Chips & snacks onboard

On our upcoming 29 day b2b we're going to bring along some potato chips. DH says that's one thing he misses the most while cruising. Granted sometimes there are some sort of chips in the Park Café but the last few times we've cruised they've been cheesy chips and I can't stand those.

There is often a run on Park Cafe chips/crisps. Hoarders snatch them all up. I think there was a thread on it a while back

Yes - salty crunchy snacks and candy are not easy to find on ships.

and yes - chocolate chips are a yummy snack - try mini marshmallows dip in a little peanut butter and then stick a chocolate chip to the pb - pop in mouth - mmmmmmm

Yes - some folks just make worthless posts because their post count is tied to their self esteem somehow!

I've read that you can take out sushi from Izumi. Your own roomservie if you will.

Sushi from Izumi has an upcharge. Sushi from the WJ, while not as good as Izumi, is included in your cruisefare.

There is often a run on Park Cafe chips/crisps. Hoarders snatch them all up. I think there was a thread on it a while back

Yep, they actually removed the bags of chips from public access on Exchantment because a few people were taking many bags. Eventually, they got rid of the bags altogether and if you wanted chips, they would give you some in a plate from a tub they had behind the counter.

On our upcoming 29 day b2b we're going to bring along some potato chips. DH says that's one thing he misses the most while cruising. Granted sometimes there are some sort of chips in the Park Café but the last few times we've cruised they've been cheesy chips and I can't stand those.

We recently did b2b cruises on Jewel after her refurbishment. No Park Cafe or other place to get Potato Chips. One afternoon DH wanted a salty snack so I called Room Service and asked if they had Potato Chips. The young lady who answered said..."yes, we have Lays chips". I ordered 4 bags. She said "I'll send 6...they're small bags". :)

Yep, they actually removed the bags of chips from public access on Exchantment because a few people were taking many bags. Eventually, they got rid of the bags altogether and if you wanted chips, they would give you some in a plate from a tub they had behind the counter.

Our chipgate was on Brilliance. They didn't even have bagged Lays from room service. Just spinach dip with tortillas

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

Understanding your rant, but you are wasting your breath. He/She NEVER returns and responds to anything anyone says in response to a lot of rude comments or unnecessary remarks He/She says.

Yep. Amazing someone can have 75,000 posts and never returns to a thread or responds........:rolleyes:

Slightly off the topic -- if you are cruising to Cozumel, you can find EXCELLENT chips (potato or Doritos) in the MEGA or Cheudrai. We found some awesome, different flavors that we don't have here in the US. (MEGA is like a Super Walmart -- they had everything !!)

Specifically I remember a "Burger King Whopper flavored Ruffles" and some variations of Doritos that I had never seen before. (Tasted just like a Whopper too !)

We also found "dulce de leche" Oreos ! (DH contacted Nabisco when we got home to rave about them, but they had no plans to release them in the US.)

If you love ice cream like me -- carry a spoon when going to the MEGA. The first time we were there, I saw all these flavors we don't have here and sadly, I did not have a spoon and it was much too far back to the ship. The next time, you know I had plastic spoons in my bag !! They have a dining area that sells sandwiches, etc. and we sat there and enjoyed the ice cream ! (The dining area was similar to what you find in Wegman's -- the ready to eat food selection was considerably smaller.)

I think we had more fun exploring the supermarket section than we did the tourist shops !

Sandy

It is SHE. :) Has mentioned her husband.

Don't assume! [emoji4]

It still could be a he. Gay marriage has been legal in the whole country for a year - and in several other states before that. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Having recently been on Voyager of the seas & soon to be travelling on Navigator of the seas I was astounded that I could not find anywhere on board to purchase any lollies Chips magazines or books. Did I miss something or can anyone give an insight as to why? We will have six Sea days on our next cruise & wanted to check if I need to bring my own supplies of chocolate chips etc.

