Dumb newbie Escape question

Grumpy and I love our adult pool time. I have been reading about the olympic sprint and extra charge for the vibe area. But what about Spice H2o? That grotto area looks sweet. Do people sit in there? We are not big swimmers, just like hanging at the edge or sitting in a shallow adult kiddie pool. Will spice meet our needs? Tia:D

Grumpy and I love our adult pool time. I have been reading about the olympic sprint and extra charge for the vibe area. But what about Spice H2o? That grotto area looks sweet. Do people sit in there? We are not big swimmers' date=' just like hanging at the edge or sitting in a shallow adult kiddie pool. Will spice meet our needs? Tia:D[/quote']

I think so from what you have said. We used Spice H2o the last 2 years on the Getaway and loved it. Adult only during the day , a bar, hot tubs and the grotto to cool off . The escape's Grotto is even bigger so that's where we will be heading.

You said you and Grumpy love your pool time, but neither Vibe nor Spice H2O have pools, so these won't meet that need. Yes, the grotto is nice and people do sit there. It can get crowded in Spice, but I never noticed the gotto itself being crowded at all. Most the time it seemed empty. Both Spice and Vibe have hot tubs.

I wondered if i had missed that. So the pool is the main " family" pool? Like kids and " accidental releases"? Lol! I think we'll find a corner in the grotto. Thanks for clearing that up! P.s will they let you bring drinks in ( plastic cups of course)?

I wondered if i had missed that. So the pool is the main " family" pool? Like kids and " accidental releases"? Lol! I think we'll find a corner in the grotto. Thanks for clearing that up! P.s will they let you bring drinks in ( plastic cups of course)?

There's a bar right there. Drink all you want.

One of the pools is adult but is isn't near the grotto. The other pool is near the kid's area.

There are two pools. One adult pool. One family pool All the pool areas get very crowded. If you just want to enjoy the sun and go and cool off periodically, the Spice H20 is a nice adults only retreat.

We are more of the spa type people and spend a lot of time in the thermal suite with heated rock loungers, regular loungers and a large hydrotherapy pool of hot bubbly water (along with the saunas, salt baths, steam room, and snow room).

You mean can you bring your drinks right into the grotto? I don't know, but I'd sure hope not. :rolleyes:

Grumpy and I love our adult pool time. I have been reading about the olympic sprint and extra charge for the vibe area. But what about Spice H2o? That grotto area looks sweet. Do people sit in there? We are not big swimmers' date=' just like hanging at the edge or sitting in a shallow adult kiddie pool. Will spice meet our needs? Tia:D[/quote']

Just off the Escape last week. I was astounded at the crowding on the pool decks. The pools are unbelievably small for a ship with over 3,000 passengers. The sun decks so crowded with deck loungers in every nook and cranny that you can't walk through them without stepping aside for people to pass. There's no "olympic" sized sprint pool that I'm aware of..not sure where you heard that.

Just off the Escape last week. I was astounded at the crowding on the pool decks. The pools are unbelievably small for a ship with over 3,000 passengers. The sun decks so crowded with deck loungers in every nook and cranny that you can't walk through them without stepping aside for people to pass. There's no "olympic" sized sprint pool that I'm aware of..not sure where you heard that.[/quote. I was referring to the running of the bulls marathon to get vibe passes once onboard. I have only read about it, never witnessed. The reviews i have read all describe the same camotion though! Worth it? Only if theres a pool in there i guess!

I wasn't crazy about the Grotto. It looked cool in the pictures, but once on board it quickly became crowded and dark in there. To answer your question, yes you can sit in there. It does get very crowded though. There were a ton of people in there, with their drinks. If you don't like sitting in the sun, it will be perfect for you, but claim your spot early. ;-)

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

I wasn't crazy about the Grotto. It looked cool in the pictures, but once on board it quickly became crowded and dark in there. To answer your question, yes you can sit in there. It does get very crowded though. There were a ton of people in there, with their drinks. If you don't like sitting in the sun, it will be perfect for you, but claim your spot early. ;-)

Isn't it crazy how things like this can vary so much cruise to cruise!? It was basically empty every time we checked it out on our cruise. (Which wasn't a lot, since we were mostly in Vibe, but still...) We even talked about what a waste of space it was since no one was sitting in there, just a few wandering through now and then like we did.

^^ I totally agree.

Every picture that I took of the grotto shows that it was empty. I think people are confused by it.

Could you please tell me what the Grotto is? I have been on the Breakaway and Getaway and I am not sure what area everyone is referring to. Thank you !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be on the Escape on 7/9. I had planned on using this area, but assumed you just did your walk through to cool off and then exited. How did people just sit in there? Are there rocky ledges to sit on or did people drag chairs in there and just hung out there? I hope no chairs. When you say claim your spot early, are there grotto hogs now:eek:

Mary Ann

I agree, I am confused by what people mean when they say people were "sitting in" the grotto. Put your butt on the rocks and just lean against the rock?

When I was on Escape in March, there was no one "sitting" in there. To OP, in case you can't tell from the photos, it has about three inches of water in it. Definitely not enough water to soak in, if that's what you were expecting.

I'm not sure why people would want to bring their drinks in there. It's a waterfall feature and the last thing I would want in my drink is splashes of dirty recycled water. And as a bonus, Feet Juice! :eek:

I agree, I am confused by what people mean when they say people were "sitting in" the grotto. Put your butt on the rocks and just lean against the rock?

When I was on Escape in March, there was no one "sitting" in there. To OP, in case you can't tell from the photos, it has about three inches of water in it. Definitely not enough water to soak in, if that's what you were expecting.

I'm not sure why people would want to bring their drinks in there. It's a waterfall feature and the last thing I would want in my drink is splashes of dirty recycled water. And as a bonus, Feet Juice! :eek:

I can see how you could plant your butt on those rocks, and it looks like it was designed for that. It sounds like on Sissaaa's cruise, some people probably did this, and then everyone else followed suit until it was packed. On mine, yours, and it sounds like some others, no one thought to do this, and just walked and stood under waterfalls a bit, then moved on. I'll bet if we'd sat down, a bunch of people would have followed along, and it would have then been crowded.