the guy laughed at them but said that it was smart that we did so since the area for completing them is so crowded at times.

And we always bring our own pen. :D

Just fill it out when you get there, like you are supposed to do. It takes less than a minute! :rolleyes:

I do not even remember filling out the form so it must have been done quickly. I thought I had a good memory too! :D

People are spending more time getting the form in advance and then arguing than it takes to fill it out at the pier.

Not really that hard. The next time you go through embarkation grab a handful & you'll have them for future cruises.(provided they don't change them like a year or so ago)

For gosh sake, unless you have something bothering you just fill it out there. It just takes a few moments and is just part of the embarkation process. If you are sick, PLEASE be honest for everyone else's welfare. :(

Really silly question! I try to do things ahead of time and decided to print off the health forms. I know they can only be filled in three days before sailing. What side are the forms? The one I printed off is 5 1/4" by 8 1/4" ( half the size of a pice of computer paper. After you finish laughing at the crazy question, if you know the answer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!🤔

That size sounds about right to me. I'd have said a5.

Gee, 3300 people boarding the ship, two 3' round tables, and they start the day with 10 pens.

2 tables? Every time I've cruised, there have been at least a dozen small tables, or a few long rectangular ones. I have never had to wait in line, just walked up to a table and filled it out. And I ALWAYS have to tell my husband our cabin number. That's the only thing that slows me down. ;)

I do agree about using your own writing implement. I hate those tiny, blunt golf pencils, and the germs they probably transmit.

2 tables? Every time I've cruised, there have been at least a dozen small tables, or a few long rectangular ones. I have never had to wait in line, just walked up to a table and filled it out. And I ALWAYS have to tell my husband our cabin number. That's the only thing that slows me down. ;)

I do agree about using your own writing implement. I hate those tiny, blunt golf pencils, and the germs they probably transmit.

I always take a pen with me, just makes everything so much simpler.

Glad to help, if you hadn't been able to think of it for yourself.

Should I wear shoes to the terminal? Or do you think I can keep my feet clean by just levitating?

You seem like an experienced cruiser. That pen tip is the best. I appreciate any advice.