Guarantee suites

divsec

Just got assignment for Canada to Ft. Lauderdale 14 day cruise

Was assigned cabin 521. I am happy that it is midship and will

have no balcony to our left. I was worried about possibility of smokers on both sides so this is good. However will there be noise from the

elevator? I have written to my TA for info. I wonder if there will be any upsell offers? Will the TA left me know? I am using the agency that works with Seabourn Cadence. If you are on a cruise now could you ask someone by the elevators if it is an issue? I know that is asking a lot.

:o

We were 534 on Odyssey so no issue but those elevators are so silent, I fell asleep riding to the observation lounge, or was it from? Only the voice of the lively lady telling me quietly the floor woke me. I don't think I have heard of elevator noise on Seabourn.

Enjoy your cruise. You will have quick access to observation lounge.

have no balcony to our left. I was worried about possibility of smokers on both sides so this is good. However will there be noise from the

elevator? I have written to my TA for info. I wonder if there will be any upsell offers? Will the TA left me know? I am using the agency that works with Seabourn Cadence. If you are on a cruise now could you ask someone by the elevators if it is an issue? I know that is asking a lot.

No noise from elevator at all & hopefully no smoke from your only neighbour.

Enjoy.

Roxburgh...we leave for Barcelona tomorrow and will be joining you on the 17th. We also did the Guarantee and got a V5 on deck 6 and are quite pleased about it. Really looking forward to this.

We got Deck 6 too .... 633. We leave on Friday and should get to Barcelona on Saturday around 10.30am.

We will be on-board until November 3rd. Although we have been in the Western Med before, most of the ports on this cruise are not places we have visited before. So should be a lot of fun.

Roxburgh - just (nosily) looked up your suite. A very handy spot on the ship, but never having had a 3 person suite I wonder what the difference is. I imagine just a larger, more comfortable sofa? Well, I hope more comfortable, as they are notoriously hard. I imagine that it is just for two of you, though?

Roxburgh - just (nosily) looked up your suite. A very handy spot on the ship, but never having had a 3 person suite I wonder what the difference is. I imagine just a larger, more comfortable sofa? Well, I hope more comfortable, as they are notoriously hard. I imagine that it is just for two of you, though?

Yes, just for the two of us. I did do a search for both 633 and three person suites on CC and came up with nothing negative. As this is a port intensive cruise anyway, I doubt we will be spending a lot of time in the suite other than sleeping.

Oh, I am sure there won't be negatives. Just wondered if anyone had had one, and if, presumably, the sofa was what the third person slept on, made up as a bed by the stewardess in the evening.

Update: Just got a paid upgrade offer to Penthouse at a price which I thought was reasonable. So we accepted it.

Hi Neighbor,

Off topic but being relatively new to Az we find flying to Europe a challenge.Have you found an easy way or I should say not as difficult.

I hope I have not asked you this before.

Thanks

The only (relatively) easy way to fly to Europe is the direct British Airways flight to London. Otherwise you need to connect through somewhere like Dallas or Chicago.

We also have a beach house in Massachusetts so, for this next cruise, we are leaving from Boston with Aer Lingus to Dublin and then Aer Lingus down to Barcelona.

We chose Aer Lingus for two reasons. First is that their Business Class fare was very reasonably priced and the second is, coming home, we clear US immigration in Dublin.

The only (relatively) easy way to fly to Europe is the direct British Airways flight to London. Otherwise you need to connect through somewhere like Dallas or Chicago.

We also have a beach house in Massachusetts so, for this next cruise, we are leaving from Boston with Aer Lingus to Dublin and then Aer Lingus down to Barcelona.

We chose Aer Lingus for two reasons. First is that their Business Class fare was very reasonably priced and the second is, coming home, we clear US immigration in Dublin.

Thanks.We used BA in Aug but for our next trip getting to Greece is a real pain.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks.We used BA in Aug but for our next trip getting to Greece is a real pain.

Enjoy your trip.

The one time we cruised out of Athens (with Seabourn), we flew into Heathrow with BA, spent the night at the Sofitel and flew down to Athens the next morning (all on the same ticket). We found that to be far less stressful than trying to make a connection which would have got us into Athens fairly late in the evening. Instead, we had friends come and pick us up and we all went to a lovely country restaurant near to Windsor.

The only down side to the Aer Lingus flight is it is one of the shortest transatlantic flights out there with a scheduled flight time of 6 hours. I have found that is a pretty padded flight time. If you have any desire to enjoy an onboard meal you really have a very small window for sleep.

The only down side to the Aer Lingus flight is it is one of the shortest transatlantic flights out there with a scheduled flight time of 6 hours. I have found that is a pretty padded flight time. If you have any desire to enjoy an onboard meal you really have a very small window for sleep.

