cigars on Breakaway

You can also smoke by the tables in Spice H2O. My husband smoked there as well as outside the cigar bar.

They put a stop to this. You used to be able to smoke cigars in Vibe also, but no more.

The only place now is the cigar lounge and the small seating area just outside of the cigar lounge. Supposedly you cannot even sit at the adjacent outside bar with a cigar.

They put a stop to this. You used to be able to smoke cigars in Vibe also, but no more.

The only place now is the cigar lounge and the small seating area just outside of the cigar lounge. Supposedly you cannot even sit at the adjacent outside bar with a cigar.

I don't know what the rules are now about smoking cigars outside the cigar lounge, but when we were on the Getaway, we were in the vicinity of that area on the Waterfront and the stench was terrible for quite some distance. I don't know what difference it would make to ban them a few feet away at the adjacent bar. The airstream pulls the smell right down the side of the ship. I hope there are not any outside eating areas in the vicinity.

That must be really new. We sailed three weeks ago.

You can smoke cigars in the beautiful, comfortable cigar lounge, or go thru the door to an outside area. Then there is the adjacent bar area, with hightop tables. You are allowed to smoke in all the bar areas, just not when sitting AT the bar directly. This is due to the fact the glasses are left out, and the smoke would cling to them. Bartender's explanation

Enjoy those smokes

Safe sailing

The smell of smoke down wind is awful. They should have put the cigar lounge and smoking area up on the top deck instead of ruining the waterfront area.

I have smelled some nastier colognes and perfumes than a good cigar.

Different strokes for different folks. :rolleyes:

Cigars should be outright band as they are just disgusting. I cant imagine sleeping with a cigar smoker let alone anything else.

Some cigars smell so great!!

You should smell my DH bourbon or tequila dipped cigars...smell better than most perfumes or room fresheners.

And flavored pipe smoke,,,,yummy

And why band something just because you don't agree with it, not fair to others, just stay away form the smokers

Safe sailing

Edited by spidybabe

thanks everyone!

I was really hoping that they would be able to smoke at Vibe. I was gonna use that as an excuse to spend the extra money to hang out there!!!:p

I would try to do it and see what happens. If you tip your bartender enough, I don't think they'd say anything. We had friends just of the Breakaway a few weeks ago, and they smoked in Vibe.

Cigars should be outright band as they are just disgusting. I cant imagine sleeping with a cigar smoker let alone anything else.

This is not a forum for your opinion/feelings toward cigar smokers. Tolerance goes both ways. A question was asked, which you did not answer. Also, it's spelled "banned", not "band", unless you are implying a musical group who smokes cigars while playing.

Edited by Doc2725

How much are the cigars...say Monte Christo #2?

I can't help with this...I am sure someone knows..BUT I can say we were on the Gem recently (not Breakaway)..and the cigar selection was limited PLUS..if purchased at cigar "bar"....18% service charge added ! The gift shop selection was VERY limited. DH brought his own and was happy he did..

Last time on breakaway there was a gentleman smoking a cigar outside the Cigar Lounge on deck 8 at Malting's every evening. No one said boo to him.

Sorry I have no pricing info for on board cigars but heard you should bring your own. There didn't seem to be a big selection.

HTH

Cheers!

Edited by meatball_nyc

Just back from the Breakaway and we complained 2x to Guest Services and to a group of officers strolling around about the rampant smoking in many places. I even saw someone smoking by the kiddie pool. By midweek people smoked openly at the bar on the pool deck. I took pictures of the ashes dropped on my balcony table from above and the glass full of cigarette butts on the table of the balcony below. Either NCL does not care to enforce their policies or they attract people as passengers who know that NCL does not care.

They only post the smoking policy in tiny print in the daily and on the TV ship channel. Hey NCL, how about making an announcement about smoking?? You seem to manage to announce the endless art auctions a zillion times.

Sailed on Breakaway several times. Last in May 2016. Humidor room, chairs outside of the humidor room/outside of Maltings, NOT at the bar outside Maltings but no problem at the tables, Spice at tables and chairs along the edge (not at the bar), Vibe when the bar is closed, sun deck after 8pm have all been great places to enjoy a cigar.

This is not a forum for your opinion/feelings toward cigar smokers. Tolerance goes both ways. A question was asked, which you did not answer. Also, it's spelled "banned", not "band", unless you are implying a musical group who smokes cigars while playing.

Non smoker here. It does not take long to learn where the legal smoking sections are and then avoid them. It is that easy.

Just back from the Breakaway and we complained 2x to Guest Services and to a group of officers strolling around about the rampant smoking in many places. I even saw someone smoking by the kiddie pool. By midweek people smoked openly at the bar on the pool deck. I took pictures of the ashes dropped on my balcony table from above and the glass full of cigarette butts on the table of the balcony below. Either NCL does not care to enforce their policies or they attract people as passengers who know that NCL does not care.

They only post the smoking policy in tiny print in the daily and on the TV ship channel. Hey NCL, how about making an announcement about smoking?? You seem to manage to announce the endless art auctions a zillion times.

What does this have to do with this thread?