4K Drone - Norwegian Escape Leaving Port Miami

jeff.witwer

That was a cool video.

I agree with triptolemus that the editing sucked, though. Other than that, pretty impressive.

I wonder what drone that was.

I'm not understanding how the drone was able to pick up the NCL sounds without hearing its own (LOUD) propellers.

There are a few other You Tube drone videos of The Escape. The guy that filmed them was onboard the ship instead of being on the shore. He also posted videos of St Thomas and a few other places. Very interesting to watch to say the least.

Video was OK, guy broke a few novice rules like never fly over crowds or people. Actually its an FAA regulation. Would have been really interesting if he would have lost control and it hit someone on the ship or hit the bridge

There are a few other You Tube drone videos of The Escape. The guy that filmed them was onboard the ship instead of being on the shore. He also posted videos of St Thomas and a few other places. Very interesting to watch to say the least.

Interesting that NCL changes a policy concerning "bringing bottled water on board" and citing security concerns however allows the UAS to take off \ land on her ships?!?

The Escape is still in Florida water so I am interested in knowing if NCL can be held liable for violating the state's “Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act.”

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0900-0999/0934/Sections/0934.50.html

Considering NCL has a ban on any drone being brought on a ship its hard to believe the guy was flying from the ship

Pretty sure I saw the guy and thought WTH is he planning on doing? Didn't really think to say something at the time as it was on the deck, waterfront aft. I did tell them about the service dog pooping and peeing all over the ship, twice! The guy with the dog was horrible! Felt sorry for the poor dog, he had to go

Considering NCL has a ban on any drone being brought on a ship its hard to believe the guy was flying from the ship

He had the Ultimate Drone Package. Drone usage was free with his booking but he had to pay $755 in gratuities because the normal drone charge is $599/day.

:D

Here is the other video I found. The guy is clearly on the ESCAPE holding the controller in his hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_od9RQOCzk8

Maybe he managed to smuggle it aboard along with his soda and water? :)

Put case of water on the dock.

Sneak drone on to ship.

Pick up case of water with powerful drone.

Deliver case to balcony.

Seriously, the video gives a good view of balconies (standard and angle) and the overhang issues that bother some.

Yes it does. Since we're on deck 15 with the overhang it was interesting to see exactly what that looked like. I wonder if others will start to take drones on the ship? Good way to sneak on those illegal beverages! :rolleyes:

I took a picture of a drone at the same spot from the balcony. It was probably the same guy but not the same week since I didn't see myself in the video.

Could have been the sailing we were on 6/11, which brings me back to the start of a great week all over again

It was shot on June 4th at 19:15 - according to the comments.

Edited by bluesea777