4K Drone - Norwegian Escape Leaving Port Miami

jeff.witwer

Interesting that NCL changes a policy concerning "bringing bottled water on board" and citing security concerns however allows the UAS to take off \ land on her ships?!?

The Escape is still in Florida water so I am interested in knowing if NCL can be held liable for violating the state's “Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act.”

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0900-0999/0934/Sections/0934.50.html

It's always amusing to me when some thinks they know the law. Simply because they googled somethings and then regurgitate it as if they are all knowing.

It's like having a symptom of an illness, looking it up on webMD AND CONVINCE THEMSELVES THAT THEY HAVE THAT ILLNESS. Bottom line, taking things out of context without the background to quantify, always makes me laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome video, the way these ships just glide through the water seemingly effortlessly is just beautiful. The other thing is while its an awesome video, its scary anyone can do that. Technology is moving faster than ever.

Edited by JAMESCC

It's always amusing to me when some thinks they know the law. Simply because they googled somethings and then regurgitate it as if they are all knowing.

It's like having a symptom of an illness, looking it up on webMD AND CONVINCE THEMSELVES THAT THEY HAVE THAT ILLNESS. Bottom line, taking things out of context without the background to quantify, always makes me laugh.

I love a punk who hides behind a keyboard "judging".... if you read my post you would have seen I said "I'd be interested in knowing"..... not quoting as if I knew...... I live in a state that passed very strict drone laws, prior to Christmas, so it was fresh on my mind and peaked my interest when I saw this video. It ironically was the same day NCL stated security concerns when banning water bottles. I was on GSC in March when a member of the ship's officer staff approached a gentleman who was flying a drone and told him to ground it.... so I know NCL frowns upon them.

Love those trolls with nothing interesting to contribute but judge....

It appears to be either a Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Pro, or Phantom 4. The audio was recorded on a pax's person, while the drone returned to the port. Makes me think a friend piloted from the port for the Bon Voyage. That would be a little more discrete, although DHS takes this very seriously. So then upon return the audio was mixed with the footage. My guess.

Was the drone not operated from shore and by what appears to be, from his comments, Miami Drone Flights who operates a subscription site for all of his videos? This isn't just some hobby type. Miami Drone Flights has many other ships filmed also if you want to look at them.

Edited by roger001

Ref legality...recreational drones are legal in Florida and Miami, except over major public events like sports or festivals. This also does not fall under Florida's surveillance act because the persons on the ship do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy. This video is legal.

Ref legality...recreational drones are legal in Florida and Miami, except over major public events like sports or festivals. This also does not fall under Florida's surveillance act because the persons on the ship do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy. This video is legal.

The day smart phones got cameras and video (and You Tube), expectations of privacy was long gone. Every photo or video all of us take on a cruise will invariably have someone else in the background.... And then we post them...do we not? If you're not inside your house, don't plan on privacy. It's the high tech age in which we live.

Thanks aquahound..... wasn't sure about that since they're posted to YouTube and could be a commercial use..

appreciate the time to answer

From the YouTube comments:

Q "cool. did they care you brought that onboard?"

A "Haha, first couple of days security didn't catch it then after 2 ports they figured out it was a drone but they gave it back at each port so you can use it."

I wonder if they could do that with my case of Coke..

Put case of water on the dock.

Sneak drone on to ship.

Pick up case of water with powerful drone.

Deliver case to balcony.

Seriously, the video gives a good view of balconies (standard and angle) and the overhang issues that bother some.

I've heard prisons are starting to have this problem with drugs being dropped in yards during the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love a punk who hides behind a keyboard "judging".... if you read my post you would have seen I said "I'd be interested in knowing"..... not quoting as if I knew...... I live in a state that passed very strict drone laws, prior to Christmas, so it was fresh on my mind and peaked my interest when I saw this video. It ironically was the same day NCL stated security concerns when banning water bottles. I was on GSC in March when a member of the ship's officer staff approached a gentleman who was flying a drone and told him to ground it.... so I know NCL frowns upon them.

Love those trolls with nothing interesting to contribute but judge....

I hit a nerve with you. Oh boy! Your words My,My,My

Of course I'm hiding behind a keyboard. Your logic is flawed, how else are we supposed to communicate on a message board?

If you want to debate me. I'm sure we can set that up...

Edited by Golfin55