Blu on the Solstice

farsight

We will be sailing soon on the Solstice. Is it possible to get escargot in Blu? For that matter, is it possible to get any of the other appetizers/desserts that are served every evening in the MD (Timeless Starters/Classic favorites)?

While this question is being addressed regarding Blu on the Solstice it may be more accurately addressed to Blu on all ships.

Blu has it's own "every day" menu items which are similar to the main dining room. You will love Blu - it's a great atmosphere and the wait staff/chefs are in a much better position to customize things for you, bring extra portions or change the vegetable on a plate or add things like a side of broccoli, etc. They've only got a couple hundred people to serve at most instead of a couple thousand. You're not going to miss the MDR.

Don't forget at least one time to order the "everyday" chocolate cake. It sounds benign, like ho hum. OMG it's wonderful. Rich and thick and with a ganache icing. I had them get me some when I was in Luminae I liked it so much!

I think you can also get snails. I hate them but I believe I've seen them, and it's my thinking that they're available in pretty much any dining venue. They seem to be fairly popular. You can have MY escargot!

Edited by ClaudiaB

Thanks ClaudiaB. DW and I have been wanting to go Aqua Class and dine in Blu since we went on the Infinite 6 years ago and started looking into other Celebrity ships. This is the year! Just hope the food in Blu isn't too healthy. :D

Thanks for the chocolate cake tip!

Edited by farsight

We travel in Aqua and eat in Blu. My wife thought snails are disgusting, but a couple of years ago, a table mate teased my wife into just tasting one of escargot. She has been in love with escargot every since. Although not on the Blu menu, she gets escargot every evening. Other appetizers, salads, and starters not on the menu are available too, just ask.

We love the food and staff in Blu. I think you will too. We will be eating in Blu on the Solstice this next September. Can't wait!

Edited by El Crucero

Last fall I got Escargot, Caesar salad, and French Onion soup anytime I wanted in Blu on Infinity. I am hoping will be the case in Blu on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks. :D

We left the Eclipse on May 22nd after a month onboard, and the items from the "every night" MDR were readily available in Blu. I frequently had the French onion soup and shrimp cocktails.

However, we were on the Equinox for a B2B2B series last fall. The first two legs of that series were in an Aqua stateroom. The first night a gentleman seated next to us asked for a caesar salad, and the waiter rather "crisply" (wasn't really rude, but was rather "crisp") told him that they would do it once, and in the future if he wanted items from the MDR menu, even those on the "every night" section, then he should ask to be seated in the MDR. And during those two cruises we didn't see shrimp cocktails, French onion soup, escargot and so forth being served nightly. So it would be helpful for someone who has been in Blu on the Solstice recently to comment on their experience.

There is a "special" menu that is presented to you in Blu on the first night. It lists those items that are available nightly in addition to the menu. It includes escargot, Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, etc.

There are some regular desserts on the Blu menu like apple pie, ice cream, cre will have plenty of options.

Looks like there is a much better than average chance that we will get our escargot in Blu. Thanks all. Keep weighing in folks if you have a related experience.

Edited by farsight
change tense