Chips & snacks onboard

The majority of cruises are 7 days.

Not those in Australia, takes us 2 full days cruising to get to the nearest port of call!

Most cruises are at least 10-14 days out of Sydney, apart from just a few. :)

It's good to know someone understands my original post. To us Aussies, chips are potato crisps to the rest of the world. Not the French fries served hot at a Windjammer. I think I left out my punctuation marks so when I referred to choc chips I actually meant bars of chocolates & packets of chips or crisps & packets of lollies or sweets for those late afternoon cravings when sitting around sharing a few drinks & conversation with fellow cruisers. It certainly has made for some interesting reading though. Looks like I would be best to make sure I bring plenty of supplies with me.

Hi Maggie,

Fellow Aussie here & I understood you perfectly. :)

I have found Radiance has packets of chips in the Park café but never found any on Voyager. Sometimes they do have bowls of chips but doesn't seem to be consistent.

I have found also the snacks available in the onboard shop vary greatly from ship to ship & found all the salted nuts if US brands often had sugar added,

Most of the time though you can buy chocolate bars at the shop, I recall Toblerone, Snickers, Mars Bars, Kit Kats etc on recent cruises.

I have found you can get a fruit & nut mix at some bars they serve in glass containers.

However if you have your favourites that you can't live without best to take them with you. :)

Australian based cruises have a different variety of snacks I have found compared to the US based cruises I have done.

It's good to know someone understands my original post. To us Aussies, chips are potato crisps to the rest of the world. Not the French fries served hot at a Windjammer. I think I left out my punctuation marks so when I referred to choc chips I actually meant bars of chocolates & packets of chips or crisps & packets of lollies or sweets for those late afternoon cravings when sitting around sharing a few drinks & conversation with fellow cruisers. It certainly has made for some interesting reading though. Looks like I would be best to make sure I bring plenty of supplies with me.

Pretty sure it's only Britain that calls a chip a crisp. :eek: Vast majority calls a chip a chip. ;)

I'm kind of surprised Australia wouldn't follow Britain's description

I would also recommend bringing your own snacks. We bring our own Sun Chips now. The staff put out a tray of them in the Solarium at lunch time but, oh my goodness! The guests swarmed to get them every day. It was like chum to sharks LOL! :p I saw a lot of folks eating them during movies & thought, that's a good idea! We also like to bring peanuts. I believe the Pringles were something like $6 a can. :eek:

Hi Maggie,

Fellow Aussie here & I understood you perfectly. :)

I have found Radiance has packets of chips in the Park café but never found any on Voyager. Sometimes they do have bowls of chips but doesn't seem to be consistent.

I have found also the snacks available in the onboard shop vary greatly from ship to ship & found all the salted nuts if US brands often had sugar added,

Most of the time though you can buy chocolate bars at the shop, I recall Toblerone, Snickers, Mars Bars, Kit Kats etc on recent cruises.

I have found you can get a fruit & nut mix at some bars they serve in glass containers.

However if you have your favourites that you can't live without best to take them with you. :)

Australian based cruises have a different variety of snacks I have found compared to the US based cruises I have done.

Thanks again for lots of info & lots of chuckles. Yes you Aussie cruisers know exactly what I mean however our next cruise is from Southampton & we have six days at sea before our first port of Boston so maybe you can understand my questioning. I have had mixed nuts given to us in Schooner bars a few times but chips & chocolates are great comfort foods, whether I should or shouldn't eat them is beside the point. Nevertheless less I will pack my own stash.