Agreed! But none of the flights from the east coast to western Europe are great from that perspective. Just have to push on through when we get there.

Thank you all. We got the upsell offer today and switched to a Penthouse

918 so hope I am still lucky with no smokers nearby. But I thought the price for upgrade was really good. That same room on a trip later on for only 10 days was double the price. Very excited now. I still wonder what is the major difference between the unobstructed and obstructed balconies. I still can't find a good photo.

77524a3ac86656384a382ff4db54a325.jpgbd82edfb0c61e98b6263a7f88535d8ad.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkmiausa

"Thank you all. We got the upsell offer today and switched to a Penthouse

918 so hope I am still lucky with no smokers nearby. But I thought the price for upgrade was really good. That same room on a trip later on for only 10 days was double the price. Very excited now. I still wonder what is the major difference between the unobstructed and obstructed balconies. I still can't find a good photo."

I think the obstructed balconies on Decks 9&10 refer to 926 & 1025 on the Starboard side, where the superstructure intrudes (see photos)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SKP946

Kk, penthouse spa is a good deal bigger than PH, and has lots of special spa amenities, special spa snacks, drinks etc, and use of spa circuit throughout cruise and larger balcony. I liked the decor better as it was lighter in colour in ph spa. I really like both to be honest and ph are more convenient for observation lounge etc. We had more soot from ph spa on balcony and more movement as well.

I'm on the same cruise and still waiting for my assignment.

This is the norm in my experience. As discussed way earlier in the thread no clue in what order SB does the allocations, or even why they don't just have a system where they press one button and it allocates everyone who's on GTY for a specific cruise. Odd. Am waiting patiently but still expecting The Punishment Suite ;)

kkmiausa, there should be no noise from the elevators, but I've also just seen that you took the upsell to PH so no longer an issue.

Save

Save

Save

As discussed way earlier in the thread no clue in what order SB does the allocations, or even why they don't just have a system where they press one button and it allocates everyone who's on GTY for a specific cruise.

One issue might be that they are still selling suites for any given cruise. I have tried to look up how "full " the cruise I am taking is at this point (5 weeks out for a 21 day cruise) but all I can find online is "call for availability". Which at least suggests that it is not sold out. I imagine they are not willing to assign cabins until they know that they are finished with new bookings and have a closed roster. And I also imagine when that happens varies from cruise to cruise for them.

Two days ago I was able to see over 30 cabins "available" on the Seabourn website for our October 21st Montreal to FLL cruise. As of yesterday, all categories showed up as "call".

10 days ago it showed over 70 available. Wonder how crowded the ship will be.

Edited by MPCakes

One issue might be that they are still selling suites for any given cruise. I have tried to look up how "full " the cruise I am taking is at this point (5 weeks out for a 21 day cruise) but all I can find online is "call for availability". Which at least suggests that it is not sold out. I imagine they are not willing to assign cabins until they know that they are finished with new bookings and have a closed roster. And I also imagine when that happens varies from cruise to cruise for them.

I'm not privy to how Seabourn handles allocations. But I should imagine they have a complex computer based algorithm which looks at what has already been sold, what they think demand is (based on historic trends) and then comes up with what they need to allocate and when as well as what they think they can up-sell and at what prices.

Two days ago I was able to see over 30 cabins "available" on the Seabourn website for our October 21st Montreal to FLL cruise. As of yesterday, all categories showed up as "call".

10 days ago it showed over 70 available. Wonder how crowded the ship will be.

It'll be full I would guess. I suspect the suites go on "call" during periods of up selling.

I'm not privy to how Seabourn handles allocations. But I should imagine they have a complex computer based algorithm which looks at what has already been sold, what they think demand is (based on historic trends) and then comes up with what they need to allocate and when as well as what they think they can up-sell and at what prices.

I think so too.

Looking at my cruise history, SB would see that I book different categories of suite from V1 upward. But I book them at the time I make my initial reservation. I've already made up my mind which suite category I prefer for that cruise. . In other words, if I'd wanted to be in a higher category than veranda suite on this cruise, I'd have already booked it instead of going for OB GTY.

I had word from my TA of two different offers for upsell to PH on this cruise but I didn't feel that either of the two prices were a good deal and I'm happy with V1 and above this time.

Actually, given the climate we'll be in for the majority of the cruise I was thinking maybe I should have given an OV a try,balcony isn't really necessary this time.

So, I'm wondering if this is why I always seem to be the last on the list, at least among fellow CC posters, when it comes to finding out my allocation when I book a GTY. I'm not going to be a successful upsell, so they're doing as much upselling as they can with other guests and I'll get the last veranda that remains. (punishment suite :D:D)

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save