Down to the wire! Need advice!

ldlewis45

So, final payment for my booked Bermuda cruise in September has to be made by tomorrow, so I need to make a decision today! Do I cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway in a spa balcony stateroom, do I instead take a trip to Slovenia and Croatia (about $500 more for a 10-day semi-guided trip, including flights but not including most meals), or do I just save the $$$ and not do anything? I've been to Bermuda before and loved it, and I do want to go again, especially in a spa balcony (LOVE the heated loungers). On the other hand, I've never been to Slovenia and Croatia, and I really would like to go, and mid-September is supposed to be a nice time to visit.

I am completely conflicted about what to do, to be honest. I have a really hard time making big purchases, too, which is making the decision even harder.

Since you are debating going to two completely different destinations with two completely different travel methods or saving your money and doing neither, my advise would be to cancel and save your money until you know what trip you really want to take.

So, final payment for my booked Bermuda cruise in September has to be made by tomorrow, so I need to make a decision today! Do I cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway in a spa balcony stateroom, do I instead take a trip to Slovenia and Croatia (about $500 more for a 10-day semi-guided trip, including flights but not including most meals), or do I just save the $$$ and not do anything? I've been to Bermuda before and loved it, and I do want to go again, especially in a spa balcony (LOVE the heated loungers). On the other hand, I've never been to Slovenia and Croatia, and I really would like to go, and mid-September is supposed to be a nice time to visit.

I am completely conflicted about what to do, to be honest. I have a really hard time making big purchases, too, which is making the decision even harder.

You have already been to Bermuda. Go to Slovenia and Croatia. I have been to both countries. You would love it.

Slovania & Croatia. With Brexit who knows what that could cost in the future. Plus the US dollar is doing well at the moment. Bermuda & the Breakaway or something better will always be there.

Edited by trish1c

Well, I decided to cancel the cruise. I figure, if I'm not super-excited to be traveling somewhere, I probably shouldn't be taking the trip, especially when it's going to cost me thousands of dollars. This is the 2nd cruise I've cancelled this year because of that, and both of them were booked almost a year in advance. I'm not sure why, but I'm just not feeling cruises lately. I'm sure I'd feel differently once on the ship, but right now, I just feel "meh" when I think about it. And I've just spent the last two years living in Miami (just moved to New Orleans), so I'm kind of over the whole tropical/beachy thing for the moment. I'm more in a "get me somewhere cool" phase because of it. My last vacation was a week in NYC in early March of this year, and I LOVED the cold weather, lol.

I'm still not certain about taking the Slovenia/Croatia trip, but I've got time to decide on that one. Now I can think about what I really, really want to do, without the final payment deadline hanging over my head. Plus, if I decide I really do want to do the Bermuda trip, I can always rebook.

Edited by ldlewis45