Vision is Repositioning to Galveston from Cape Liberty Oct 2017

Was considering a 5 day on Vision since the suite prices are so good. I'm nervous about the fact that it is just before dry dock. Should I be???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When is dry dock?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...

Hey Wilson!

We are booked on the Vision for Jan 26 2018 to complete our Diamond Plus level in our first suite...soooooo excited! It is fitting to be back on that class as Rhapsody was our first cruise way back in 2004:D

Edited by BecciBoo

Hey Wilson!

We are booked on the Vision for Jan 26 2018 to complete our Diamond Plus level in our first suite...soooooo excited! It is fitting to be back on that class as Rhapsody was our first cruise way back in 2004:D

Very nice Becci! We are hoping they add additional Vision sailings out of Galveston.

• 2 months later...

We just booked the Dec. 9, 2017, sailing (Cozumel & Costa Maya). We prefer RCCL, and also that it is a smaller ship. Just this morning, while reviewing other posts about Vision, someone reported that it was going to dry dock in Nov. 2018, then probably be sold. I don't remember which post I read that on, so I could have misunderstood.

It's not on even those who are guessing list. Grandeur and Rhapsody are. It doesn't sound like Vision will be vsck in the winter of 2018-19 though. We are booked January 12-26, 2018

I'm still waiting to see if the Vision will be in Galveston December of 2018. :cool:

This is awesome! Every once in a while we would love to do a short cruise ( and usually shorter notice) we can drive to but refuse to do Carnival anymore. Whoo Hooo!

I agree! I have been waiting for RC to do short cruises from Galveston. I dont see Labadee listed as a port? I wish we could get to Labadee from Texas. I have a teen son and I think Labadee is perfect for his age group. We are looking at a cruise for his senior class trip May 18'

I refuse to do Carnival also. When that Carnival cruise got stuck out in the middle of the ocean and poop water was flowing, that is enough to say "Never"

I have heard that there will be another ship sold after the Legend.

Rumor has it that it will be the Vision.

Anita is it definite that Legend is being sold? I am still trying to find some one who wants to swap a Legend block for an Anthem one.

Joanne

It's not on even those who are guessing list. Grandeur and Rhapsody are. It doesn't sound like Vision will be vsck in the winter of 2018-19 though. We are booked January 12-26, 2018
Where do you think they would put Vision -- Tampa if Rhapsody is sold?

I would be surprised if it did. Lots of open rooms on her for this year. We have three booked.

I went ahead and booked the Liberty for December 2018. I would prefer the Vision again but I love the Liberty also. Just prefer the smaller ships. I can always change it if the Vision shows up. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Saw the Vision last Friday at Costa Maya docked next to us while we're on the Allure. Chatted with a few employees on the gangway who joked that I should get on their ship back to Galveston and save myself a flight since I'm from Houston. I didn't know at the time Vision was on a repositioning to Galveston.