Crown princess....which to choose

funji1

Trouble picking a cabin. Both are inside due to pricing.

I like deck 15 for easy access to the pool and buffet. It is below the saunas and dressing rooms of the spa so I hoping it will be quiet.

I like deck 12 being more stable as it is midship. No noise concerns here.

In the Southern Caribbean, will there be mostly calm waters for a forward cabin on a high deck???

Thanks in advance !!

Deck 15 Riviera, any cabin in the 700-600's.

Right out the aft doors to the aft pool then up a few stairs to the Buffet/Bar area. Great location!!

I thought the aft pool was outside deck 14. I was concerned cabins R745 on deck 14 aft would be directly under the buffet and noisy. ???No or yes.

I like deck 15 for easy access to the pool and buffet. It is below the saunas and dressing rooms of the spa so I hoping it will be quiet.

In the Southern Caribbean, will there be mostly calm waters for a forward cabin on a high deck???

Thanks in advance !!

An inside on Lido Deck will be convenient to the pool BUT... while the buffet is also on deck 15, you will be on opposite ends of the ship ... you forward ... the buffet aft... and to get there it will be an outside walk staying on deck 15. ;)

I thought the aft pool was outside deck 14. I was concerned cabins R745 on deck 14 aft would be directly under the buffet and noisy. ???No or yes.

Correct, its been a few years but I remember having to still walk up 4-5 stairs to bring you to the aft pool deck. We were in R730 and didn't hear any noise, R745 would under the Bar.

Sorry yes deck 14.

We stay in those cabins all the time. Its the carpeted aft area of the Cafe Caribe and very quiet. We don't hear anything.

Riviera Deck 14 aft inside cabin R 737 o R 741 price:$2068 per couple

Aloha Deck 12 midship inside cabin A511 price: $2228 per couple

Lido deck 15 forward inside cabin L245 price: $2068 per couple

Which would you choose based on location / price ?? We will be spending most of the sea days on the pool deck with a large group.

Many thanks again!!:)

Edited by funji1

Which would you choose based on location / price ?? We will be spending most of the sea days on the pool deck with a large group.

My absolute FIRST choice would be A511 because of the convenience of its location to the mid-ship elevators and stairs. Also, it is sandwiched between two passenger decks. :)

QUOTE=funji1;50470748 ....I thought the aft pool was outside deck 14. I was concerned cabins R745 on deck 14 aft would be directly under the buffet and noisy. ???No or yes.

========================================

Yes, the aft pool (Terrace Pool) is on deck 14 aft (Riviera deck).

Yes, R745 is directly below the Café Caribe buffet.

I would pick Riviera first and Lido 2nd.

On Lido I would have the cabin be forward of that forward elevator bank. (less foot traffic heading to the pool)

I would pick Riviera first and Lido 2nd.

On Lido I would have the cabin be forward of that forward elevator bank. (less foot traffic heading to the pool)

I'd go this route..

Rivera easy walk up to lido and pool.

When booking an inside I like the idea of getting outside quickly. Negative with Lido is the muster drill location with zillions of pax in the theater.

I sailed in my first 7day IS cabin AFT on Rivera my second on Lido and just last month my third on Plaza.......after only having balconies and above for so many years it was a nice change. I loved them all.

Was surprised though as we had midship with our plaza cabin and rough seas(it was a pacific coastal) and I certainly felt the movement. However, I should state the seas were rough enough that we stayed over night in San Francisco rather than leaving at 11pm that night.

Keith, when did u change ur avatar?

Edited by land lover

If you are willing to consider Deck 8 (Emerald) we had 2 cabins that were listed as "obstructed view". The obstructed view cabin cost was less than the price of an interior cabin and we thought the view was almost totally unobstructed. We had cabin E-702 and my mom had E-701 on the opposite side of the ship.

With all your information and great input, we have decided to go with the midship cabin on ALoha deck. We will not have the fastest access to the deck, but the exercise will help with the food intake and we will be stable if we should hit lousy weather. Like having an insurance policy that helps keep the weight gain down too.

THANKS TO ALL AGAIN !! CC ROCKS !!! :)

We love the Plaze deck insides. Right by the International Cafe. Also lots of entertainment on that deck. Sometimes you just happen by it when going to your cabin. I get breakfast at the International Cafe. Just walk up a deck or so for the theaters etc. Nice location and cheaper!

Personal reference, but I love the forward inside cabins on the Lido deck on that class of Princess ship. Such as the L240s. Very convenient for getting out on the open deck, to the burger bar and pizza place. The the forward elevators are often less busy (except for when there is an event in the Princess theater), and it's just a nice walk to the Horizon Court in the morning for early coffee. If I decide that I would prefer morning coffee from the coffee bar in Plaza deck, I just walk thru on deck 15 to the midship elevators.

I've yet to find the ocean motion to be an issue when staying in a cabin up there.

Thanks in advance !!

If you are considering Riviera deck as well, you may want to stay away from the 400 series interior cabins. They are at the below and at the forward end of the lido deck. You might hear noises from the movement of deck chairs especially in the morning.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G