Vista or Oasis of the Seas?? Help!!

jlizard

Trying to decide on Vista or Oasis of the Seas for a Spring Break cruise in April. Prices are about the same. Help me decide!!

Can't go wrong with either choice but I would compare itineraries. Vista is either 6 or 8 days and Oasis is 7 days so you are going to have either 1 extra or 1 less day for the same price.

If you are looking at the 8 day Vista vs the 7 day Oasis at about the same price, I would go with the Vista. 4 ports and 3 sea days with all ports not your typical Caribbean locals.

The 6 day vs the 7 day Oasis is more towards the Oasis. Both have 3 ports but you are losing a sea day on the Visa. Both have your regular Caribbean ports, ie Cozumel, Nassau, Jamaica, but the Oasis does have a route that has St Maartin and St Thomas.

Edited by Liljo22

I agree that you can't really go wrong with either choice. So, definitely a "first world problem" that you're facing. :-)

However, if you've never been on an Oasis class ship, I would suggest trying it, at least once. Between the Boardwalk with the carousel and Aqua Theater, Central Park, the Rising Tide Bar, the ice rink, etc., it really is different than other lines' large ships. Just my two cents...

We just tried RCCL Oasis this year, for the first time. Normally Carnival cruisers......

We LOVED it.......however, with that being said, the ship is HUGE.

Tons to offer, but LOTS of walking......lol

While we had a great time, and think that there are things RCCL does better than Carnival, at the end of the week, we all agreed we missed Carnival.

Now, wait for it......................................................

:D:D

Already in the planning stage of next summers cruise, and I keep checking RCCL Allure and Harmony..............along with Carnival Magic and Vista.....

Decisions, decisions...........:D:D

I prefer the longer cruise, that said I did sail the Oasis in November. Fantastic ship with plenty to see and do, but it is very large. You have to make reservations for the shows etc., before your board or you most likely won't get in. Yes I would sail the Oasis again, but I prefer the Dream class for the size.

Either way you can't go wrong.

You have the same issue I had trying to make a decision. I decided on vista for next year but, I had been thinking real hard on harmony of the seas. Carnival won because it's my 25 anniversary and we wanted a spa room. Before you guys go there yes I know it's not the same.

Will probably go harmony following year. You gotta see it at least once.[emoji4]

Edited by Eileenfa1

This is so funny. Our group was in the same boat with our decision on our March 2017 cruise. We had a group that had never experience that class of ship on RCCL so we decided on the Harmony of the Seas but i sure can't wait until i do the Vista.

Oasis is incredible. There is so much to do onboard you cannot do it all in a week. I'm sure Vista is very, very nice, but it's not in the same league as Oasis due to size. Just be sure to make your show and dining reservations in advance for Oasis. You will love that ship. It is amazing!

Oasis was fantastic this past February. Very large, but only a few times did we feel crowded. We liked it so much we booked the newest Oasis class ship Harmony for this February :cool:

We are booked on Vista in March and have been following her progress online. So far the reviews have been good.:cool:

I would say it's a win-win decision.

Edited by mooseman52b

What does it do better? I have heard the entertainment is a lot better, but what else?

Better on Oasis:

Entertainment

Restaurants (both included and specialty)

Cabins

Bars (Rising Tide Bar comes to mind)

Activities

All Adults Solarium and giant hot tubs

Flow Riders (even if you don't do it, it is a lot of fun to watch)

Ice skating

Massive rock walls

Central Park - relaxing outdoor space

High Diving show

Acrobatic show

Comedy club (always someone you have seen on TV)

Broadway Musical

Upscale shops (Coach, Willow, Prince and Greene, Regalia among many)

Jazz club

Ambience - Oasis somehow manages to never seem crowded.

Room Service (includes hot foods as well as cold)

RCCL has really hit it out of the ballpark and made Oasis class ships so outstanding it is the closest any cruise line has ever come to making the ship THE destination.

Better on Oasis:

Entertainment

Restaurants (both included and specialty)

Cabins

Bars (Rising Tide Bar comes to mind)

Activities

All Adults Solarium and giant hot tubs

Flow Riders (even if you don't do it, it is a lot of fun to watch)

Ice skating

Massive rock walls

Central Park - relaxing outdoor space

High Diving show

Acrobatic show

Comedy club (always someone you have seen on TV)

Broadway Musical

Upscale shops (Coach, Willow, Prince and Greene, Regalia among many)

Jazz club

Ambience - Oasis somehow manages to never seem crowded.

Room Service (includes hot foods as well as cold)

RCCL has really hit it out of the ballpark and made Oasis class ships so outstanding it is the closest any cruise line has ever come to making the ship THE destination.

You must be joking on some of your points....right? ;)

Huh, I don't see the Vista in your sailed list....typo?

You have got to be joking?.?.?.

You would have to think about Vista vs. Oasis?

The vista...which is slightly evolved from the dream which is slightly evolved from the conquest etc etc vs the Oasis which is in a class unto itself...

SMH!!!

The vista...which is slightly evolved from the dream which is slightly evolved from the conquest etc etc vs the Oasis which is in a class unto itself...

SMH!!!

Wait a minute, now that I think about it, your right. I don't have to think about it. It's Vista by a country mile. Not even close. I sailed oasis once and that was more than enough. The class logics you describe makes no sense to the argument by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SMH!!!

Im not sure how thats relevant but anyway. For me personally, I would pick Oasis ONLY because I have not been there and done that yet and have wanted to since those ships were built. Now that she is coming to PC and the prices are somewhat reasonable, Im looking at her for 2018. Its very likely to be a one and done cruise for me though. Those ships seem way more like a floating resort than a cruise ship to me. I like a connection to the sea.

My biggest concern right now about Vista is the amount of guests they pack on that ship vs. how big it is. The lines on Magic were long enough for me. ;)

Edited by ryano