I need Florida advice - Tampa to FLL?

yes, some great deals on ROS but I already have HOS booked that 1st week it was available with great pricing also. I don't want to give that up.

I was going to suggest Allure on Jan 8, or Oasis from PC on Jan 7, but that would cause you to give up Harmony.

I would worry about driving delays on I-75. One bad accident, fog or a front with heavy rains moving across the state and your driving time is greatly increased.

We drive from Homosassa (one hour north of Tampa) to Ft Lauderdale or Miami for cruises several times a year. We always drive down a day early because of possible delays.

Personally I think it's too risky. As some others have mentioned, if there is an accident ahead of you along the way, that will pretty much wipe out any chance you had of making it on time.

I do the Orlando-Fort Lauderdale route on the morning of my cruises, and I always make sure I leave by 630am. I have been stuck in accidents for several hours. If I didn't leave myself a lot of wiggle room I would definitely miss the boat.

I believe it is possible, only thing to add to what everyone else has said,

it is a very straight forward drive, but if you are not totally familiar with

the route, I would recommend bringing a GPS unit.

We usually drive from Bonita Springs day of without any issues, but we are also

a couple hours closer then Tampa.

Mac

I live in Orlando, and there is no way I would try this. One accident on the highway, a slight delay in arrival in Tampa, FOG! Any of these and you are scr@wed! Royally! No pun intended! When we sail out of Fort Lauderdale, we leave at 6:30 in the morning the day of the cruise. From our house it is a 3.5 hour drive, so that puts at the park and cruise lot around 10:00AM. Even that makes me a bit nervous.

I live in Orlando, and there is no way I would try this. One accident on the highway, a slight delay in arrival in Tampa, FOG! Any of these and you are scr@wed! Royally! No pun intended! When we sail out of Fort Lauderdale, we leave at 6:30 in the morning the day of the cruise. From our house it is a 3.5 hour drive, so that puts at the park and cruise lot around 10:00AM. Even that makes me a bit nervous.

I agree and we go a day ahead to Ft. Lauderdale from Cocoa Beach. Too many accidents on those highways and you are then sitting on highway very nervous.

Where is the first port of call on the second cruise? What day of the cruise? You might see what the cost of catching up is.

JC

Nassau day 2... Interesting thought but don't want to do that. :)

HOS is #1 priority for me

Nassau would be a pretty easy reach. That only comes into play if it all goes to poop. You could be in Nassau waiting for the ship to arrive the next morning, you wouldn't have missed much...

I say go for it. Odds are you will be fine, and the back up plan isn't horrible. But then it is easy for me to gamble since you will be the one who wins or losses the bet.:D:eek:

JC

The Southwest schedule is not out yet but you would have your choice of two flights on Saturday- one anywhere from 8 to 8:45 and the second anywhere from 11:45-12:30.

The flight is about 45 minutes

Would I do it? Yes- with Nassau being the first port

I think flying is your best option overall

thx for replies everyone... Doesn't sound like a good gamble either way, driving or flying.. I really need that extra day in between (*sigh*) :(

Insane thought:

Book the Rhapsody the week before. Spend a week in Florida. Cruise on Harmony.

Go to Orlando, watch my son perform at SeaWorld and Universal Studios.

:D :D :D :D :D