Chips & snacks onboard

Having recently been on Voyager of the seas & soon to be travelling on Navigator of the seas I was astounded that I could not find anywhere on board to purchase any lollies Chips magazines or books. Did I miss something or can anyone give an insight as to why? We will have six Sea days on our next cruise & wanted to check if I need to bring my own supplies of chocolate chips etc.

Having been on over 30 cruises, I learned early on to take my own salted snacks. There's peanuts at the bars, but I missed potato chips. As for magazines and books, I don't remember seeing them other than in the library.

Having recently been on Voyager of the seas & soon to be travelling on Navigator of the seas I was astounded that I could not find anywhere on board to purchase any lollies Chips magazines or books. Did I miss something or can anyone give an insight as to why? We will have six Sea days on our next cruise & wanted to check if I need to bring my own supplies of chocolate chips etc.

Chips as in French fries or chips as in Crisps? single serve bags of crisps are available in the windjammer and the Park cafe on those ships that have one. Maybe on the Promenade as well. you can buy overpriced and stale Pringles in one of the shops, usually the Liquor store. same with a few different kinds of candy. French fries are found, again, at the Windjammer at lunch definitely and dinner possibly.

Lollies are not a popular item in America past age 3 and only at the Dentist's office

Chocolate chips are a BAKING item, not an eat out of the bag as a snacking item.

as for books and magazines, cruise ships are not airports with a ton of little newsstands to grab the latest People Magazine and most of them have phased out or drastically reduced their Lending Libraries. that's what Kindles are for.

Pringles are not "chips"....they are horrible!!! Salted cardboard!

I am so tired of reading comments from you!! No One asked for your personal opinion on taste or flavors or Starbucks Coffee or bottled water!! The list goes on and on!

Since I know you won't read this I don't know why I bother. I just feel the need to vent my feelings about your unsolicited comments! I often wonder if you have been on any recent cruises or you are just here to try and one up some regular posters, or just irritate the regulars and/or tell the newbies your personal opinions.

Sorry to the OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread with my rant. But, I do have a question, what are lollies Chips?

With the amount of food I eat on the ship, I don't ever recall being hungry for a lollipop.

LOL I was thinking the same thing

I love potato chips as much as anyone, and I definitely have a "salt tooth" as opposed to a sweet tooth, but with all the other food on the ship, I never missed or craved them. Perhaps that's because all cruise food is generally over-salted, so I get my fix all day long.

I took advantage of the opportunity to have other snacks in my room, such as sushi, or a fruit/cheese/olive platter, or little sandwiches from the Cafe. It's no problem to bring these items back to our cabin from the buffet or Cafe

Edited by DonnaK

Several of the ships we have been on recently distribute little bags of potato chips for lunch (Park Cafe on Serenade and Two70 on Anthem). Other ships may be doing that also. There are so many places where you can grab some snacks that I find it hard to believe that one would go hungry.....

For books, I would suggest buying a Kindle from Amazon and putting all the books you might be interested in reading on it before leaving port. They are relatively cheap and the books are inexpensive as well. The difference in price between 'paper' books and digital books from Amazon would just about pay for the new Kindle.

The books are also available at many public libraries to download onto the Kindle. Both myself and my DW have Kindles with 15-20 books on them ready to go....

Assuming you mean chips for snacking, not French fries, have found individual packages at most of the cafe type restaurants, like the promenade, or room service.

If you want a specific brand of snacks/candy it is much cheaper to bring from home. They have to be in sealed packages.

Some of the general stores have a small rack of snacks and paperback books. Never seen magazines.

On a typical 7 day cruise I can usually get a potato chip fix once or twice in port if I feel the need. Or on Oasis, there were chips in the Park Café, which worked for me. On a longer 2 week TA/Hawaiian kinda cruise I do crave my salty snack. When we ported in Hawaii I made a side trip to pick up a few bags of Doritos for the return sea days.

I am so tired of reading comments from you!! No One asked for your personal opinion on taste or flavors or Starbucks Coffee or bottled water!! The list goes on and on!

Since I know you won't read this I don't know why I bother. I just feel the need to vent my feelings about your unsolicited comments! I often wonder if you have been on any recent cruises or you are just here to try and one up some regular posters, or just irritate the regulars and/or tell the newbies your personal opinions.

Sorry to the OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread with my rant. But, I do have a question, what are lollies Chips?

Understanding your rant, but you are wasting your breath. He/She NEVER returns and responds to anything anyone says in response to a lot of rude comments or unnecessary remarks He/She says.

LOL!

Understanding your rant, but you are wasting your breath. He/She NEVER returns and responds to anything anyone says in response to a lot of rude comments or unnecessary remarks He/She says.

It is SHE. :) Has mentioned her husband.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

LOL! Let it all out LBD! We all lose it from time to time when it comes to CB and her meaningless drive by posts :cool:

Edited by ryano

LOL I was thinking the same thing

I love potato chips as much as anyone, and I definitely have a "salt tooth" as opposed to a sweet tooth, but with all the other food on the ship, I never missed or craved them. Perhaps that's because all cruise food is generally over-salted, so I get my fix all day long.

I took advantage of the opportunity to have other snacks in my room, such as sushi, or a fruit/cheese/olive platter, or little sandwiches from the Cafe. It's no problem to bring these items back to our cabin from the buffet or Cafe

Wait... you can get sushi from room service?? This is my first cruise on RCCL, and I have so much to learn! Can't wait to get there!!

Wait... you can get sushi from room service?? This is my first cruise on RCCL, and I have so much to learn! Can't wait to get there!!

No sushi from room service, nor did Donna say they got sushi from room service.

We don't get it from room service. We go to the buffet in the evening and make a plate or two to carry back to the cabin.

On our upcoming 29 day b2b we're going to bring along some potato chips. DH says that's one thing he misses the most while cruising. Granted sometimes there are some sort of chips in the Park Café but the last few times we've cruised they've been cheesy chips and I can't stand those.

Amen!