Guarantee suites

divsec

I could not tell from your posts what ship you were on, but I can tell you that on the Quest in September there was coffee, juice, muffins, croissants etc in the Observation lounge each morning. (I was there at least half of the mornings). And at least on the several evenings I was there pre-dinner, there were canapes - both plates available from the bartender as well as passed.

I think Divsec is on Odyssey from previous comments.

If it's who I think it is, I can believe that about attention seeking! I think he's currently described as a 'media personality' Must admit I haven't given him a thought for about a decade, since his jungle experiences.

Am assuming this is someone known the Brits. None of this makes any sense to me, but I also don't need to know who this was :)

:confused:

What did I say ?

Or is Flamin June our mystery 'celeb' ? :eek:

Save

Edited to add I've just seen some other posts on similar vein and if someone has a problem with my use of English, it's not my first language.

I am neither a mystery nor a celeb.

I think, but this could be a long shot, that Stams is referring to the Joseph Losey directed movie 'The Servant' , screenplay by Harold Pinter.

In another thread I made an allusion to Harold Pinter, whose plays sometime feature rather disconnected or enigmatic dialogue, punctuated by long pauses - a style of writing that is also seen in the works of Samuel Beckett, for example 'Waiting for Godot'.

Stams could also be referring to the enigmatic exchanges about the identity of the so-called celebrity in this thread. I quite like the cryptic quality of these, but am not sure why everyone is being coy about revealing this person's identity.

Edited by Flamin_June
removal of stray comma

Sorry folks we were on Odyssey. Interesting the difference between Quest and Odyssey in the observation lounge, could it be med and North America having different settings? ( I wanted to say standards but that felt wrong)

Sorry folks we were on Odyssey. Interesting the difference between Quest and Odyssey in the observation lounge, could it be med and North America having different settings? ( I wanted to say standards but that felt wrong)

That's really disappointing news about the early morning coffee, we really enjoyed it on Sojourn in August and can't understand why it should disappear. Surely it can't cost Seabourn all that much?

That's really disappointing news about the early morning coffee, we really enjoyed it on Sojourn in August and can't understand why it should disappear. Surely it can't cost Seabourn all that much?

Can report it was available on Sojourn last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think, but this could be a long shot, that Stams is referring to the Joseph Losey directed movie 'The Servant' , screenplay by Harold Pinter.

In another thread I made an allusion to Harold Pinter, whose plays sometime feature rather disconnected or enigmatic dialogue, punctuated by long pauses - a style of writing that is also seen in the works of Samuel Beckett, for example 'Waiting for Godot'.

Stams could also be referring to the enigmatic exchanges about the identity of the so-called celebrity in this thread. I quite like the cryptic quality of these, but am not sure why everyone is being coy about revealing this person's identity.

FJ - perceptive as ever - got it in one.

That's a fair question. I mean why mention celebrities on board if you won't enlighten us?

I know how complicated the emotions are on both sides- those in the know and those with inquiring minds!

A year and a half ago I was on an Odyssey cruise with none other than Newt Gingrich (most recently a senior advisor to Donald Trump's presidential campaign and vp wannabee) and Calista. Did I crow about it and seek to attract attention to myself? Sharing the Sky Bar, a tender and waiting 15 minutes past departure time for them to join our Seabourn tour bus in Greece? No, I did not.

That is testament to good manners and discretion.

Yes, we know we were just soooo fortunate. And I only mention it now for instructive purposes.

Happy and healthy sailing!

I am new to this Board and Forum, and, for that matter, to Seabourn itself (although a long time member of some other busy travel boards). Don't want to get in the way of the moderators, but it seems to me that we have strayed wildly off the topic of "guaranteed/open suites".

Do we perhaps need a new thread for those who want to discuss celebrity sightings and the pros and cons, etiquette etc. of identifying by name, or mentioning them at all?

I am new to this Board and Forum, and, for that matter, to Seabourn itself (although a long time member of some other busy travel boards). Don't want to get in the way of the moderators, but it seems to me that we have strayed wildly off the topic of "guaranteed/open suites".

Do we perhaps need a new thread for those who want to discuss celebrity sightings and the pros and cons, etiquette etc. of identifying by name, or mentioning them at all?

Done

zentraveler - you are quite right, of course. It happens on many threads, on all different line forums. Just human nature, I guess. Guarantee suites seem to have moved temporarily to the one about price reductions. Sorry, some of it is my fault!

Thank you for the explanation. I'm aware that my written Engish isn't the best so I hope Stamfordian was referring more the enigmatic exchanges rather than my 'disconnected dialogue'!

I can't speak for others but the reason that I didn't name the person because I wasn't sure whether my guess was correct. Apparently it was correct, so now I'm just being a sheep and not naming because nobody else has.

zentraveler - you are quite right, of course. It happens on many threads, on all different line forums. Just human nature, I guess. Guarantee suites seem to have moved temporarily to the one about price reductions. Sorry, some of it is my fault!

Human nature indeed lincslady. And hardly a transgression; as we say these days, a first world problem! And we had already veered off track...

Was not meaning to be critical but to suggest that we might be burying an interesting topic by having it come up in such an unrelated thread. Thanks divsec for the new thread heading. Aside from what seems like a natural interest in famous or well known people (witness the success of tabloids), there are also the compelling issues of their privacy, our freedom of expression and experience etc. I suspect that over time there will be some very interesting comments and opinions on the new celebrity thread.

We head off to Barcelona to join Sojourn on the 17th. Due to attractive pricing we booked a guarantee. We have been assigned a V5 so pretty happy overall.

Congrats Roxburgh. We will be in the same position for a Quest OB assignment for November. Will post our assignment here too.

Just got assignment for Canada to Ft. Lauderdale 14 day cruise

Was assigned cabin 521. I am happy that it is midship and will

have no balcony to our left. I was worried about possibility of smokers on both sides so this is good. However will there be noise from the

elevator? I have written to my TA for info. I wonder if there will be any upsell offers? Will the TA left me know? I am using the agency that works with Seabourn Cadence. If you are on a cruise now could you ask someone by the elevators if it is an issue? I know that is asking a lot.

:o