What is blank space on the Summit's pool deck (Deck 10)

montgomeryfamily

There is a blank space on the diagram of the Summit on Deck 10 (the pool deck), port side immediately before the Oceanview Cafe. Does anyone know what this is?

Our current room is located under this and I wanted to make certain it was not storage or some room or area in which there may be loud noises/rolling carts, etc in the early morning hours. If so, we would probably change our room.

Thanks.

Edited by montgomeryfamily
clarification

September 16th, 2013, 06:47 PM

Cool Cruiser

CABIN #: 9125 on Summit

DECK #: 9

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Mid ship

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes - an occasional noise from deck 10

BALCONY VIEW: Great - unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Average

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS - Loved the overhang especially in the hot sun - great location steps to the library, stairs and elevator

There is a blank space on the diagram of the Summit on Deck 10 (the pool deck), port side immediately before the Oceanview Cafe. Does anyone know what this is?

Our current room is located under this and I wanted to make certain it was not storage or some room or area in which there may be loud noises/rolling carts, etc in the early morning hours. If so, we would probably change our room.

Thanks.

I'm pretty certain that's where they have the Ping-Pong table. There may be a storage locker next to it. I wouldn't be too concerned.

I'm pretty certain that's where they have the Ping-Pong table. There may be a storage locker next to it. I wouldn't be too concerned.

The ping pong table is over room 9121. It isn't too annoying until someone starts practicing by bouncing ping pong balls off the floor (your ceiling). There is also a storage area and you will hear the door slamming early in the AM. But that's 9121. I wouldn't think that noise would carry over 2 cabins further to 9125.

TobyKnits, we actually are in 9121. So I appreciate your comments as to the noise, especially the am noise. We are going to check on moving down to deck 8. We could move to 9123, but I am concerned the noise might carry over to that stateroom.

Also thanks to the others who responded. Wine-0, you were right about what was in blank space in the diagram.

Here is the space on Constellation. The steel door is to a small refrigerated room. I don't think it's big enough for carts. We have been in 9125 on Summit and had no noise issues at all. I wasn't a big fan of the overhang, but the location was excellent.

IMG_0794.JPG

TobyKnits, we actually are in 9121. So I appreciate your comments as to the noise, especially the am noise. We are going to check on moving down to deck 8. We could move to 9123, but I am concerned the noise might carry over to that stateroom.

Also thanks to the others who responded. Wine-0, you were right about what was in blank space in the diagram.

I certainly would not book this room if there are other choices available, but I will also say it wasn't the end of the world either and we live in a really quiet rural neighborhood so the noise would bother me if its going to bother anyone. We've ended up with it twice on suite guarantee.

Positives would be that we never had a problem with noise from the stairs or elevator, your really close to the pool deck and buffet, and if you like shade then the balcony is perfect.

Someone recently posted about being under ping pong table area and a large ping pong group was on board....not a good spot..

If you are able to move now without extra cost might be worth the peace of mind...