When i go to the compass Deli or to the Solarium deli they usually have bags of potato chips so i get a couple of them there. they also have cookies and brownies there. i think i had a macadamia nut cookie. not sure about CC though.

Sushi from Izumi has an upcharge. Sushi from the WJ, while not as good as Izumi, is included in your cruisefare.

Its the price you pay for a sushi fix. My guess you'd see a lot less sushi in the WJ on ships with Izumi.

Having recently been on Voyager of the seas & soon to be travelling on Navigator of the seas I was astounded that I could not find anywhere on board to purchase any lollies Chips magazines or books. Did I miss something or can anyone give an insight as to why? We will have six Sea days on our next cruise & wanted to check if I need to bring my own supplies of chocolate chips etc.

Sometimes you just have to take your own.

:)

Ships do stock different items, depending on the ship and the port of embarkation.

While I have seen bags of chips in Park Café and Café 270, I don't remember seeing them in the Promenade Café, and that is all that Voyager has. But you could ask, at the counter, if you don't see them out. Sometimes they have to hide them, because people take dozens and hoard them! :eek:

I have seen a very small display of books in the General Store in most ships.

Same for various kinds of candy. I don't buy it, so I don't pay much attention to the details, but I don't ever remember seeing lollipops.

Happy sailing!

:)

I am so tired of reading comments from you!! No One asked for your personal opinion on taste or flavors or Starbucks Coffee or bottled water!! The list goes on and on!

Since I know you won't read this I don't know why I bother. I just feel the need to vent my feelings about your unsolicited comments! I often wonder if you have been on any recent cruises or you are just here to try and one up some regular posters, or just irritate the regulars and/or tell the newbies your personal opinions.

Sorry to the OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread with my rant. But, I do have a question, what are lollies Chips?

Drop me an email (link in signature). I have a funny thing to tell you that I don't dare to post on here! ;)

... and yes - chocolate chips are a yummy snack - try mini marshmallows dip in a little peanut butter and then stick a chocolate chip to the pb - pop in mouth - mmmmmmm

I include them in my own home made trail mix - some chocolate chips, some raw almonds, a few sunflower seeds ...delicious, and I know everything that's in it! :)

Don't assume! ... It still could be a he...

Point taken, but the thing is she has been posting here for years, I know her style, and many comments on varying topics confirm it's a she. I won't discuss it further because I don't want to. :D:D:D

I am so tired of reading comments from you!! No One asked for your personal opinion on taste or flavors or Starbucks Coffee or bottled water!! The list goes on and on!

Do yourself a favor and block that poster.

I did a long time ago, and life is better without reading all that negativity and idiocy.

When I see her posts quoted, I note nothing has changed, still a miserable person, and it shows.

I also doubt the person cruises, so many posts are just full of wrong info.

We were on the Anthem a few weeks ago. In the evening we were hungry for some potato chips or chocolate chip cookies. I called room service. They said they did not have any potato chips, but could send up some chocolate chip cookies in about 30-40 minutes. They arrived within 10 minutes and the cookies were warm and delicious. Only problem was towards the end of the cruise we could not get anymore. They must have ran out of them.

Since I know you won't read this I don't know why I bother. I just feel the need to vent my feelings about your unsolicited comments! I often wonder if you have been on any recent cruises or you are just here to try and one up some regular posters, or just irritate the regulars and/or tell the newbies your personal opinions.

Sorry to the OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread with my rant. But, I do have a question, what are lollies Chips?

Good for you; I applaud your effort. I think responses like yours to inane, insulting posts should become more common.

We brought snacks with us on our recent cruise. We took on a bag of gummy bears, one can of pringles, and a small bag of chex mix. That did us fine. But wow, pringles on board was like $5.99 a can!

Yep. Amazing someone can have 75,000 posts and never returns to a thread or responds........:rolleyes:

We just block people like that. There's a nice cruise discussion group on a certain social site however, where you won't find rude, snarky commenters and we all get along just fine.