Chips & snacks onboard

Royal really need to have at least one of the bars/clubs and Sorento's , Café Promenade to have snacks you can order late night and have delivered there like Hot Wings, Nachos, Fried Pickles, etc. even if there was a small charge for them. As popular as Hot wings are I am surprised that they have never offered them in these venues! :cool:

Most cruises are usually for a week.

With all the foodw available, so many people want to eat the same junk from home.

Why not give it a rest for a while and try something new while your on the ship?

Did you bother to read all of the comments in this thread? If you had, you would know that in our particular case, we WON'T be on a week long cruise but a 29 day b2b and we will want some potato chips for a little salty snack so we'll be bringing some with us. Don't assume that everyone just takes week long cruises.

Don't assume! [emoji4]

It still could be a he. Gay marriage has been legal in the whole country for a year - and in several other states before that. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DW and I met CB at Sea at the M&M on our Adventure of the Seas this past March. He is an older gentleman, retired Navy. His DW was there as well. I suspect they both use the same account to post comments.

On salty snacks, that is my weakness and I was able to get my fix on the Serenade. Sorry to hear about the hoarders if they were the cause if these are no longer offered in bags. I'll try room service.

DW and I met CB at Sea at the M&M on our Adventure of the Seas this past March. He is an older gentleman, retired Navy. His DW was there as well. I suspect they both use the same account to post comments.

On salty snacks, that is my weakness and I was able to get my fix on the Serenade. Sorry to hear about the hoarders if they were the cause if these are no longer offered in bags. I'll try room service.

Really? I've always pictured her as a petite, slightly weathered bleached blond. Was that rude of me? Sorry.

Regarding salty snacks, while not fond of Spanish food, I do like some of the plain nacho chips the WJ puts out in the afternoon. No toppings, just the chips.

Have not sailed on RCCL for a few years. Can't recall, do they have nuts at bars to enjoy while you imbibe? We take nuts when we sail Celebrity for Happy Hour as they have not been serving them in recent years.

Do we need to take our Happy Hour nuts with us in December on Oasis?

Have not sailed on RCCL for a few years. Can't recall, do they have nuts at bars to enjoy while you imbibe? We take nuts when we sail Celebrity for Happy Hour as they have not been serving them in recent years.

No nuts at the bars.

My husband and I don't usually eat "junk" food during our normal lives, but boy do we enjoy stopping at McDonalds on the way to cruise ships and starting off our trip with a double heart attack bang. Same goes with salty fried potato chips and chocolate covered caramels. We crave those on vacation, because we are slacking off on our forever quest to keep up with our declining metabolisms. We almost always bring our own even on shorter cruises because those foods signify vacation to us. And oh could I just sit down with a bag of chocolate chips and have myself a grand little party! YUM!

BTW, you know the little red triangle in the top right corner of everyone's posts next to the number of posts? Cruise Critic put that there so we can make them aware of rude posters. It works like a charm. I see no reason for anyone to be unkind or disrespectful to one another on a cruise thread. It's not like its called PoliticianCritic.com ;):p

Yum, a big huge bowl of mixed salted nuts while you're drinking is very appealing, but from a hygienic standpoint it is disgusting.:p You know, only once do I recall nuts served in the Viking Crown Lounge - they were in individual glasses so (hopefully!) there was no cross-contamination. I don't remember which cruise that was. Hmm. So yes, take your own if you desire. :)

Yum, a big huge bowl of mixed salted nuts while you're drinking is very appealing, but from a hygienic standpoint it is disgusting.:p You know, only once do I recall nuts served in the Viking Crown Lounge - they were in individual glasses so (hopefully!) there was no cross-contamination. I don't remember which cruise that was. Hmm. So yes, take your own if you desire. :)

I remember those little decanters of trail mix and/or nuts. I'd like to think they were one use only and those we didn't use were thrown away but.....can't be sure.

Did you bother to read all of the comments in this thread? If you had, you would know that in our particular case, we WON'T be on a week long cruise but a 29 day b2b and we will want some potato chips for a little salty snack so we'll be bringing some with us. Don't assume that everyone just takes week long cruises.

The majority of cruises are 7 days.

Maybe I was not talking about you

Chow down.......

We always bring nuts with us to enjoy on our balcony with a glass of wine. If we don't eat them on the ship they come in handy waiting in line at TSA

I think at one time you could get a bowl of pretzels in the Crown and Anchor lounge on the Oasis.

My husband and I were on the Splendour and we noticed the Asian passengers would take a crazy amount of citrus fruit every morning at breakfast. We wondered if it is a hard to get item in those countries and maybe they wanted to get plenty to enjoy. Funny what you see while traveling in Europe compared to the Caribbean cruises we have been on.

We also were on the voyager last year ,and fancied some chips or lollies 😞None to be found ,especially when having a drink in the afternoon on deck as we left a port .

It's good to know someone understands my original post. To us Aussies, chips are potato crisps to the rest of the world. Not the French fries served hot at a Windjammer. I think I left out my punctuation marks so when I referred to choc chips I actually meant bars of chocolates & packets of chips or crisps & packets of lollies or sweets for those late afternoon cravings when sitting around sharing a few drinks & conversation with fellow cruisers. It certainly has made for some interesting reading though. Looks like I would be best to make sure I bring plenty of supplies with me.

I might run a little tuck-shop in the corridors on my next cruise. I'm sure plenty of people would love a Snickers or a packet of smokey bacon. Might to source one of those trays cinema attendants use so I can serve round the pool area as well

Hopefully help cover the cost of my cruise!!

Edited by Penciltwister