Radiance of the seas holding value

Can anyone explain or have an idea why, on cruises from Australia, Radiance average $150 an night but the other RC ships average $100 or even less per night.

Not very often you see a good price for twin share.

Then when I have heard drinks are very expensive plus gratuities and exchange rate it makes for one expensive cruise compared to others on offer.

You have to look for a great deal and a inside cabin. We did Australia and new Zealand 3 week cruise 3 years ago and found another great deal for April of 2017. This one is 23 days.

Can anyone explain or have an idea why, on cruises from Australia, Radiance average $150 an night but the other RC ships average $100 or even less per night.

Not very often you see a good price for twin share.

Then when I have heard drinks are very expensive plus gratuities and exchange rate it makes for one expensive cruise compared to others on offer.

You have to compare apples with apples when comparing cruises.

I just looked up the RCl site for Radiance and , in NZ dollars,(which are almost on par with Au dollars these days )got the following prices..

This was just a selection of the first 6 cruise on their list

All insides and from

$106, $86, $142, $105, $133, $95 per day giving an avg of $95 per day. The dearer ones where Australian coastal, I guess because they have to include GST.

Cruised Radiance last November Syd/NZ/Freo, 16 day < $100 per day including return flight from Perth to Sydney. About a week before departure they halved that to $750 to fill the last few cabins. Just have to be ready when the specials come up.

We did the Fremantle to Sydney leg last Nov. 16 nights for around $1500 pp in an oceanview room. The previous year we managed to get a grand suite for well under $4000 pp including gratuities on Radiance. Both deals were after the initial final payment due date.

She is one of our favourites with a happy crew and we have always had exceptional captains - very passenger friendly. The ship never feels crowded as it is mid size and lots of glass for viewing if the weather is not so good.

The deals pop up now and again, follow some of the online sites or agents as sometimes the deals can be better than with RCI.