Behind the scene tour

JohnHall1965

There are two variations:

1) Paid tour (you sign up at the Guest Services Desk, I believe)

2) Free tour if you're a Platinum level guest (you get your invite in your cabin on Day 1)

Does NCL offer some sort of behind the scene ship your ?
Edited by atomax

We did the behind the scenes tour on Getaway. It was expensive...something like $85 per person. However, EVERYONE gets a personal photo in a chef's hat in the kitchen in one of the big professional photo books. NCL would charge $45 for this item alone. The pay tour is more inclusive than the platinum latitudes tour and they limit the tour to a small group. We enjoyed it and the photo is pretty cool since its not a group shot but an individual shot of you working in the kitchen. They take you to exclusive areas like the dining hall of the crew, garbage recycling area, and laundry area in addition to going backstage for the entertainment shows. The tour begins with a video and the history of NCL which was interesting. I would not recommend the tour for small kids. We had a few in our group who had no interest standing around listening to lectures for hours. The final stop is the bridge which we got to go into.

I believe just a couple available for purchase. My experience has been usually on the last sea day. I just got off the Breakaway, and it appeared they had 2-3 tours going all within an hour or so of each other.

As of May, 2016 - neither the Platinum nor the paid BTST include/offer access to the Bridge Tour, for safety & security reasons, per NCL - and I can confirm that only for the Breakaway as we sailed her only 3X. A security officer will trail and follow the group on the tour.

The tour guide might, or might NOT be fully knowledgeable about the ship - according to some - but, it is informative. The paid tour is priced alike for adults and teens/children and just $79 p/p on the BA only (duration is approximately 2 hours - shortened from 3 hours in 2015, for your convenience ... as it is a lot of walking and some stairs climbing, closed-toes shoes are a must) It should be listed in your Shorex offers - and you can use OBC to offset the charges. The Platinum tour we took this May lasted about 90 minutes and was exempt from any 18% surcharge or fees, good luck & let's hope it's kept that way also for the paid tour.

As of May, 2016 - neither the Platinum nor the paid BTST include/offer access to the Bridge Tour, for safety & security reasons, per NCL - and I can confirm that only for the Breakaway as we sailed her only 3X. A security officer will trail and follow the group on the tour.

As noted above we are Platinum and our last cruise on the Sun in May did not include the Bridge. We did have security tag along which was a first.

On the Platinum tour what is the security risk? When we board the ship we are screened for contraband. Those that are Platinum are long time NCL customers. Like we're going to cause a problem. Really!

So, in the absence of a Bridge tour why can't the Captain address the group and answer questions in a safe area?

As a side note, if you are having a M&G, ask for a galley tour during your M&G. It's been done in the past.:)

No bridge or engine control room visits on my paid tour on Breakaway (5/22), supposedly for security reasons, but I visited both sites on the Anthem of the Seas 2 weeks later.

Roy

On the Platinum tour what is the security risk? When we board the ship we are screened for contraband. Those that are Platinum are long time NCL customers. Like we're going to cause a problem. Really!

So, in the absence of a Bridge tour why can't the Captain address the group and answer questions in a safe area?

Just because someone is Platinum doesn't mean he or she is a good person and poses no security risks on that cruise.

As for the Captain "addressing the group," why do some pax feel entitled to this?

Edited by Turtles06