Bad reviews

byanks7

Most negative reviews are entertaining for the most part. The "problems are almost always self inflicted. It makes one wonder how folks can be either so stupid or self centered or both.....There is a very occasional "problem" but I have rarely seen a situation that couldn't have been resolved more easily if the poster understood how things work or had a different attitude going in. I suspect many of these folks for one of few the few times in their lives are in a position where they can exert themselves and take full advantage of it. They don't have the understanding of how easily the person across the counter receiving the pax "expectations" from them can make the situation even worse............. whether they drag their feet apply the letter of the law, or the most famous of all send them elsewhere in an endless loop of "talk to so and so"

Don't like the smell in a stairwell? Take a different set of stairs. Don't like your meal? ask for something else? It amazing just how much service the humble, polite, and a person who shows respect to the staff get. Don't like a venue (food or entertainment) go somewhere else there are plenty of choices.

Its also no secret that the inside passenger with a blue card is going to get as good if not better service than the demanding black card suite customer.

In 50 plus cruise on princess I have never had an experience or cruise worthy of some of the "reviews" I have seen here. Its clear some folks find some level of importance in showing just how "critical" they can be.

Thanks for this thread. My first cruise on Princess (the Royal) is nearing PIF date and I made the mistake of checking out CC reviews recently. They made me pretty nervous.

We were on the Royal in January for our 40th anny. I was so excited.....then read a bunch of negative stuff.....then I was anxious we wouldn't have a good time.

It was just fabulous and we had a blast.

I actually quit reading the Facebook group for this very reason. I find CC a lot more positive than FB (mostly)

We were on the Royal in January for our 40th anny. I was so excited.....then read a bunch of negative stuff.....then I was anxious we wouldn't have a good time.

It was just fabulous and we had a blast.

I actually quit reading the Facebook group for this very reason. I find CC a lot more positive than FB (mostly)

Thanks! I was checking out some YouTube video of our stateroom category last night, as well as reading some threads regarding IC and the buffet being good, and that all cheered me up a lot.

In 50 plus cruise on princess I have never had an experience or cruise worthy of some of the "reviews" I have seen here. Its clear some folks find some level of importance in showing just how "critical" they can be.
I agree. The definition of a critic is, "one who makes a value judgment." It does not mean to negatively sound off about anything and everything.

Thanks! I was checking out some YouTube video of our stateroom category last night, as well as reading some threads regarding IC and the buffet being good, and that all cheered me up a lot.

If you haven't viewed the 3,000+ Regal photos stick at the top of this forum, there are useful photos including some 360° views.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/

I've enjoyed over 6 weeks on the Royal & Regal and would happily sail on them again...they have many, many more pros than a couple of cons for me. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just returned from the British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We ate dinner in the main dining room and only once did I have a "bad meal". Even the waiter was cross that the kitchen has sent it out.

Some dishes were really tasty and some beef lovely and tender. Other steaks were "tougher" but that's life. No problem and there was always something nice to eat. I had so many creme brûlée desserts (not on the same evening though) that I was giving each one marks out of 10!

The one thing that sticks out for me in the buffet was the ham on the sandwiches over lunchtime. It tasted like really cheap ham and was horrid. But there was always something else which tasted better.

So ignore others comments and make up your own mind when you get there.

Happy cruising. Will write a review on my cruise soon.

I was very excited about a possible cruise on the Carribean Princess in December before reading the negative reviews about bland food in the MDR. Are there any past CP cruisers that can dispel those bad reviews?

We did the Iceland Norway T/A last September on the CB. We are also doing this year's sailing as well. The CB is a great ship despite her advancing years. I'll be on her in 57 days and I'll let you know who she is holding up.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

• 1 month later...
I just watched a youtube video of the buffet on a Princess ship. So much more variety than on Carnival. Lamb chops, lobster tails, crab, escargot and every kind of meat. Is this still the way the buffet is?

It hasn't been that way on a Princess ship in 15 years of more. Occasionally you might see lamb chops at the evening buffet.

My wife and I were on the CP although it was 2 yrs ago so not sure if that makes a difference but we had a great time on that ship and the food was just fine. I think some people are just never happy no matter what and of course a cruise is what you make it! Relax and enjoy the trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the CB for a 10 day cruise last October, a 14 day B2B in March and will be on a 29 day B2B shortly. We did not see any problems with the condition of the ship. The food was what we have expected on Princess ships over the last few years. The menus come from corporate and on the 14 day B2B repeated itself.

Definitely...if basing my decisions on negative reviews then I would never take a cruise.

I've read bad reviews from the same cruise that I've sailed doing the same things...all reviews are very subjective & sometimes bad reviews are a result of having unreasonable expectations by not researching what to expect on any cruise.

i did a review on the forum section on my first cruise after joining CC it was my 3rd princess one and 9th cruise. Somebody else posted her own report and it was amazing to me the things she complained about.

Before my most recent cruise, I checked recent reviews for this ship from the front page of this site. One reviewer didn't get the name of the ship right or had just posted a review of a cruise taken many years before as it hadn't been om that side of the world for at least five years i alerted a CC admin and they did removed that review.

Another reviewer complained about the entertainment, specifically the live Hawaiian music. i think most who have taken the Hawaiian RTs which was the cruise this person did would be shaking their heads because the music is often cited as a major plus.

Some people are not happy unless there is something to complain about. If it's major take it up with the cruise line, if not move on and do/eat/drink something else. The best thing Frozen has taught our kids is Let it go. Lol

I was very excited about a possible cruise on the Carribean Princess in December before reading the negative reviews about bland food in the MDR. Are there any past CP cruisers that can dispel those bad reviews?

Food is subjective.

My wife and I were on the CP although it was 2 yrs ago so not sure if that makes a difference but we had a great time on that ship and the food was just fine. I think some people are just never happy no matter what and of course a cruise is what you make it! Relax and enjoy the trip

I agree. Besides, it's not only the food that makes a cruise.