caribbean princess best inside cabin

njsonja

We prefer Riviera deck (Aloha deck on some ships), aft. Cabin #s R736 to R744 are 2 passenger cabins. The "back door" to Lido deck is right there. Step out the door, go up 5 or so steps and you're at the aft pool. Go up another set of steps, you're at the Outrigger bar, walk through the doors, you're in the Horizon Court. Perfect location (at least for us)!!

It's quiet. Not under the pool. The only noise we hear is the occasional slam of the door and the sliding of the loungers when the crew is setting up/taking down the loungers. None of the noise distracts from the great location.

It's like having your own semi-private balcony.:D

• 2 years later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:58 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

We prefer Riviera deck (Aloha deck on some ships), aft. Cabin #s R736 to R744 are 2 passenger cabins. The "back door" to Lido deck is right there. Step out the door, go up 5 or so steps and you're at the aft pool. Go up another set of steps, you're at the Outrigger bar, walk through the doors, you're in the Horizon Court. Perfect location (at least for us)!!

It's quiet. Not under the pool. The only noise we hear is the occasional slam of the door and the sliding of the loungers when the crew is setting up/taking down the loungers. None of the noise distracts from the great location.

In R736 on the Caribbean Princess, is there a problem smelling cigarette smoke in the hallway or when you step out by the Outrigger bar?

Edited by metairiegal

1 hour ago, metairiegal said:

In R736 on the Caribbean Princess, is there a problem smelling cigarette smoke in the hallway or when you step out by the Outrigger bar?

get R737 - no problem - stayed in that room and location on CB and other ships in that class

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metairiegal said:

As noted by Voljeep...it depends on which side of the ship you're on. Also, the time of day and the number of smokers that are there.

I just hold my breath as I walk by. :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

On 6/21/2016 at 2:58 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

Just booked R744 a few weeks ago on Caribbean Princess because I was thinking the same things you were when looking at the deck plan.  Thanks for confirming what I hoped was true!

46 minutes ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

Just booked R744 a few weeks ago on Caribbean Princess because I was thinking the same things you were when looking at the deck plan.  Thanks for confirming what I hoped was true!

One of the 6 cabins back there that are just for two people. One has to be careful about that as the 12 that are closer to the elevators are 4 person cabins. I would hate to have an interior with bunks on the walls. The six that are farthest aft are "the good ones".

Hi, we are Elite and only book the inside cabins on the back of the ship on Rivera .  Yesterday we booked R744 for a 13 nite from Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale.. ...but we will get off the ship in Norfolk ( near where we live)  We have spent up to 78 days in R745 ....booked kids and grandkids in these cabins etc....everyone we suggested to book these cabins thanked us and knew they were hooked.  You are only a few feet from the biggest balcony on the ship🤗 Get up ..go outside in your bathrobe and have a cup of coffee while you are sailing ..the Med....the Pacific...the Atlantic...the Baltic...you get my drift?😘 We have had wine parties on 

our balcony....pool parties etc. I always make sure that the ship has this choice of cabins before I decide on a cruise.  These cabins are one of "the best kept secrets" on Princess.  We would rather have a sailing in one of these cabins then..you can afford more cruises.  :classic_rolleyes:  We are travelers and live in a 3600 sq ft house on the Intercoastal we don't need all the trappings and bragging rights that the Balcony and suite people enjoy....we walk up one flight of stairs and go in a hot tub before bedtime...enjoy walking up a few  stairs to get a snack anytime.  on Princess these are the best....enjoy

• Like 2

Just a quick note for those who can't book a Rivera ...The Plazza deck has inside cabins which are near the International Cafe and the back of the Lido deck has good inside  cabins and they are close to the Hot dogs and Pizza...notice the food references😘  CAUTION if booking the inside cabins on the Lido deck make sure you are NOT under the weight lift room....unless you are deaf !😮

• Like 2