footwear elegant evening dining room

jopal

hi I will be sailing on the carnival sunshine july 20th. and was wondering if its appropriate to wear dressy sandals to the dining room on cruise elegant night and also to the steak house, I will also be wearing dressy slacks and shirt or will I not be admitted thank you for any information regarding :confused::confused: this post

I HAVE seen men turned away in shorts on elegant night but the OP asked about sandals.

I have not seen any dress code that mentions shoes except maybe for no beach slipper type shoes sandals.

There is no tie required anywhere on board!

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday and believe me, whatever you wear to dinner on whatever night is apparently acceptable..NEVER thought I'd see barefoot in the Steakhouse, but YES indeed, I did!

(The person had shoes under the table but took them off and was walking around barefoot!)

Baseball caps, cutoffs, tank tops etc. were normal.....

Honestly, I don't care if you walk around naked but this was just my observation!

hi I will be sailing on the carnival sunshine july 20th. and was wondering if its appropriate to wear dressy sandals to the dining room on cruise elegant night and also to the steak house, I will also be wearing dressy slacks and shirt or will I not be admitted thank you for any information regarding :confused::confused: this post

No one will be looking at your feet.

You might need a tie for the steak house. Sandals are fine for the MDR.

Ties are not required for the steakhouse, nor are jackets or even dress shirts. Or are you saying laced shoes?

I've seen men, mostly older, wear sandals and sox to the MDR.

Edited by evandbob

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday and believe me, whatever you wear to dinner on whatever night is apparently acceptable..NEVER thought I'd see barefoot in the Steakhouse, but YES indeed, I did!

(The person had shoes under the table but took them off and was walking around barefoot!)

Honestly, I don't care if you walk around naked but this was just my observation!

No one will be looking at your feet.

Well maybe some people will be :D

All the men in our group wear jesus sandals or leather boat shoes sans socks. No one has ever batted an eye.

They can get glittery ones. :D

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Birkenstock-Betula-Hot-Pink-Glittering-Gel-Grace-double-strap-Ladies-Size-8-/231981834807?nav=SEARCH

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's what DW wears, dressy sandals. So long as footwear isn't run of the mill flip flops or barefeet, you should be okay. I've seen sneaks worn on formal nights.

On a cruise last year i brought a black suit and realized I had not packed my dress shoes. I almost skipped elegant night but finally decided to put on my margaritaville flip flops and go eat some lobster. no one said a word.

What is a "dressy" flip flop? Just curious.

I have 2 pairs. One is hot-pink vinyl in a bow shape; those are my flats. And I have another wedge flip-flops that have decorative glass-beadings across the tops.

Both of these are not something I would wear around the pool or beach. They're basically a nice sandal without the back strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have witnessed the same on 5 difference cruises over the past 18 months! I really could care less, but I definitely did notice!

I have witnessed the same on 5 difference cruises over the past 18 months! I really could care less, but I definitely did notice!

Couldn't help but notice the barefoot lady...She was right next to me! (LOL)