Why book a suite on RCI?

You pay from 2-10x as much as a standard cabin. Your room is bigger and the line on and off the ship is shorter. Plus you get to eat in special areas where the unwashed masses are not allowed. And you get to sun in a special exclusive area.

And in exchange for paying an amount of money that would allow you to go on a B2B2B2B in a standard cabin they give you drinks for a few hours a day.

Were you the one sneering at me as I sunned behind my blue velvet ropes?:rolleyes:

My last cruise on Indy I upgraded to a GS from a balcony for less than $300/pp (if there is a B2B2B2B for that money, please let me know), ate with the commoners in the WJ and couldn't tell you where the Concierge Lounge was located, though Raj did come to my cabin to say hi.

Staying in a suite does not make me any better or worse than you. It simply means that I chose a different class cabin than you.

Were you the one sneering at me as I sunned behind my blue velvet ropes?:rolleyes:

My last cruise on Indy I upgraded to a GS from a balcony for less than $300/pp (if there is a B2B2B2B for that money, please let me know), ate with the commoners in the WJ and couldn't tell you where the Concierge Lounge was located, though Raj did come to my cabin to say hi.

Staying in a suite does not make me any better or worse than you. It simply means that I chose a different class cabin than you.

Well said!!

We are sailing in a GS in December and we are new Diamond. What color will our card be?

Unless something changes between now and then, Gold.

Edited by clarea

If the day ever comes that I am lucky enough to have $$$ for a suite, I fully expect the plebs in steerage to genuflect if I am unfortunate enough to have them pass me in the corridor or .... heaven forbid if I am forced into sharing an elevator! only kidding!

You know, the beauty of a cruise vacation is that you get to meet people from different places, who are at different stages of life and who put value on different things. My husband would refuse to go if we weren't in a balcony, yet I would sleep in the janitors closet if it meant a vacation!!

I believe the suite life on NCL is something very special though

Sure, but it looked to me like the OP was on Liberty.

It's in the signature John, and I don't think you see those.

Yes, you're right, we will be in a GS on the Liberty in December. I neglected to mention the name of the ship in my question. Sorry about that!

It's interesting to know their a different card colors (for suites) depending on the ship. I didn't know that before. Learned something new today! :D

Yes, you're right, we will be in a GS on the Liberty in December. I neglected to mention the name of the ship in my question. Sorry about that!

It's interesting to know their a different card colors (for suites) depending on the ship. I didn't know that before. Learned something new today! :D

The ships with the new suite program (Oasis and Quantum classes) have the the new card colors to differentiate the 3 different classes of suites plus Pinnacle members.

The other ships just have Gold for full suite and Pinnacle, Silver for JS, and Blue for everyone else.

Planning a vacation 10 years in advance is absurd.

LOL I guess time share resorts do not appeal to you.

I like suites also occasionally but to say you should only live for the moment is absurd.

Blue-collar got himself in trouble by saying the unwashed masses and implying anyone in suites was a fiscal idiot. Most of us have no idea what anyones financial situation is so let everyone spend their money how they please, whether it be in an inside or living it up in a Royal Family Suite with a hot tub. ( Man I want that cabin!)

Edited by tinkr2

to say you should only live for the moment is absurd

Never ever said that nor implied. Just saying someone arguing that they have 9 years of cruise vacations lined up is absurd IMO.

Edited by Moltar

Never ever said that nor implied. Just saying someone arguing that they have 9 years of cruise vacations lined up is absurd IMO.

I assumed blue collar meant having the funds available for 9 years of vacations...

The picture below shows the sign posted by the Suite Sun Deck and shows the cards for Star and Sky class Suites and Pinnacle on Oasis/Quantum class ships. Sea Class has it's own color cards but I don't have a picture of them.

532b2b435a843fd011e0b3257273e77c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We booked an Aqua Theater suite on Allure for our special anniversary. The suite was great but did not think the additional benefits were worth the much higher cost of a suite based on our Diamond Plus benefits. The Suites Lounge was nice but the location of the Diamond Lounge (formerly the Concierge Lounge) has a better view. We were unimpressed with Costal Kitchen and while we liked the private sun deck area and expedited disembarkation the value was not there for us.

The picture below shows the sign posted by the Suite Sun Deck and shows the cards for Star and Sky class Suites and Pinnacle on Oasis/Quantum class ships. Sea Class has it's own color cards but I don't have a picture of them.

532b2b435a843fd011e0b3257273e77c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This picture is great! I appreciate you taking the time to post it. We haven't cruised on the mega ships yet but plan to take one sometime in the near future. I think being in a suite on one of the Oasis/Quantum ships would be an awesome experience!

Thanks!

This picture is great! I appreciate you taking the time to post it. We haven't cruised on the mega ships yet but plan to take one sometime in the near future. I think being in a suite on one of the Oasis/Quantum ships would be an awesome experience!

Thanks!

While on board Liberty a couple of months ago, we went checked out Allure VS Liberty for a GS, Allure was more that 1,000 more, so we booked Liberty again and also Navigator both in GS, future cruise people were in suite lounge several nights on Liberty. Sooner or later we will book the big ones.

We booked an Aqua Theater suite on Allure for our special anniversary. The suite was great but did not think the additional benefits were worth the much higher cost of a suite based on our Diamond Plus benefits. The Suites Lounge was nice but the location of the Diamond Lounge (formerly the Concierge Lounge) has a better view. We were unimpressed with Costal Kitchen and while we liked the private sun deck area and expedited disembarkation the value was not there for us.

Was that before the new suite program? We haven't sailed in the 'Royal Suite Class' yet. I know everyone has their preferences but I never liked the view from the old CL on Oasis Class ships and much prefer the SL and Coastal Kitchen views. We're all different.