"No sugar added" desserts

shipgeeks

On our recent Equinox cruise, each night's dessert menu had an item marked "no sugar added". (This was separate from the "sugar free" ice creams and other desserts.) I asked our waiter if this meant they had artificial sweeteners; he said, hesitatingly, that it did, so I avoided them.

Now I'm wondering if that was really the case. If they were sweetened with fruit, or not sweetened, that would have been fine.

Does anyone know the correct answer to this?

Additionally, I dare write, I do not think that X's culinary division is that sophisticated, especially seeing they do not even want to make vegan desserts just not currently part of the program.

I Am sure the waiter was being truthful with you.

I usually, being a vegan, have to wait until I get into a port where we know there are vegan restaurants to get dessert... which can be fun too.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

• 1 month later...

We were on Reflection recently and I asked the same question. Our waiter checked with the kitchen and came back to say they were "low sugar".

I also asked the same question at the smoothy station because they use things like vanilla soy milk etc in the smoothies. They were able to confirm that *they* didn't add sugar but couldn't confirm if the vanilla soy milk had sugar added. I've never seen a flavoured soy milk without sugar added, so I just avoided anything that they labelled sugar free for those reasons.

In January on the Summit I asked a similar question and the reply was that instead of sugar they use a sugar substitute, I cannot recall the name of it but it was not one I had heard of before. But of course some of these items will contain natural sugars. Hence the no sugar added label

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk