Vision is Repositioning to Galveston from Cape Liberty Oct 2017

Is the Liberty remaining in Galveston? It would be great to have 2 Royal ships in Tx!

Nothing has been announced from the cruise line that indicates Liberty is leaving Galveston.

I love Cruise Critic.............

Saw this post yesterday and booked the Vision repo.

I live in California so only a 3 hour flight home instead of 5 1/2 from Florida.

Thanks again for the post..............

Nothing has been announced from the cruise line that indicates Liberty is leaving Galveston.

My TA forwarded me the notice she received from her District Sales Manager. It was titled RCI adds 2nd ship!

It made my day, until I looked at the prices, especially on the Repositioning cruise.

... It made my day, until I looked at the prices, especially on the Repositioning cruise.

I felt the same way when I looked at the prices for the repositioning cruise.:eek:

We were on the Liberty last month and in the crown and anchor event, the ambassador indicated the Liberty would be in Galveston at least until 2018. That didn't mean it would be leaving then, but that itineraries had not been announced past that date. I think they are adding the Vision to compete with Carnival.

We were on the Liberty last month and in the crown and anchor event, the ambassador indicated the Liberty would be in Galveston at least until 2018. That didn't mean it would be leaving then, but that itineraries had not been announced past that date. I think they are adding the Vision to compete with Carnival.

Yes, the Liberty contract with GLS is until 2018, who knows what then. I'd been hoping for OA, but since MIA is building a new terminal for the OA class ships, we'll never get one...IMHO, and I know it was just wishful thinking. Vision is only showing November and December 2017, who knows how much longer and where it will be going after that.

Would love to do the Repo, but the prices are outrageous.....

We booked GS8008 today, for a 14 day cruise the price we got was way more than fair. We will arrive in Galveston, on Monday Nov 6, so that is when the 4 & 5 will start. We also learned that the Vision will eventually be Galveston's connection to Cuba since only small ships will be allowed. Coming out of the yard she has had a complete overhaul, with new specialty restaurants. Should be fun. The Liberty is not going anywhere until '18 when rumor has it the Oasis will replace it. Rumors mind you but the new RCCL terminal in Galveston is being configured to handle bigger ships.

I love Cruise Critic.............

Saw this post yesterday and booked the Vision repo.

I live in California so only a 3 hour flight home instead of 5 1/2 from Florida.

Thanks again for the post..............

Your quite welcome! We are booked also. Come on over to the Roll Call.:D

I felt the same way when I looked at the prices for the repositioning cruise.:eek:

Same here!!!!

Then there's a great possibility the prices might drop with this amount of time to go since so many think they are overpriced:D!

We booked an OV which we normally would not because of price.

Now our BOS TA Nov 2017 was a steal. Just can't seem to win them all.

Then there's a great possibility the prices might drop with this amount of time to go since so many think they are overpriced:D!

We booked an OV which we normally would not because of price.

Now our BOS TA Nov 2017 was a steal. Just can't seem to win them all.

I've been looking at the TA sailings for a few years now, and the suites never seem to go down.

Edited by clarea

We also learned that the Vision will eventually be Galveston's connection to Cuba since only small ships will be allowed. Coming out of the yard she has had a complete overhaul, with new specialty restaurants. Should be fun.

What is your source for "Galveston's connection to Cuba"?

When we she overhauled?

I called C&A yesterday asking about Vision Galveston sailings beyond Nov/Dec '17 and was told she was going in for a refurb in Jan '18. Then again, I could call today and they will probably say Vision is being sold. LoL

The Liberty is not going anywhere until '18 when rumor has it the Oasis will replace it. Rumors mind you but the new RCCL terminal in Galveston is being configured to handle bigger ships.

Yes, the Liberty contract with GLS is until 2018, who knows what then. I'd been hoping for OA, but since MIA is building a new terminal for the OA class ships, we'll never get one.......

I also think a big part of that is either Liberty route from Galveston has a tender port. Do the Oasis-class ships even do tender ports?

Seems to me the more likely situation is the Galveston terminal upgrades were in exchange for RCL moving in the additional ship. "Carnival's got 2 ships in here, if you had two ships..."

But as has been said elsewhere.. and this from someone in Ft.Worth who'd seem to directly benefit from added Galveston sailings... I'd have preferred a West Coast city (we see how quick those Jewel sailings sold) or even a return to New Orleans.

Though I'm also interested in the possibility of Cuba trips from Galveston.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know why the Vision will only be in Galveston for two months? Nov. and Dec of 2017? Is it coming back after refurbish in Jan. 2018? :(

There is a very strong possibility that even RCI doesn't know what they're doing with Vision. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If she does stay after January 2018 we will book her for a short cruise. I'm thinking late January or Febuary. The weather in and out won't be great then but it would be a nice short getaway without using a lot of vacation. We will wait and see.