Vision is Repositioning to Galveston from Cape Liberty Oct 2017

I have been hoping for this for a while but wish they could put a Radiance class ship in Galveston for these shorter cruises. With the growth of the market, I'm surprised we don't see RC building more ships. The older and smaller ships have to be reaching limits. You can see a need in the fact they brought back Empress of the Seas. Would love to see Celebrity bring a Solstice ship to Galveston. I've done one Carnival 5 night out of Galveston and it was a great cruise but I'm a Loyal Royal and will be Diamond level after my Liberty of the Seas cruise in late August so 4 and 5 nights at great prices with the potential of upgrades? Sign me up!

I have been hoping for this for a while but wish they could put a Radiance class ship in Galveston for these shorter cruises. With the growth of the market, I'm surprised we don't see RC building more ships. The older and smaller ships have to be reaching limits. You can see a need in the fact they brought back Empress of the Seas. Would love to see Celebrity bring a Solstice ship to Galveston. I've done one Carnival 5 night out of Galveston and it was a great cruise but I'm a Loyal Royal and will be Diamond level after my Liberty of the Seas cruise in late August so 4 and 5 nights at great prices with the potential of upgrades? Sign me up!

We've been told that all the reputable shipyards are booked until 2020!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Royal would announce the 2018 Vision Galveston sailings. I am really hoping this is not just a 2 month tease. Really excited about the possibility of 4 & 5 sailings that are not on a Carnival ship.

I have heard that there will be another ship sold after the Legend.

Rumor has it that it will be the Vision.

I was told the same when I called C&A asking about 2018 Vision dates.

Of course I could call today and might be told it's getting a Flowrider and slides. LoL

This is awesome! Every once in a while we would love to do a short cruise ( and usually shorter notice) we can drive to but refuse to do Carnival anymore. Whoo Hooo!

Same here! Carnival has definitely held the market here on short cruises with three ships sailing out of Galveston and the only line that has 4 and 5 day cruises. :D

I was told the same when I called C&A asking about 2018 Vision dates.

Of course I could call today and might be told it's getting a Flowrider and slides. LoL

Wilson check out rate for Royal suite, I could afford this, cheaper than Liberty GS , of course much older ship and 5 days

Royal now showing Vision sailings out of Galveston until April 2018. Not clear where the dry dock fits in.

Yay!! I called today and got a price adjustment on our Dec 9th, '17 cruise. It went down $160. :D I'm going to check out those spring cruise! :D

Edited by Ladysilver

We were booked on the Raphsody B3B NJ, QUE, to TPA........they switched us over to the Vision leaving the 23 hanging. We also would have preferred somewhere in Fl.

Not sure what to do at this point. Will ponder it awhile:)

I think the Rhapsody was sold out to Costo to go into Florida

Wilson check out rate for Royal suite, I could afford this, cheaper than Liberty GS , of course much older ship and 5 days

Go for it George! That way we can get another tour. :D

We will probably do a few 4 or 5 night Vision sailings from Galveston to get us closer to D+, but they will most likely be in an inside cabin. Unless of course, Debbie tells me otherwise.

Go for it George! That way we can get another tour. :D

We will probably do a few 4 or 5 night Vision sailings from Galveston to get us closer to D+, but they will most likely be in an inside cabin. Unless of course, Debbie tells me otherwise.

We will hit D+ on our Navigator cruise in 2017, yes need to check with the boss

Are these short cruises available through April of next year? I told my TA to check to see if they were going to be available and she has not said anything.

I see them from Nov 2017 to Apr 2018.

I see them from Nov 2017 to Apr 2018.

It will be interesting to see what she does after that. Back in 2007 when Splendour was in Galveston the other season was out of Venice. Those reposition cruises were awesome.