Sailing on the Marina

blambition

My all-time favorite dessert is chocolate soufflé, will I find it anywhere on the ship or should I just get it out of my head right now? Also has anyone had cabin 9090 which is an inside cabin on the ninth deck next to a large white open space on the deck plan? As I know there's never a way to tell what is actually an open space unless you have ever been in that cabin to know if it is quiet? Thank you and advance for any information, we are very excited about our first Oceania cruise!!

15553122f82608a08b2fb8fb4a5cabe6.jpg

Hopefully I have posted a photo of the Jacques menu, which includes chocolate soufflé. I ordered different variations at least twice during our cruise on the Marina. Very good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One additional question, I realized that we booked our cruise during the time of Super Bowl, would they show the game on the ship? True Colorado Bronco fan!!!

Sometimes they do show it, sometimes not - depending on where the ship is at the time and what channels they can receive.

PS And here I thought they were the DENVER Broncos :D

My all-time favorite dessert is chocolate soufflé, will I find it anywhere on the ship or should I just get it out of my head right now?

Occasionally, a chocolate souffle is offered for dessert in the GDR. It's very good and when I see it, I always get it. Delicious!

Excited about the replies, and yes we live right outside of Denver so I am a huge fan of the Denver Broncos !!!! I doubt we will have the same team that we had last year, so I don't forsee us being in the Super Bowl this year anyway[emoji19]

Edited by blambition

My girlfriend and I were talking today that perhaps I could go into Jacques one evening just for dessert, when I see it on the menu. Perhaps if I asked nicely they would make me one that I could take back to my cabin. I have not had a good chocolate soufflé in years!

My girlfriend and I were talking today that perhaps I could go into Jacques one evening just for dessert, when I see it on the menu. Perhaps if I asked nicely they would make me one that I could take back to my cabin. I have not had a good chocolate soufflé in years!

That could be a tricky request because getting food from the Specialty Restaurants for consumption in the cabin is something -along with having a Butler- which comes with staying in a Suite on Oceania.

marina-penthouse-suite.jpgOC_PH_enCA.jpg

Of course, if you're already in a Suite (I have no idea!) the Butler will deliver said soufflé as often as you desire when they appear on the menu!

Jacques prepares them with a heavenly Orange Sauce.......Enjoy!

052907.jpg

I guess I'm going to be disappointed since quite the opposite cabin category for us. We are in an inside cabin in order to try out Oceania! Most of our past cruises we have taken balconies, but I would rather try an inside cabin and still be on this ship! My husband and I have been on over 100 cruises, including Crystal and Azamara, however the rest have been on mostly Princess, Royal Caribbean, etc. there are a couple of Cruise Lines that I have not gone on in many many years and do not plan to repeat! Unfortunately for health reasons we have not been able to sail the last couple of cruises we had planned, including one just last month on Celebrity due to the death of my best friend and our traveling companion.

Perhaps as someone else suggested they will allow us to come in and just sit down and have dessert, as we only get reservations for two of the specialty dining rooms on our seven day cruise. Even with that I have a feeling we will have to take what we can as far as those reservation go, since we will be among the last to be able to make a reservation.

May I ask one more question regarding the artist loft? How often do they have classes in there, and are they different types meaning, watercolor, oil, charcoal? I assume that they charge for the classes, any idea what they cost? I would love to partake in these classes! Truly hoping that they do not have them at 9 AM LOL

Deepest sympathies on the passing of your friend. I know exactly what you are going through because we lost a very dear "traveling friend" this year. He was a frequent contributor here on Cruise Critic, and I miss him in my life, and on Cruise Critic, every day.

Two things about Oceania that I think you should know ASAP:

1) The two reservations which you speak of are Guarantees, not limitations. They are offered to insure that everyone on the ship gets a chance to "try out" the Specialties during every cruise. There are no limitations on how many times ANY passenger, in ANY type of room may dine in the Specialty Restaurants. After the Guarantees are satisfied it is first come first served for those venues by making additional reservations whilst on the ship.

2) There are no fees for the classes in the Artist Loft, but what the classes are will be dependent on the skills of the Instructor who is sailing with you. Announcements are made in the ships newspaper, and they will have "sign in sheets" in the Loft during the voyage.

Classes book up quickly, so don't wait to sign in!

Enjoy your trip!!

Perhaps as someone else suggested they will allow us to come in and just sit down and have dessert, as we only get reservations for two of the specialty dining rooms on our seven day cruise. Even with that I have a feeling we will have to take what we can as far as those reservation go, since we will be among the last to be able to make a reservation.

Please expound on this. There are 4 specialty restaurants on Marina, you will be guaranteed 1 advance reservation in each of them. What made you think different?

On the first point though, I doubt they'll let you come in and just have a dessert. It doesn't really work that way.

15553122f82608a08b2fb8fb4a5cabe6.jpg

Hopefully I have posted a photo of the Jacques menu, which includes chocolate soufflé. I ordered different variations at least twice during our cruise on the Marina. Very good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You did post a photo, but it's unreadable. If the Jacques menu has a chocolate souffle on it then it's a pretty new addition. I've cruised quite a few days on the O ships(including 32 on Marina about 4 months ago) and have never seen a Chocolate Souffle on the Jacques menu. Maybe a special, but not a regular item. I love the Goat cheese souffle they have though.

I was under the impression that on a seven day cruise we were allowed to only book 2 of the specialty restaurants in advance. Please correct me if I am wrong. Since my husband would prefer Italian cuisine over French and I know we both would want to dine in Polo grill I would want to take him into consideration. I would certainly love it if we could get another night booked at Jacques! I am very much looking forward to meeting others on this cruise, as we have mostly cruised with the other couple in the last 30 years. I can't even remember the last cruise that my husband and I took just the two of us! Since we are both very friendly and outgoing, I expect that we will meet very interesting people along the way and perhaps enjoy dining with others during this vacation. Did not really book this trip with the ports in mind! We just love being on a ship!!!

StanandJim, I am sending you my deepest condolences on the loss of your friend also! I definitely know the void there is in our lives with my girlfriend being gone, so I completely understand what you are feeling. If you are like me you speak to your friend every day.

Thank you for the information on the art classes, no matter what they're offering I will be sure to sign up as soon as possible. That is one thing that I would love to partake in.

I usually love to gamble on cruises, but they don't have a Let it Ride table on this size ship! Might actually save some money, unless I find a craps table LOL

You are GUARANTEED one reservation in each of the four specialty restaurants and you should do so at your earliest opportunity.

Additional reservations MAY be available once onboard. The more flexible you are with time (I.e. Late dining) and table size (I.e. Sharing tables) the more likely you are to land additional reservations.

As to meeting others - why not get a head start on your roll call.

I was under the impression that on a seven day cruise we were allowed to only book 2 of the specialty restaurants in advance. Please correct me if I am wrong. Since my husband would prefer Italian cuisine over French and I know we both would want to dine in Polo grill I would want to take him into consideration. I would certainly love it if we could get another night booked at Jacques! I am very much looking forward to meeting others on this cruise, as we have mostly cruised with the other couple in the last 30 years. I can't even remember the last cruise that my husband and I took just the two of us! Since we are both very friendly and outgoing, I expect that we will meet very interesting people along the way and perhaps enjoy dining with others during this vacation. Did not really book this trip with the ports in mind! We just love being on a ship!!!

You are wrong on that, these are the rules, highlighted by me to show where you fall under them:

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Number of guests per table:

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

Please note that those four would be the number of reservations which are guaranteed to you (and which you may place before the voyage begins) Additional reservations may be available, once you are onboard.

Edited by StanandJim