7 night on the Oasis or 6 nights on the Freedom?

Can y'all help me out and give me the pros and cons of two itineraries? The vessels don't really matter, I'm sure I'd be happy on either, but the itineraries differ, so that's where I'm stuck.

The first is a 7 night cruise on Oasis of the Seas: Port Canaveral -> Cruising -> Labadee -> Falmouth -> Cruising -> Cozumel -> Cruising -> Port Canaveral.

The second is a 6 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas: Fort Lauderdale ->Cruising -> George Town, Cayman Island -> Cozumel -> Costa Maya -> Cruising -> Port Canaveral.

For reference it would be a honeymoon cruise for my fiancée and I. We're both mid-20s, looking forward to active excursions, but want to make the most of our time. We were about to purchase a 4 night cruise to Cozumel and back aboard the Independence, but realized we'd rather leave the day after our wedding instead of going back to work for a few days.

First, congrats on getting hitched.

Oasis can be overwhelming, but it's great for active lifestyles with its zipline, two flowriders (to FOS's one) and generally will have more evening activities simply because there are more venues. But if you don't care as much about the ships as the itenerary, Oasis' itinerary may be superior.

Labadee's zipline is a great experience. People seem to enjoy Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, and Cozy has a lot of active excursions as well, and some decent food if you look around.

Grand Cayman is beautiful, but in my time there I didn't note a ton of active-ish shore excursions. Some may have been added.

Have fun and congratulations!

Can't resist also recommending a special dinner at 150 Central Park if you end up on Oasis. It's a great experience and, at least at the 150 on Allure, you receive souvenir menus with your names and the date on them.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm definitely leaning more towards the Oasis voyage.

Especially since I just did a mock booking on Costco Travel and the price is just about the same.

Has anyone done Shore Excursioneer's hike/bike trip in Falmouth? I'm thinking that'd be more fun than holding hands in a line going up Dunn River Falls.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm definitely leaning more towards the Oasis voyage.

Especially since I just did a mock booking on Costco Travel and the price is just about the same.

Has anyone done Shore Excursioneer's hike/bike trip in Falmouth? I'm thinking that'd be more fun than holding hands in a line going up Dunn River Falls.

Do not underestimate the fun potential of DRF. At least do it once

I hear you when you say the ship does not matter - and in many cases that's true. But not where Oasis and her sisters are concerned. If you can get the same cabin class on O Vs anything else for the same price, it might be the biggest no brainier of all time.

And congrats!

Edited by nealstuber

Can y'all help me out and give me the pros and cons of two itineraries? The vessels don't really matter, I'm sure I'd be happy on either, but the itineraries differ, so that's where I'm stuck.

The first is a 7 night cruise on Oasis of the Seas: Port Canaveral -> Cruising -> Labadee -> Falmouth -> Cruising -> Cozumel -> Cruising -> Port Canaveral.

The second is a 6 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas: Fort Lauderdale ->Cruising -> George Town, Cayman Island -> Cozumel -> Costa Maya -> Cruising -> Port Canaveral.

For reference it would be a honeymoon cruise for my fiancée and I. We're both mid-20s, looking forward to active excursions, but want to make the most of our time. We were about to purchase a 4 night cruise to Cozumel and back aboard the Independence, but realized we'd rather leave the day after our wedding instead of going back to work for a few days.

Oasis all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Say what?

I've been casually shopping trips for 2018, and between the same itineraries (though on Allure), and Allure is $400 more PER PERSON than Freedom.

So you're telling me there's hope? :)

Edited by projectx

Say what?

I've been casually shopping trips for 2018, and between the same itineraries (though on Allure), and Allure is $400 more PER PERSON than Freedom.

So you're telling me there's hope? :)

Oasis has the cheapest prices out of the three Oasis class ships. Allure and harmony are more expensive.

Oasis has the cheapest prices out of the three Oasis class ships. Allure and harmony are more expensive.

Good to know for the future. Still, the Oasis cruise (which is similar to the Allure itinerary) is still $350/pp more than Freedom.

About 3 weeks ago it was actually less expensive on the oasis than it was on the freedom. Just keep checking back.