Christmas decorations

My husband and I will be on the Navigator from December 4th to December 9th. Will the ship have Christmas decorations? I watched a video of a ship tour and noticed a Christmas tree and it dawned on me it may be decorated. This would be wonderful since it is my absolute favorite time of year! I'm one of those who starts watching Christmas shows once Halloween is over. Please don't judge :)!

My husband and I will be on the Navigator from December 4th to December 9th. Will the ship have Christmas decorations? I watched a video of a ship tour and noticed a Christmas tree and it dawned on me it may be decorated. This would be wonderful since it is my absolute favorite time of year! I'm one of those who starts watching Christmas shows once Halloween is over. Please don't judge :)!

We have cruised a few times the weekend after Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations were up.

Yes they should be.

Royal Caribbean is actually blowing out their holiday sailings this year with special decorations, programming, and a bunch of other stuff. They have a website all about it:

http://goo.gl/WqnrXH

We have cruised a few times the weekend after Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations were up.

So there's a good chance there will be stuff on the Nov 28th - Dec. 3rd sailing of the Independence? It's the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Given the link that "towel-animal" shared too?

So there's a good chance there will be stuff on the Nov 28th - Dec. 3rd sailing of the Independence? It's the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Given the link that "towel-animal" shared too?

Our experience has been that they start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

Is it typical for there to be a "Santa" on board (e.g. a dressed-up crew member) with photo opportunities, similar to the "mall Santa" type of setup?

In the past "Santa" has only made an appearance on Christmas morning for the kids. Sound like it will be different this year.

At the very bottom of the page from the link given it says "Holiday themed DreamWorks experience and characters will be available on select ships during the month of December". Hopefully it's mine. I guess I'll have to call my travel agent :)

At the very bottom of the page from the link given it says "Holiday themed DreamWorks experience and characters will be available on select ships during the month of December". Hopefully it's mine. I guess I'll have to call my travel agent :)

We will be on this sailing with you. From our past experience last year the decorations will be up for our sailing. We have found this is our favorite time of year to vacation and are really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure that there are no DreamWorks characters on this ship. They do not have them fleet wide and this ship is one of the few larger ones without them. Maybe they will do something else special for the holidays but I have not seen anything yet.

Only a few more months to go before we are on board:)

We usually cruise the weekend right after Thanksgiving (November 27th. this year). What we have seen is that the giant tree is up and decorated when we board, then as the week goes by, more and more things appear. It's actually kind of fun looking for the new decorations. Poinsettia seem to multiply overnight like rabbits! If you really want to get into the spirit, why not decorate your cabin door? Pick up a few items at the Dollar Store, then hot glue on some magnets and you are good to go! Merry Christmas!!

We will be on this sailing with you. From our past experience last year the decorations will be up for our sailing. We have found this is our favorite time of year to vacation and are really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure that there are no DreamWorks characters on this ship. They do not have them fleet wide and this ship is one of the few larger ones without them. Maybe they will do something else special for the holidays but I have not seen anything yet.

Only a few more months to go before we are on board:)

I called my travel agent and she said yes it will be all "decked" out! I don't really care about the DreamWorks characters. It is just my husband and I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary but, all the Christmas decorations are a plus. We are so excited. First vacation with out our boys and my oldest is 19 years old!!! See you there :)

Edited by firstcruiseyeah
wrong number

Hello there.

Our ships will be decorated for Christmas throughout the holiday season, and all December long we're hosting the biggest holiday celebration at sea. For more details please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/holidays.

We hope this info helps!

Thanks! I hope all the Christmas festivities with Santa includes Liberty - my family will be squeaking into the beginning of December with the Nov 27 - Dec 4 sailing :)

Royal Caribbean is actually blowing out their holiday sailings this year with special decorations, programming, and a bunch of other stuff. They have a website all about it:

http://goo.gl/WqnrXH

I'm glad to see this! I'm a holiday lover and we have a December cruise booked as well. In years past they have always been decorated, but I wouldn't use the term 'decked out' usually a few garlands strung about, a tree, and a gingerbread village. Can't wait to see what this year holds!

We only did one Christmastime cruise and it was so much fun. The other poster who mentioned that they keep adding decorations throughout the month is spot on. Poinsettias kept popping up all over the ship and seemed to move around at night on their own. LOL

Since we were driving to the port, we got a bit carried away about how much stuff we could take to decorate our door and our cabin, but we had a lot of fun with it. The little fiber optic Christmas tree was ordered on line, and the last few days of the cruise we brought it down to the dining room where it was our centerpiece at dinner ... it made quite the conversation piece!

ChristmastimeCruise011_zps24c70e8f.jpg

ChristmastimeCruise035_zpsed479a66.jpg

ChristmastimeCruise040_zps3c200c5c.jpg

We only did one Christmastime cruise and it was so much fun. The other poster who mentioned that they keep adding decorations throughout the month is spot on. Poinsettias kept popping up all over the ship and seemed to move around at night on their own. LOL

Since we were driving to the port, we got a bit carried away about how much stuff we could take to decorate our door and our cabin, but we had a lot of fun with it. The little fiber optic Christmas tree was ordered on line, and the last few days of the cruise we brought it down to the dining room where it was our centerpiece at dinner ... it made quite the conversation piece!

ChristmastimeCruise011_zps24c70e8f.jpg

ChristmastimeCruise035_zpsed479a66.jpg

ChristmastimeCruise040_zps3c200c5c.jpg

These are gorgeous :-) I wish Royal we decorate all the rooms like that- too hard to bring stuff for those flying in but it looks amazing!

• 1 month later...

We are on Navigator for Thanksgiving, the 23rd (Wednesday) to the 27th (Sunday). Will they be decorating during our cruise? Since it's a short cruise, but a holiday, I am hoping for something special. Thanks.

Emeraoldcity....I LOVED what you did to your door and room..OMG..I am so inspired to do it up a little more on my doors...THANKS for the ideas!!!! :D

You're very welcome.

Our room steward told us people were stopping by nearly every day to take pictures. It was fun. And it made our room so easy to spot as we came down the hall. I bought 2 36-inch self-adhesive magnetic strips and cut them into one inch pieces to affix the wrapping paper to the door. And I covered the pictures in the cabin with wrapping paper without actually getting any tape of the back of the pictures. I was originally going to add wide ribbon and bows to the pictures to make them look more like packages -- but you have to draw the line somewhere. :)

they were up last year on the indy on the sailing after thanksgiving so i would assume it to be the same this year.